FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chase may be coding Amex Serve as a Cash Advance (not confirmed) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1617380-chase-may-coding-amex-serve-cash-advance-not-confirmed.html)

jk2 Oct 2, 2014 11:49 am

I used United Explorer card yesterday and today - only today's charge is taken from CA balance. Let's see how it posts.

mikex163 Oct 2, 2014 11:50 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky (Post 23616215)
anyone experiencing this on a bank other than chase? Is it also possible that its acting like the buxx card which initially shows as CA on some cards but posts as purchase?

Actually I did!
When using my 2 TD Buxx (still have some dollars in there ;) ) to load both a Serve and a Bluebird I got the message vinctong got when using his CC:

"You have the following errors.
We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Let's see how this unfolds....

angiez628 Oct 2, 2014 11:53 am

I tried a Comenity Bank card at $100 load and got the "We're sorry, your card..." error. I do not have CA set at $0.

Dad to GO Oct 2, 2014 11:56 am

and now my CA limit on my Chase card has decreased by this mornings load amount...

JayTheBillionaire Oct 2, 2014 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO (Post 23616255)
and now my CA limit on my Chase card has decreased by this mornings load amount...

CSP?

hamokmonky Oct 2, 2014 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mikex163 (Post 23616224)
Actually I did!
When using my 2 TD Buxx (still have some dollars in there ;) ) to load both a Serve and a Bluebird I got the message vinctong got when using his CC:

"You have the following errors.
We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Let's see how this unfolds....

Good data, was more looking for Citi/barclays/usbank, but at least we know its not a chase thing.... Will see how this plays out...

Bean Oct 2, 2014 12:11 pm

Can you set the cash advance limit to zero online, or do you have to call in?

Dad to GO Oct 2, 2014 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by JayTheBillionaire (Post 23616268)
CSP?

No my BA card... only need another 3K for companion so switched it over. Oh well..

lad2 Oct 2, 2014 12:19 pm

No change in CA under my CSP card. First load of the month this morning.

FTR 787 Oct 2, 2014 12:22 pm

could be a change on AMEXs side, but I hope not... Citi card has been working great up until last month.

if this is indeed on Chase's end well that would go with the rest of their non-MS friendly changes recently. perhaps they are noticing what these loads are actually and actively blocking em.

JayTheBillionaire Oct 2, 2014 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87 (Post 23616370)
could be a change on AMEXs side, but I hope not... Citi card has been working great up until last month.

if this is indeed on Chase's end well that would go with the rest of their non-MS friendly changes recently. perhaps they are noticing what these loads are actually and actively blocking em.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Might be on the Amex side. Someone already reported Cap1 is also possibly showing as CA.

jk2 Oct 2, 2014 12:34 pm

Citi Prestige looks OK - CA shows $0 after 2x$200 loads.

angiez628 Oct 2, 2014 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky (Post 23616284)
Good data, was more looking for Citi/barclays/usbank, but at least we know its not a chase thing.... Will see how this plays out...

I just did a $100 load on a new Barclaycard. This is a newer card for me and it appears that you cannot tell via their web interface what your cash advance limit/usage is. If someone knows where that information shows up I will check. Otherwise I guess I am playing it out also.

carlitos Oct 2, 2014 12:50 pm

Citi AA OK too, I have my CA set to $0. Second load of the month and went through without problem.

hitman1420 Oct 2, 2014 12:51 pm

Barclays Arrival still counting as purchase for time being.