Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dsauch
If you lost hope and want to reach out to Softcard:

If you'd like to speak with us directly just call us at 1-855-273-9150
Print Wikipost

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:52 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by duncanidaho2001
Yep, I have the same exact issue as you. I was only able to add the first card. Did you end up getting it resolved?
Nope I did not get it resolved. I don't really want to call Amex since the card is in my wife's name and not mine. I figure I should just be happy I got the one card added.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:26 pm

I've tried calling Chase to remove a card from my wallet and the rep promised they couldn't remove the card and that I needed to contact AT&T/Softcard.

Any advice on how to get a Chase card removed?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:36 pm

In case anyone else is wondering, the number to get a Chase card removed is 888-364 -7250
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I've tried calling Chase to remove a card from my wallet and the rep promised they couldn't remove the card and that I needed to contact AT&T/Softcard.

Any advice on how to get a Chase card removed?
I just did mine. call 1-888-364-7250 and tell the representative that you wanted to remove cards from mobile wallet. They will ask for your mobile wallet's phone number and last 4 digit of the credit card number and that's it.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I am late to the game and finally register another Tmobile number to use daypass. Sorry if this is answered, but do you need to enroll in the offer? Also, can one add all cards at once and use them one by one to get the offer for each or is one supposed to add one, use the card and then repeat?

TIA!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by cloudybw
I am late to the game and finally register another Tmobile number to use daypass. Sorry if this is answered, but do you need to enroll in the offer? Also, can one add all cards at once and use them one by one to get the offer for each or is one supposed to add one, use the card and then repeat?

TIA!
You know this ends today right? No registration, just add your cards and use them once.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
You know this ends today right? No registration, just add your cards and use them once.
Thanks, I am aware of that the deadline is today.

I managed to link all my Chase and Amex eligible cards as a primary member. However, I failed to link my Amex authorized users' cards (NOT under my name) to my Amex online account (and thus to Softcard app) even after delinked them from their original Amex online accounts.

Is it required to add cards under my name? Does it work for cards that I am an authorized user?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:36 pm

Have had bad luck trying to take advantage of this today. It seems my old ISIS accounts must be deactivated because I can't log in to either. Or maybe that's part of my other problem that I can't even set up new accounts through my phone. Then I realized the cases I have are from Verizon, and I'm on Tmobile now. I needed cases for my iPhones when I first set up ISIS. So I thought, "that's why it's not working, I need a new SIM card from Tmobile to put into the case." Went to Tmobile and they don't have SIM cards for this case. Came home and looked it up and found out Tmobile never supported ISIS for iPhone. Ugh!

So it's the 11th hour and I really want to get some of these $20 Amazon cards. Can someone tell me if it's possible to setup multiple SoftCard accounts on one phone? (my friend can bring over a Galaxy 5) My idea is to set up an account for me on his phone, add all my cards, go make some $1 purchases, then setup my girlfriends account on this phone, add her cards, and go make some purchases. Anything wrong with this plan?

I have nothing else better to do today.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:50 pm

I'm having a hard time adding my 2 Chase CC (Fredom and CSP).

I couldn't do it on the Softcard app myself, so I called Chase (number provided by the app was 1-888-364-7250). The rep. added my 2 Chase cards, and said it would take 15 minutes for them to show properly. I logged out and back in of my SC app, and the cards appeared, but they didn't show READY TO PAY. Instead, the Freedom said PLEASE ACTIVATE CARD while the CSP said LOADING. After a while, the CSP dissappeared from the app!

I decided to call Softcard directly. They were not able to do anything at all. They redirected me back to Chase. Funny thing is that the Chase employee who picked up was an IT for Chase employees. Those softcard reps are just lost IMHO.

So I called back Chase to the number above, and the rep. was helpful, and gave me a better impression that he knew what he was doing. He told me to turn off the phone, and wait 15 minutes. This is where I'm at now. Hopefully this is it.

Did you guys have any recommendations just in case this doesn't work? Adding my AMEX CC was painless and easy. With Chase, totally 180 experience.

Thanks for any inputs,
andres17
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by andres17
I'm having a hard time adding my 2 Chase CC (Fredom and CSP).

Did you guys have any recommendations just in case this doesn't work? Adding my AMEX CC was painless and easy. With Chase, totally 180 experience.

Thanks for any inputs,
andres17
My only suggestion is to make sure you are you trying to add your cards using data, not WiFi.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bryant Leeds
My only suggestion is to make sure you are you trying to add your cards using data, not WiFi.
I'm using my 3G connection, WiFi off on my phone.

UPDATE: My CSP disappeared again, while my Chase Freedom says PLEASE ACTIVATE CARD. I noticed that I got an email regarding the activation process:

"We wanted you to know that you were successful in adding your Chase credit card ending in XXXX to your Isis Mobile Wallet. Your next step is to activate your card.

You can do this by following the activation steps on your smartphone in the Isis Mobile Wallet app.

Thank you for choosing Chase."

If you get the PLEASE ACTIVATE CARD message you are almost there. It wasn't clear to me on how to active the card, so here it is:

1- Open the Softcard app, click on the card icon of the card that needs activation from Chase, and click on ACTIVATE NOW.

2- This will open a browser instance where you request an Activation Code (by email or by a call to your phone), and then you put that code to Activate the card. After you do this, you should wait about 10 minutes and the card should be Ready to Use.

The process is different and longer than with Amex. And the weird thing is that when I called Chase about that message (Please Activate Card), they were not able to tell me that this is what I had to do!

So I'm still missing my CSP card that keeps on disappearing from the app after the Chase CSR adds it.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Is it possible to get your SoftCard activated with a secure element SIM, start using it, transfer your number back to an iPhone, and keep on using the SoftCard? I I've had enough of Android
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:48 pm

It's $30 per card now but you have to tap five times per $10 gift card

https://www.gosoftcard.com/offers/tap5get10.html?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:08 am

I posted this before, but has anyone else been unable to use Softcard after upgrading to iOS 8.1? I've called about this and they seemed to be unaware of the problem. I also noticed that the Softcard site no longer says it's on the iPhone and only links to the Google Play store. Wondering if they're discontinuing iPhone support.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by dboston1
I posted this before, but has anyone else been unable to use Softcard after upgrading to iOS 8.1? I've called about this and they seemed to be unaware of the problem. I also noticed that the Softcard site no longer says it's on the iPhone and only links to the Google Play store. Wondering if they're discontinuing iPhone support.
iPhone support via Cashwrap has been discontinued. All cases pulled from ATT/Verizon. ISIS App worked fine for me in 8.1 after an OTA update, but I deleted and reinstalled the app, and it wouldn't let me update. It said OS not supported. I called SoftCard directly, and they said that they were not allowing new installs in 8.1. But after questioning that decision, they said they'd look into a workaround. But they called me back two days later, said to try again, and it worked. Working fine now (iPhone 5).

Are you calling SoftCard or your cell provider? SoftCard direct line: (855) 273-9150

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.