Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:53 am

friend of mine said his charges were declined on this card this morning. Anyone else have another data point?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:54 am

Does it make sense charges aren't going through? Wife's card just got declined.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88

Personally I have a 13k CL and don't think I will have any issues putting 125k+ a month on it.
I have a 10k CL and thought I was doing pretty well with spending 50-60k monthly. I guess I'm just an amateur or a part-timer.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I have a 10k CL and thought I was doing pretty well with spending 50-60k monthly. I guess I'm just an amateur or a part-timer.
For me it is all about getting a good routine (and sacrificing lunch time to go cash out).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:11 am

my friend just texted that her card got shutdown immediately after it was declined at the grocery store it was like the amex shutdown last year where she was also one of the first wave of casualties. she is on her 3rd month of cycling 4x her CL of $25K. She uses this card for 98%MS.

I told her I'll monitor developments to see what others are reporting.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
my friend just texted that her card got shutdown immediately after it was declined at the grocery store it was like the amex shutdown last year where she was also one of the first wave of casualties. she is on her 3rd month of cycling 4x her CL of $25K. She uses this card for 98%MS.

I told her I'll monitor developments to see what others are reporting.
Email?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:19 am

The website is going back. Seems normal. But I do not dare to use the card now because of the closed case

What the hell?

Note: Some of your accounts are unavailable at this time.
Error Your account information is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

What is really going on wellsfargo?

Last edited by ericliujian; Dec 4, 2015 at 9:02 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Does it make sense charges aren't going through? Wife's card just got declined.
Originally Posted by AlabamaTraveler
friend of mine said his charges were declined on this card this morning. Anyone else have another data point?
Originally Posted by ericliujian
The website is going back. Seems normal. But I do not dare to use the card now because of the closed case
Im also having problems this morning paying down the balance...it says You currently have no eligible To account(s) for the From account you selected.

Interesting ..could this be a house cleaning session for them??
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
Same here. I thought I was molesting this card until I saw others doing 125k!

I need a few more CUs!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Same here. I thought I was molesting this card until I saw others doing 125k!

I need a few more CUs!
those guys are getting lucky ......I personally wouldn't do that..im happy flushing 3K/day monthly.....
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:05 am

My account was unavailable until about 30 minutes ago. I was able to log in and make a payment about 10 minutes back and the account is still visible. Hopefully it stays that way.

Looks like USBank is down too. Can't make a payment on the club carlson card.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:08 am

Instead of rocking the boat asking for a CLI, why don't you flip the CL a few more times?
The first few weeks on the card were ramping up, I thought 20k was a sufficient CL, since my free time and arbitrary cashier policies were my limiting constraints.

These past two weeks however the CL is by far the bottleneck. Now that I've found my groove, I find myself spending most of my CL in a few hours, then twiddling my thumbs for the next day or two waiting for charges to post.

Appreciate the advice from everyone, doesn't sound like anyone has taken the risk of a second CLI, I'll just lay low for now, keep cycling frequently, and go bigger on my next card.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Seems like another incident of their website / technology being down. Happened before maybe about a month ago? 1.5 month ago? I'll give it a few hours.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
When banking systems get funky I find it best to not charge on those cards affiliated with those banks. We won't be using WF or USBank today unless all clears up. They may have experienced a hit.

The system has been on and off today. Sometimes you can login and pay a bill and other times not. I'll stay away from it until it stabilizes for at least a day.

Last edited by Churnman; Dec 4, 2015 at 9:55 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:51 am

Both my buddies transactions and my transactions went through now without an issue. Also note this issue was noted on other cards not just the one we like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.