Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:34 pm

Bittersweet day. Finished 6 months today, total 351k. Not too shabby considering I work quite a bit.

Guess I'll take a month off, cancel the card and reapply to the other one (though I honestly have no idea which one I have, ha).
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
remember if you poop where you eat you may end up with ecoli
You really should come up with something else to say.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by bjones2571
You really should come up with something else to say.
nah, I like it and will continue to use it. I appreciate your constructive criticism, however I choose to ignore it
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by cb11
Bittersweet day. Finished 6 months today, total 351k. Not too shabby considering I work quite a bit.

Guess I'll take a month off, cancel the card and reapply to the other one (though I honestly have no idea which one I have, ha).
good luck with that
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:00 pm

Data Points:

Closed Rewards Platinum on 10/27/15 after 6 months of 4-5x credit limit spending.

Applied for Rewards Visa Signature on 12/8/15 and was instantly approved (which never happens for me anymore). The new card showed up in my Wells Fargo online account and on my rewards account. It shows 188 days of 5x to go.

GAME ON

I also had the Cash Back version about a year ago.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: All of them
deleted

Last edited by littlewinglet; Dec 12, 2015 at 7:56 am
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88
USPS MO.

Asking more in terms of shutdowns for quantity/amount of deposits.
If you'd like to significantly increase your odds of having your WF CC shut down and being blacklisted by Wells Fargo, then yes, you should deposit MOs into a WF bank account. You'll have a much better chance of getting shut down and blacklisted.

But if you'd like significantly decrease your odds of getting shut down or blacklisted by a specific bank with which you're MSing heavily, break the chain. Open multiple bank accounts into which to deposit MOs, then pay off the CC issuer from those accounts. That is MSing 101.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:17 pm

If you have WF Propel, you are not eligible to receive bonus on 5X card, is this correct? which means one WF card at a time.

I purchased OVGC card at WG and it wouldn't work at WM to load it to serve. I didn't try WM MO route. Are you buying different VGC other than vanillas at drugstores? if yes, which ones?

Last edited by nfpa70e; Dec 13, 2015 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by nfpa70e
I purchased OVGC card at WG and it wouldn't work at WM to load it to serve. I didn't try WM MO route. Are you buying different VGC other than vanillas at drugstores? if yes, which ones?
it'll work, $49.99 at a time
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
it'll work, $49.99 at a time
Is the cap of 49.99 for serve/cashier loads only? what about MO? does the regular cap like 2K per day apply to MO? At that rate, it's going to be painful to liquidate.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:31 pm

Is the cap of 49.99 for serve/cashier loads only? what about MO? does the regular cap like 2K per day apply to MO? At that rate, it's going to be painful to liquidate.
49.99 at a time for MO as well. Have fun. Or find a different place to liquidate. And maybe read a little bit too.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:30 pm

I tried loading serve less than $49.99 the other day with vanilla and it failed. Why didn't it work?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:42 am

If you have WF arrival, you are not eligible to receive bonus on 5X card, is this correct? which means one WF card at a time.

No one can tell you because you are likely the only person to have a WF Arrival card, as Barclays issues the Arrival
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
If you'd like to significantly increase your odds of having your WF CC shut down and being blacklisted by Wells Fargo, then yes, you should deposit MOs into a WF bank account. You'll have a much better chance of getting shut down and blacklisted.

But if you'd like significantly decrease your odds of getting shut down or blacklisted by a specific bank with which you're MSing heavily, break the chain. Open multiple bank accounts into which to deposit MOs, then pay off the CC issuer from those accounts. That is MSing 101.
What about just paying the card directly with MO?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by nivekious
What about just paying the card directly with MO?
If you'd like to significantly increase your odds of having your WF CC shut down and being blacklisted by Wells Fargo, then yes, you should just pay the card directly with MO. You'll have a much better chance of getting shut down and blacklisted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.