Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Father-of-3
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
My goodness..I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and my payments still haven't posted. I made payments on the 20th and 23rd of March, but they haven't even added the payments to me account...
Originally Posted by heydude
I am in the same freaking boat... paid on 19th, the 2G credit still pending. ...? I gave up and deposited a check to my saving account.
Open Wells Fargo checking account if u can.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Open Wells Fargo checking account if u can.
Yeah, I have both C and S with WF. Just mobile deposited $2500 to my WF saving account today. Will transfer 2500 to my CC tomorrow.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
I am in the same freaking boat... paid on 19th, the 2G credit still pending. ...? I gave up and deposited a check to my saving account.
Try this:

I wanted to report back that faxing in copies of your bank statements with cleared payments displayed was successful in removing payment floats holding up the credit line for up to 30 days. Fax #: 877-302-9256
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:13 pm

what's the threshold so payments from BB or RC don't get placed on hold? 1k? 1.5k?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
what's the threshold so payments from BB or RC don't get placed on hold? 1k? 1.5k?
You'll probably get multiple responses with different amounts because it does seem to vary by account. Personally, my last payment from RB to my WF card was for over $4k. Took the standard two days to post and the credit line was available the next day. This doesn't seem to be the case with a lot of people though.

Not sure if it's a factor, but I've been a WF customer for about 15 years back from before they acquired Wachovia. I don't know if maybe it's newer customers that get the hold or not.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MG49
You'll probably get multiple responses with different amounts because it does seem to vary by account. Personally, my last payment from RB to my WF card was for over $4k. Took the standard two days to post and the credit line was available the next day. This doesn't seem to be the case with a lot of people though.

Not sure if it's a factor, but I've been a WF customer for about 15 years back from before they acquired Wachovia. I don't know if maybe it's newer customers that get the hold or not.
was it the first time you bill paid from RB to WF CC account? I was thinking maybe the 15-day hold is for the first time bill pay only.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:03 pm

was it the first time you bill paid from RB to WF CC account? I was thinking maybe the 15-day hold is for the first time bill pay only.
I've done a bunch of payments and I still have a hold. I've lost track how many days it is.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:00 pm

I am in my second month of the card and have been doing almost entirely GGD purchases of about $4500 per week. I got a "not authorized" tonight for the first time and shortly afterward, received an automated call from the Fraud Prevention department that walked me through my last five purchases and asked me to verify that they were mine. Is this all there is to it, and should I consider my card good to go until the next call?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by ronnyk
I am in my second month of the card and have been doing almost entirely GGD purchases of about $4500 per week. I got a "not authorized" tonight for the first time and shortly afterward, received an automated call from the Fraud Prevention department that walked me through my last five purchases and asked me to verify that they were mine. Is this all there is to it, and should I consider my card good to go until the next call?
If you want to make serious MS profits from the WF card, you will have to deal with the fraud automated calls. It is all computer generated. I guess you can consider it one of the nuisances of making serious money. Just verify the charges rinse and repeat, the money you make in the end from hitting it hard is worth the stupid automated calls. They wouldn't close account, at least they haven't mine.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Try this:
Tough call. I see more cons than pros to drawing human eyes and processing for multiple, sustained # of payments
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Tough call. I see more cons than pros to drawing human eyes and processing for multiple, sustained # of payments
I had 28 day holds on several payments. I wasn't about to give up a month of MS. Worked fine.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I had 28 day holds on several payments. I wasn't about to give up a month of MS. Worked fine.
28 days ouch. Most I've had is about 7 business days.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:51 pm

finally the payment cleared after 15 exact days, I will use WF checking account for now... Can't afford letting the money sitting there for that long without making profit.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:13 pm

For me, it was the first time paying from an external account. No hold, delivered in the normal RB 2-day timeframe, posted that day and credit line was back available next day. Again, it could be the long time relationship with WF. I've also never had a fraud alert from them either.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:32 pm

Does anybody think that it matters buying 1.5k vs 2k in one day in terms of getting shut down by WF?

Also, anybody have evidence that varying size of purchase makes a difference? I know many have speculated but I can't find any evidence.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.