Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Wells Fargo Platinum 5X Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2014-2015)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 16, 6:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Father-of-3
Wiki Link
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on bestiality activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 4, 15, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11 View Post
My account is not blocked, yesterday the notation 'not available' was in red, today account looks normal on the web. However, when u called what was the conversation? how did u explain the purchases? (u can PM)
For whatever reason, it did not show red on the web, but the account was still blocked (or a hold for large purchases, my guess). The CSR did not ask me anything other than verifying the purchases. Good luck!
Old Mar 6, 15, 12:30 pm

Right, cost me the first month....its sneaky, is called 'statement credit' which should be towards the payment but treated as 'un-purchase' or a returned item. Now it goes to my checking account. This is why the nick name 'Bankster'
Must be new because I did statement credit a year ago and I didn't lose any rewards in the process.
Old Mar 7, 15, 2:38 pm

Haven't tried yet, but a blogger recently posted about ATMs having the ability to give cash back from your rewards accounts in $20 increments.
Old Mar 7, 15, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by fishll View Post
Haven't tried yet, but a blogger recently posted about ATMs having the ability to give cash back from your rewards accounts in $20 increments.
Interesting-- I saw a similar blog post.

I am new to this card, and am expecting it to arrive for my first use in the next few days. When do the rewards post and accrue on this card? I was using the TD cashback card for the past 3 months and liked how the rewards would post at the same time as the corresponding purchase and were instantly available for redemption.
Old Mar 8, 15, 5:51 pm

Rewards post along with the corresponding statement. Not as immediate as other cards but makes the payout seem larger.
Old Mar 8, 15, 6:23 pm

anyone doing $50k+ (MS) monthly on this card?
Old Mar 11, 15, 1:34 pm

anyone doing $50k+ (MS) monthly on this card?
I have one card that I am the primary and several other that I am the secondary. Hoping to MS around a 1MM this year. Some cards I MS +50K a month. So far WF has always paid out.
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by donman030 View Post
I have one card that I am the primary and several other that I am the secondary. Hoping to MS around a 1MM this year. Some cards I MS +50K a month. So far WF has always paid out.
Although in the bank they told me this was not a problem. One can not be a secondary user on a card if they currently have a WF card. They wont give the primary the bonus points.
Old Mar 13, 15, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by donman030 View Post
Although in the bank they told me this was not a problem. One can not be a secondary user on a card if they currently have a WF card. They wont give the primary the bonus points.
wrong
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:14 am

A question to someone with accounting expertise...

Credit line: 10,000.00
Outstanding balance:7833.38
Available credit: 166.00
Temporary Authorizations: 0.00

What is missing to balance the account?
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:37 am

Programs: All of them

Temp authorizations shouldn't be zero then, unless there's a glitch. Click the little [+] icon next to "Temporary Authorizations" and it should show those transactions.
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet View Post
Temp authorizations shouldn't be zero then, unless there's a glitch. Click the little [+] icon next to "Temporary Authorizations" and it should show those transactions.
Yes, I clicked [+] and is '0', the reason I am asking.......

I have experienced sometimes the transaction disappears and shows back in Temp autho, but now stable at '0' for last 3 days.
Old Mar 13, 15, 9:56 am

It could be a payment hold - did you have a ~$2k payment in the last week or so? They have started sporadically holding payments (not freeing up the available credit) on even the signature cards.
Old Mar 13, 15, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT View Post
It could be a payment hold - did you have a ~$2k payment in the last week or so? They have started sporadically holding payments (not freeing up the available credit) on even the signature cards.
I 'think' u are right.....

I had a payment from BB for 1999.00, shows 'posted', no hold......however the numbers do not add up.........but close, lack of transparency!
Old Mar 13, 15, 2:28 pm

Pending transactions that hasn't posted to your account

Search this Thread
Search Engine: