FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Radius Bank 1% Debit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1628963-radius-bank-1-debit-card.html)

tonei Nov 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Radius Bank 1% Debit Card

Just got an email from Smarterbucks, a student loan rewards program – they have a new checking account offer with Radius Bank that provides 1% in cash back on debit card signature purchases. If you link your SmarterBucks account to an eligible student loan it will automatically send a payment once a month if your rewards balance is $10 or more. Unlike uPromise, it doesn't look like there's an easy way to get a check cut to you instead, although their website does say that if you

They also have a $50 signup bonus if you set up direct deposit.
Details here: http://www.smarterbucks.com/ftub_details

MasterCharge Nov 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by stellertony (Post 23847724)
Just got an email from Smarterbucks, a student loan rewards program – they have a new checking account offer with Radius Bank that provides 1% in cash back on debit card signature purchases. If you link your SmarterBucks account to an eligible student loan it will automatically send a payment once a month if your rewards balance is $10 or more. Unlike uPromise, it doesn't look like there's an easy way to get a check cut to you instead, although their website does say that if you

Thanks for sharing, whats on my mind is will they tolerate excessive MO's via mobile deposit.

aGeist Nov 15, 2014 6:48 pm

What is excessive?

LoveMountains Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Free debit card that earns 1% back in SmarterBucks rewards on all non-PIN purchases
Useless.

hamhead Nov 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains (Post 23847955)
Useless.

thehoodedidiot Nov 16, 2014 12:17 am

isn't google wallet a non-pin transaction and fee free for debit cards.....just saying.....

tuphat Nov 16, 2014 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 23847846)
Thanks for sharing, whats on my mind is will they tolerate excessive MO's via mobile deposit.

What's on my mind is why anyone would be stupid enough to deposit MOs directly back to this checking account, esp. since it will be new and subject to scrutiny?

Werewolfdad Nov 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 23849619)
What's on my mind is why anyone would be stupid enough to deposit MOs directly back to this checking account, esp. since it will be new and subject to scrutiny?

Couldn't you just deposit MOs to your regular bank account, ACH to radius, then use the debt card for online loads of Serve or BB?

MasterCharge Nov 16, 2014 10:04 pm

I am very confident the only people on this forum that will be stupid enough to deposit MO's in a new checking account is (stupid #2) and (stupid #1) :rolleyes:, my comment did not say anything about depositing MO's in a new checking account, my comment was to solicited good feedback about how this "deal" can be prolonged by suggesting a beneficial feature on the account the can help maximize 1% cash back with recycled funds.

tuphat Nov 17, 2014 4:39 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 23852654)
I am very confident the only people on this forum that will be stupid enough to deposit MO's in a new checking account is (stupid #2) and (stupid #1) :rolleyes:, my comment did not say anything about depositing MO's in a new checking account, my comment was to solicited good feedback about how this "deal" can be prolonged by suggesting a beneficial feature on the account the can help maximize 1% cash back with recycled funds.

Inasmuch as the Radius checking account is a new product, and you asked about remote deposits of MOs to the Radius checking account, you were indeed asking about depositing MOs to a new checking account.

Stoughton Nov 17, 2014 6:18 am

my comment was to solicited good feedback about how this "deal" can be prolonged by suggesting a beneficial feature on the account the can help maximize 1% cash back with recycled funds.

Curious to hear how you think you'll net 1% off this.

MasterCharge Nov 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 23853577)

Inasmuch as the Radius checking account is a new product, and you asked about remote deposits of MOs to the Radius checking account, you were indeed asking about depositing MOs to a new checking account.

It's it not a new product to many, it is only a new product for you.*** It's comical the sh.i.t people think of sometimes, you should never assume you know anything. You are assuming i was "indeed asking about depositing MOs to a new checking account." this is similar to someone telling you "I almost robbed the bank!" the fact it did not happen make an assumption of the personal actually robbing the bank false. I did not ask about depositing MO's in to a newly opened checking account.

"This offer is valid for new Radius Checking accounts opened between 6/24/2013 and 12/31/2014 only."

MasterCharge Nov 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 23853820)
Curious to hear how you think you'll net 1% off this.

It's been repeated many times on the forums,

deals die when they are exposed, i plan to keep my discoveries to myself.
:D

Phantom707 Apr 23, 2015 3:27 pm

For the life of me, I could not find if they give you a MasterCard, Visa, or even a Discover debit card. I did a quick image search, and it seems to be a Visa card, but can anyone confirm this?

Alcibiades Apr 24, 2015 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707 (Post 24710905)
or even a Discover debit card

likely VISA or MC. IIRC, only Discover's bank issues an actual Discover Debit card