Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Analysis: 1.5% CB on non-CC items with Ink Plus

Analysis: 1.5% CB on non-CC items with Ink Plus

Old Nov 26, 14, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by tilleyd View Post
Particlemn, thanks for the clarification, very helpful. ^ Nothing precludes me from applying for the Chase Southwest and manufacturing 60K on it, so I still have a shot! I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was Maybe I'll call Chase and see if they'll be kind enough to tell me which products I had with them in the past. No sense in getting approved for one I already had in the past, as the rewards/promo offers wouldn't apply again.
Wrong again. You can get the same bonus again. Depends when you got the old card and/or when you closed it.
Old Nov 26, 14, 11:55 am

Wrong, Chase Ultimate Rewards point transfers do not count towards the Southwest Companion Pass 110,000-point qualification threshold, so what you earn on your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Ink Bold and Ink Plus cards is pretty much redeemable only for travel when it comes to transferring them to Southwest.

Source: The Points Guy
Don't you think the people giving you advice would know better than you? Just listen man.
Old Nov 26, 14, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ibleed0range View Post
Wrong again. You can get the same bonus again. Depends when you got the old card and/or when you closed it.
Exactly!

Don't you think the people giving you advice would know better than you? Just listen man.
It may be too much for those who rely on reading the blogs and think the bloggers know the best...

This thread just demonstrates once again, some newbies thought they have learned everything by reading the blogs ... Their losses and your gains, the less people learn the ropes the better for those who truly try to understand the game by extensive reading (and with some analytical skills, too.)
Old Nov 26, 14, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Angry

Here we go again, ad hominem all over again. Us newbies don't read and lack analytic skills. LOL, if only you knew what job I do for a living! Please keep the glib comments to yourselves Rather, correct without criticizing or making backhand remarks.
Old Nov 26, 14, 3:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Particlemn, thanks for the clarification, very helpful. ^ Nothing precludes me from applying for the Chase Southwest and manufacturing 60K on it, so I still have a shot! I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was Maybe I'll call Chase and see if they'll be kind enough to tell me which products I had with them in the past. No sense in getting approved for one I already had in the past, as the rewards/promo offers wouldn't apply again.
You might consider keeping better records in the future of when you apply and cancel each card. statements like "I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was" are usually spoken by those who make mistakes. I think you have been misunderstanding helpful comments that are trying to keep you from making mistakes but instead you have called them out saying those people are "newby bashing". I have learned a great deal by reading many comments from many very smart people here, not all of them are written in a touchy fealy way.
I would recommend you reread "mandj" post and rather than think they are bashing newbys understand what they are saying, you were very quick to reply that they were "wrong" and you knew better but if you really look they were trying to help you by pointing out there are better ways to get southwest points. when someone offers you help by pointing out a flaw in what you did it's not a personal attack on you for being a newby its to help you learn and get better and to offer info to others to make them better.
Old Nov 26, 14, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn View Post
You might consider keeping better records in the future of when you apply and cancel each card. statements like "I know I've had a Chase southwest card in the past. I just don't remember which one it was" are usually spoken by those who make mistakes. I think you have been misunderstanding helpful comments that are trying to keep you from making mistakes but instead you have called them out saying those people are "newby bashing". I have learned a great deal by reading many comments from many very smart people here, not all of them are written in a touchy fealy way.
I would recommend you reread "mandj" post and rather than think they are bashing newbys understand what they are saying, you were very quick to reply that they were "wrong" and you knew better but if you really look they were trying to help you by pointing out there are better ways to get southwest points. when someone offers you help by pointing out a flaw in what you did it's not a personal attack on you for being a newby its to help you learn and get better and to offer info to others to make them better.
^^^
Old Nov 26, 14, 4:29 pm

Here we go again, ad hominem all over again. Us newbies don't read and lack analytic skills. LOL, if only you knew what job I do for a living! Please keep the glib comments to yourselves Rather, correct without criticizing or making backhand remarks.
I work with people who can't even do the job they are qualified for so that isn't saying much
Old Nov 26, 14, 4:56 pm

I work with people who can't even do the job they are qualified for so that isn't saying much
I have a good friend who is a rocket scientist who is very compitent and he says all this crazy airline stuff is to complicated.
Old Nov 26, 14, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by particlemn View Post
All good intention but I am afraid it will be fallen to deaf ears as per the underlined part in the post below. With this type of attitude, well, the poster would continue to do all his analysis (like the laughable one that started this thread) and feels good about himself, while still have no idea what he has missed...

Last edited by Happy; Nov 26, 14 at 6:23 pm
Old Nov 26, 14, 7:20 pm

A couple thing missed that could be done with 100k UR points instead of 5 rt tickets on southwest is I could take 9 rt to Las Vegas or 9 rt to San fransisco or 4 rt to Hawaii or 1 rt in business class to Europe but then again I know a few good options for UR points. But I also understand there are many much smarter than I on this board who could probably find greater value and I am thankful that others share their wisdom. Happy thanksgiving everybody !!!
Old Nov 26, 14, 8:21 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
sigh

now I completely see why some folks should just not be playing this game.
Old Nov 26, 14, 9:14 pm

Sigh. Nobody is going to ask? I'm gonna have to be the one to do it? Alright. Ahem. Please regale us and share with us what it is you do for a living so that we may decide for ourselves if we are worthy.
Old Nov 27, 14, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
All good intention but I am afraid it will be fallen to deaf ears as per the underlined part in the post below. With this type of attitude, well, the poster would continue to do all his analysis (like the laughable one that started this thread) and feels good about himself, while still have no idea what he has missed...
Let the OP do whatever he wants and let him feel sooooo self righteous about it. Let him pat himself on the back for being so smart and for rejecting advise of others who are trying to help him. Why try to help?
Old Nov 28, 14, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
Let the OP do whatever he wants and let him feel sooooo self righteous about it. Let him pat himself on the back for being so smart and for rejecting advise of others who are trying to help him. Why try to help?
I only guess the OP had very good intentions, but the wrong approach, followed by comments that were read the wrong way.

tilleyd, most people here are willing to help, if you first read wiki and then ask educated questions. Now what you do with your points, and how you use them, is all up to you.
Old Nov 30, 14, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU View Post
I only guess the OP had very good intentions, but the wrong approach, followed by comments that were read the wrong way.

tilleyd, most people here are willing to help, if you first read wiki and then ask educated questions. Now what you do with your points, and how you use them, is all up to you.
y'all there ain't no doubt people are tryin' to help, albeit w/ a new york style attitude; LOL, i thought MS was dead in NYC???

Last edited by FranscescaJenica; Nov 30, 14 at 7:46 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: