Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dsauch
If you lost hope and want to reach out to Softcard:

If you'd like to speak with us directly just call us at 1-855-273-9150
Print Wikipost

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:49 am

so I signed up for AT&T prepaid service and got the Enhanced Sim and downloaded Softcard. Now i keep getting an error when I try to create an account saying "Thanks for your interest in Softcard. We're sorry but your wireless provider hasnt authorized you to sign up for the app under your current service plan and/or phone setup. We're unable to create an Account for you at this time." From what I have heard from AT&T CS, it is likely because I am on pre-paid. I would switch to post paid but I would lose the $60 I just used to activate the pre-paid plan 2 days ago. Technically if I get 3 Amazon GCs, I would break even. Any suggestions? Can someone already setup with Softcard create an account with my e-mail and I log-in?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nucstorm
For people who got the GCs, was this the first time you added the card(s) into SoftCard? Or did you delete the card first and then re-add?
First add.

Btw, I tried to add a Southwest RR (Chase) card and it didn't fly. I searched and didn't see it in the thread. Has anyone been able to add that card?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:04 pm

Was able to add Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card. ISIS asked me to activate card. Chase sent me activation code, but ISIS wouldn't process activation.

Chase mobile wallet FAQ indicates that United MileagePlus card can be added. Called Chase. CSR initially told me that information was incorrect, but later checked with supervisor who confirmed it is accurate. CSR said United MileagePlus can be added, but MileagePlus Explorer cannot be added. Now unable to remove United MileagePlus Explorer card from ISIS, even though it can't be activated.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by kharlamov
Was able to add Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card. ISIS asked me to activate card. Chase sent me activation code, but ISIS wouldn't process activation.

Chase mobile wallet FAQ indicates that United MileagePlus card can be added. Called Chase. CSR initially told me that information was incorrect, but later checked with supervisor who confirmed it is accurate. CSR said United MileagePlus can be added, but MileagePlus Explorer cannot be added. Now unable to remove United MileagePlus Explorer card from ISIS, even though it can't be activated.
I just added my Explorer, activated it, and it gets to "Ready to Pay". IME no CSR understands Softcard.
Thanks for the heads up. I swear it was only CSP/Freedom/Palladium earlier this month.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:25 pm

So I split a payment across 4 Softcard swipes about 3 weeks ago.

I got $40 a week ago, but have yet to see the other $40.

Is anybody else in the same boat?

$4.00 on 1 card, $0.10 on 2 cards, $0.24 on 1 card.

I guess purchases possibly have to be over 20 cents?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:45 pm

I tried using Softcard at CVS today to take advantage of the promotion, and get the error 'Tender not allowed' It looks like CVS is not longer accepting Softcard
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by jltmiles
I tried using Softcard at CVS today to take advantage of the promotion, and get the error 'Tender not allowed' It looks like CVS is not longer accepting Softcard

I just posted this yesterday on the Serve thread, but I should iterate on this one as well.

I had issues with the NFC acceptance at CVS yesterday (using ISIS/Softcard to get a dollar back per each dollar used). I tried Serve, and a few other CC's that I have added (for the amazon gc promo) and all were denied. I am able to use my creditcard with a swipe, but not with the NFC purchase.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/25/7...-out-apple-pay

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/te...er=rss&emc=rss

Read an article on that^ and that seems to the be main thing.

On the Serve thread, Walgreens appears to be okay still, so I might try that soon.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:13 pm

Thanks! I just saw that info. I was able to use Softcard at Walgreens. I asked for a split payment but the cashier didn't know how to do it.

Originally Posted by buggy51
I just posted this yesterday on the Serve thread, but I should iterate on this one as well.

I had issues with the NFC acceptance at CVS yesterday (using ISIS/Softcard to get a dollar back per each dollar used). I tried Serve, and a few other CC's that I have added (for the amazon gc promo) and all were denied. I am able to use my creditcard with a swipe, but not with the NFC purchase.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/25/7...-out-apple-pay

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/te...er=rss&emc=rss

Read an article on that^ and that seems to the be main thing.

On the Serve thread, Walgreens appears to be okay still, so I might try that soon.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420
So I split a payment across 4 Softcard swipes about 3 weeks ago.

I got $40 a week ago, but have yet to see the other $40.

Is anybody else in the same boat?

$4.00 on 1 card, $0.10 on 2 cards, $0.24 on 1 card.

I guess purchases possibly have to be over 20 cents?
Same boat. Did 6 identical 1 dollar purchases (vending machine). Got a single 60 dollar gift card almost a week ago. Need to call someone at Softcard to track down the other 3.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by zbrodgers
Same boat. Did 6 identical 1 dollar purchases (vending machine). Got a single 60 dollar gift card almost a week ago. Need to call someone at Softcard to track down the other 3.
The 31st is coming up soon. I guess that call needs to be made soon so we know whether to make a purchase or wait.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
I just added my Explorer, activated it, and it gets to "Ready to Pay". IME no CSR understands Softcard.
Thanks for the heads up. I swear it was only CSP/Freedom/Palladium earlier this month.
I was also able to successfully add the Explorer card and am getting "Ready to Pay", though haven't tried paying with it yet.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 am

Does it work for primary cardholder only or also authorized user card?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by svasandani
Does it work for primary cardholder only or also authorized user card?
Only Primary Cardholder. It won't let you add an authorized user.

Also I was able to add my Explorer card and activate it fine yesterday and used it today to make a purchase
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower
Only Primary Cardholder. It won't let you add an authorized user.

Also I was able to add my Explorer card and activate it fine yesterday and used it today to make a purchase
That's not quite accurate. You can add AmEx authorized user cards to your Softcard account without a problem. I did this and got the bonus for it.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dboston1
That's not quite accurate. You can add AmEx authorized user cards to your Softcard account without a problem. I did this and got the bonus for it.
How did you do that? With Amex you login to your account and select your card. Even though I have an authorized user it only showed me 1 card to add

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.