Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 16, 6:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html


How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 9, 15, 3:51 pm
  #751  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 827
If anyone has experience with a merchant's processor blocking a card before it gets to visa, please let me know.

I keep having problems with this card at a certain grocery store, where the screen will say "Not Authorized", but WF has never even received a transaction attempt. At first this only happened on second visits to the chain in one CC settlement period, now it has started happening on the first purchase of the day. The merchant POS is fine letting the transaction complete with other cards.

I'm considering reporting the card lost, and asking for a rush replacement with a new number to see if the grocery's processor put a block on my card. (anyone ever heard of such a thing happening?)
CWAL is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 4:25 pm
  #752  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OAX
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by CWAL View Post
If anyone has experience with a merchant's processor blocking a card before it gets to visa, please let me know.

I keep having problems with this card at a certain grocery store, where the screen will say "Not Authorized", but WF has never even received a transaction attempt. At first this only happened on second visits to the chain in one CC settlement period, now it has started happening on the first purchase of the day. The merchant POS is fine letting the transaction complete with other cards.

I'm considering reporting the card lost, and asking for a rush replacement with a new number to see if the grocery's processor put a block on my card. (anyone ever heard of such a thing happening?)
I had something similar happen. I just visited other stores in the same chain for a couple weeks and then my card magically started working again at that particular store. Your situation may be a little different though because WF said they could see the attempt but that it was blocked at the store level, not by WF. I'd definitely pay for expedited shipping for the replacement if you go that route.
SammySpade is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 4:58 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 827
Originally Posted by SammySpade View Post
I had something similar happen. I just visited other stores in the same chain for a couple weeks and then my card magically started working again at that particular store. Your situation may be a little different though because WF said they could see the attempt but that it was blocked at the store level, not by WF. I'd definitely pay for expedited shipping for the replacement if you go that route.
No, WF could NOT see the attempt.

When this was happening before on a second transaction, it was a different store of the same chain. WF could NOT see the transaction then either. I thought I had it figured out, and then first transaction of the day starts getting declined. I'm going to be trying the other store as first transaction of the day tomorrow at a lower dollar amount and see how that goes down... Today I just ended up making a pathetic profit with my 2% cards... :/
CWAL is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 7:34 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OAX
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by CWAL View Post
No, WF could NOT see the attempt.
I understood, I didn't word my post clearly enough. I meant that in my case, I was getting the not authorized message and thought WF blocked it, but when I called them, they said they could see it but that the grocery store had blocked it. So your situation is a bit different.
SammySpade is offline  
Old Dec 9, 15, 10:58 pm
  #755  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,206
Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
My sister has never opened an account with WF before, and she has successfully applied the cash back credit yesterday with my insistence. Although the message of WF indicates that you must have a relationship, you can still click to apply online without problem. Although her score is sub 700, she was approved for 3k CL.

So ignore WF's message about visiting a branch, just click "Continue" on the application page.
UGH $3K CL...good luck with that.
ericdabbs is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 8:46 am
  #756  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 160
Can anyone explain why the rewards statement is so confusing to read (unless I am reading it wrong). Why can't they just list the charges and say 5x or 1x. I do not like how they have separate lines for transactions and then the 5x.
MarcoPolo88 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 10:37 am
  #757  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
I do not like how they have separate lines for transactions and then the 5x.
I guess it's first-world-problem complaint day
ronnyk is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:14 am
  #758  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by ronnyk View Post
I guess it's first-world-problem complaint day


Just trying to make sure my stores are getting credited as 5x.
MarcoPolo88 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 12:58 pm
  #759  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post


Just trying to make sure my stores are getting credited as 5x.
They're all there-- just broken up because there is the base CB + the temporary bonus. Makes sense to me, and because they give you the specifics of where the purchase was made, it is easy to pair them up. I've never had one appear without the other for a bonus-eligible purchase. If you are really concerned, you can select and copy the table from your browser and paste it into excel and perform a sort and/or summation to verify.
ronnyk is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 1:49 pm
  #760  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by ronnyk View Post
They're all there-- just broken up because there is the base CB + the temporary bonus. Makes sense to me, and because they give you the specifics of where the purchase was made, it is easy to pair them up. I've never had one appear without the other for a bonus-eligible purchase. If you are really concerned, you can select and copy the table from your browser and paste it into excel and perform a sort and/or summation to verify.
Thanks for the idea. It gets a little difficult to know which points are for what when you have so many similar charges.
MarcoPolo88 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 2:23 pm
  #761  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 160
Anyone have issues with depositing MO into WF?
MarcoPolo88 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 2:39 pm
  #762  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,831
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
Anyone have issues with depositing MO into WF?
WM (MoneyGram) MOs?
lumangoy is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 3:22 pm
  #763  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by lumangoy View Post
WM (MoneyGram) MOs?
USPS MO.

Asking more in terms of shutdowns for quantity/amount of deposits.
MarcoPolo88 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 8:16 pm
  #764  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
Thanks for the idea. It gets a little difficult to know which points are for what when you have so many similar charges.
It was always easy and straightforward for me...multiply total monthly charges by 5 and bam I had my total expected.
travelfreaks is offline  
Old Dec 10, 15, 8:17 pm
  #765  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88 View Post
Anyone have issues with depositing MO into WF?
remember if you poop where you eat you may end up with ecoli
travelfreaks is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: