Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 16, 6:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Father-of-3
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 13, 15, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Lucky888 View Post
I tried loading serve less than $49.99 the other day with vanilla and it failed. Why didn't it work?
it happens to me a lot of times now. I was in an out of town WM and I had a $100 vanilla GC which I tried to load $40 with cashier. It was denied; I went to the other end register lane and tried it again and it worked! I did 2 more with that cashier since there was no line just to drain the GC completely and had no issues. I'm getting used to it now that I don't panic when I get denied loading with ANY GC, I just try at other registers and fwr, it works the second time around 90% of the time; sometimes, I had to try a third time but at least I don't go home w/o my VGCs drained.
Old Dec 13, 15, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks View Post
No one can tell you because you are likely the only person to have a WF Arrival card, as Barclays issues the Arrival
WF Propel; instead I wrote Arrival

Last edited by nfpa70e; Dec 13, 15 at 9:07 am
Old Dec 13, 15, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear View Post
it happens to me a lot of times now. I was in an out of town WM and I had a $100 vanilla GC which I tried to load $40 with cashier. It was denied; I went to the other end register lane and tried it again and it worked! I did 2 more with that cashier since there was no line just to drain the GC completely and had no issues. I'm getting used to it now that I don't panic when I get denied loading with ANY GC, I just try at other registers and fwr, it works the second time around 90% of the time; sometimes, I had to try a third time but at least I don't go home w/o my VGCs drained.
Thanks for the datapoint. In your experience, does the under $49.99 cap work for buying money orders as well or just Serve loads?
Old Dec 13, 15, 2:33 pm

Thanks for the datapoint. In your experience, does the under $49.99 cap work for buying money orders as well or just Serve loads?
I haven't tried buying MOs with vanillas but based on others experience, I've read they were able to buy $49.29 face value plus .70 fee added which equal to $49.99. If you decide to try and succeed in buying higher amount, please let us know.

as to loading to Serve and other prepaids with vanillas, it's not been 100% hassle-free but works for me with 40-20-40 load when I have $100s. I prefer loading vanillas at FD and DG so I reserve these loads to my other prepaids that can be loaded only at WM.
Old Dec 13, 15, 8:40 pm

delete...

Last edited by Atxbobcat; Dec 13, 15 at 9:24 pm Reason: General Incompetence...
Old Dec 13, 15, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Atxbobcat View Post
Has anyone purchased AGCs online with this card and did it receive the 5x?
all the time, it is a grocery store after all
Old Dec 13, 15, 9:13 pm

^
Old Dec 13, 15, 9:33 pm

Thanks for that, I am really starting to feel like this guy right about now...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-deposits.html
Old Dec 14, 15, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by cb11 View Post
Bittersweet day. Finished 6 months today, total 351k. Not too shabby considering I work quite a bit.

Guess I'll take a month off, cancel the card and reapply to the other one (though I honestly have no idea which one I have, ha).
how do you drain that much? that's like 12 bluebird accounts?
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:22 am

If you'd like to significantly increase your odds of having your WF CC shut down and being blacklisted by Wells Fargo, then yes, you should just pay the card directly with MO. You'll have a much better chance of getting shut down and blacklisted.

But if you'd like significantly decrease your odds of getting shut down or blacklisted by a specific bank with which you're MSing heavily, break the chain. Open multiple bank accounts into which to deposit MOs, then pay off the CC issuer from those accounts. That is MSing 101.
Essentially only allowing one to spend the CL twice a week due to time it takes to pay and clear the CL.

Depositing a personal check is probably same issue as MO.

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 15, 11:49 am

Anyone ever have banking errors at WF? I had my second one today, just wondering what experiences others have had.
Old Dec 14, 15, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
Essentially only allowing one to spend the CL twice a week due to time it takes to pay and clear the CL.

Depositing a personal check is probably same issue as MO.

Thanks.
I've deposited multiple BB checks w/o issue. This is probably the quickest way to transfer from BB to WF and free up the CL.
Old Dec 14, 15, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post
I've deposited multiple BB checks w/o issue. This is probably the quickest way to transfer from BB to WF and free up the CL.
Thanks for the data point. Anyone try it with a personal check and then pay the CL down after personal check clears?

Is it solely the paying from an account within the bank or the MO's being the issue?
Old Dec 14, 15, 2:07 pm

Programs: United 1K. AA LTGD
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
Thanks for the data point. Anyone try it with a personal check and then pay the CL down after personal check clears?

Is it solely the paying from an account within the bank or the MO's being the issue?
From my experience, checks are fine. MO can be dangerous.
Old Dec 14, 15, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by clockhand View Post
From my experience, checks are fine. MO can be dangerous.
Thanks. I was getting a bit nervous about only flipping the CL once a week. Seems all i need to do is keep a checkbook on me and add a stop at another bank to deposit the MO's.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: