Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Great advice. Plus, it would be best if people never post on this thread so it will get buried deep. I rarely post in this thread, but I'm tired of seeing it on the first page all the time when most questions are easily answered in the wiki. Biggest advice is always NEVER CALL, be patient, figure out if your store is coded right and next should be STOP CHATTING publically. If I was new at this, but wanted to protect a method, I'd just look through a thread (use search to find an old thread) and pm people who seemed knowledgeable. There's far more PM going on with good answers than what's being posted publically. Feel free to flag this post if you're offended. I don't mind if it gets deleted.
Thank you to those who actually wanted to help. Yes, Walmart does give me 5% back(yes, I do know how to check that and I do read the Wiki and I do read every post before I ask a question). Yes, all my points say available now, but the numbers are just not adding up when I count them back from the last statement. I am still 75,000 points short. I am not calling as of now, but $750 is a good amount of money to just let go.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jan 2, 2016 at 8:20 am Reason: not helpful
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ajhardee
Thank you to those who actually wanted to help. Yes, Walmart does give me 5% back(yes, I do know how to check that and I do read the Wiki and I do read every post before I ask a question). Yes, all my points say available now, but the numbers are just not adding up when I count them back from the last statement. I am still 75,000 points short. I am not calling as of now, but $750 is a good amount of money to just let go. Churnman, do us all a favor and don't post publicly anymore. Nobody likes a "Negative Nancy"
When I copied and pasted to excel, for some reason, some of the transactions where listed as twice, that wasn't the case for your missing 75,000?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by ajhardee
Walmart does give me 5% back
What type VGC you get at your Walmart? Are you able to liquidate in the same WM by using MOs?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
One caveat I'm seeing with this whole thing is you cant make more than 6 transfers from a savings account to the credit account ( to pay down the running balance and increase the CL). I got dinged $15 for what is called "excess activity fee". Basically, I recommend a checking account if you are going to flip the CL ...which most of us that have this card will do easily in a given month.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Originally Posted by mrx900
One caveat I'm seeing with this whole thing is you cant make more than 6 transfers from a savings account to the credit account ( to pay down the running balance and increase the CL). I got dinged $15 for what is called "excess activity fee". Basically, I recommend a checking account if you are going to flip the CL ...which most of us that have this card will do easily in a given month.
yeah that's actually a bank regulation for all banks. I would only do the checking account.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
When I copied and pasted to excel, for some reason, some of the transactions where listed as twice, that wasn't the case for your missing 75,000?
Actually, I did count some transactions twice. Under the "Activity" tab they list the rewards out of numerical order and then the dates repeat themselves. I didn't notice it until my future rewards were saying pending. So it was my mistake and every point is accounted for^ Thanks for those who helped me out on this
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
thread closure

Please continue this discussion in the new thread for 2016:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...es-2016-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.