Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dsauch
If you lost hope and want to reach out to Softcard:

If you'd like to speak with us directly just call us at 1-855-273-9150
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by WhosYourFarmer
I switched to the iphone 6. I still have my old phone with isis/softcard.

Does anyone know if I can use a phone, unconnected to the cellular network to pay with softcard? What if the phone is connected via wifi but not the cellular network?

The app doesn't appear to work in IOS 8. If you find a workaround, please let us know.

Edit: Works in IOS 8 on older phones but not on iPhone 6 (where it says "Unsupported OS").

Last edited by voodoomonkey; Oct 5, 2014 at 10:17 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:13 pm

Does anyone know why the terminals don't work half the time? No one at the store I go to knows what to do when the reader goes down.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by voodoomonkey
The app doesn't appear to work in IOS 8. If you find a workaround, please let us know.
App works fine with me in iOS8 on iPhone 5S.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by voodoomonkey
I'm not trying to use a phone with ios8. I want to use an old iPhone 4s with ios7 with the incipio case but without cellular service. Perhaps connected to wifi, perhaps not. Will that work either way?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by exarkun
Anyone else have this issue? Every time I try to use softcard to pay at CVS it works, however at McDonald's their readers fail to read it 90% of the time and I eventually give up. I've tried it at multiple locations.

Does the McDonald's cashier need to press something? Anyone else have this issue at McDonald's?
I always look for the yellow light on the terminal where you tap. If it is on then it will work without cashier push anything. If off, sometimes cashier will transfer the transaction to one that has yellow light on.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Clar
I always look for the yellow light on the terminal where you tap. If it is on then it will work without cashier push anything. If off, sometimes cashier will transfer the transaction to one that has yellow light on.
Try RA. IME they have the most consistent working terminals.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:58 am

Why is Apple Pay getting so much more attention in the news etc? I see a headline on every major newspaper every day touting Apple pay. It seems Softcard is taking a more laid back approach in marketing; is it that much more popular because its "Apple"? Obviously Softcard was first to the scene.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bar19900
Why is Apple Pay getting so much more attention in the news etc? I see a headline on every major newspaper every day touting Apple pay. It seems Softcard is taking a more laid back approach in marketing; is it that much more popular because its "Apple"? Obviously Softcard was first to the scene.
Actually Google Wallet was a lot before both, but Apple takes headlines because they have hundreds of millions of smartphone users so when they do something like this all of a sudden lots of people have access and are likely to begin using mobile wallet payments. Also they have partnerships with many banks which helps with businesses adopting NFC. Doesn't really matter because ApplePay/GoogleWallet/Softcard all use NFC, so if a business gets one of the paypass readers for "ApplePay" it really will work for everyone with an NFC smartphone so it's a win-win for everyone.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:58 am

Has anyone tried cutting the cash wrap case for iPhone 5/5s to fit the 6?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by aceofcards
I've seen posts about people cutting it and it still working, but I think that was to use a 5/5s with the wrap from a 4/4s (using a lightning converter). you might also try a lightning cable extender (easy to find), rather than cutting it, if you're worried about it being FUBARed.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
I'm unable to link Freedom cards to my account - worked fine for Amex. Do I have to hassle chase or Softcard about this? It keeps coming back with "card ineligible" even though I've never added it before and it's my account.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ycrimi
I'm unable to link Freedom cards to my account - worked fine for Amex. Do I have to hassle chase or Softcard about this? It keeps coming back with "card ineligible" even though I've never added it before and it's my account.
I called Chase about the same issue with DH's card. CSR asked if I was adding card using wifi, whether the card added is AU. NO to both; she checked with technical support and the problem is on their end. I was told to just add it again and see if the problem is fixed in 72 hrs.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by aceofcards
I tried it. It lets me log in with ISIS email & password, lets me enter my PIN, but then asks "Enter Your Phone Number" to send an SMS to finish signing up (which is odd since it's an existing account). When I enter my number, it pops up a message "Unsupported OS. This phone's operating system is not supported. Please update your phone's operating system to use the Wallet."

This is an iPhone 6 / IOS 8.0.2 / AT&T. Curious is if anyone else has figured out a way to make it work, it'd be cool to get the October bonus.

Edit: Took the easy way out and reverted to the iPhone 5 just for softcard usage. Only downside is needing a rubber band to keep the chopped up case on it

Last edited by voodoomonkey; Oct 5, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:27 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott

I just did all of my under $1 charges for each card I added but I realized I didn't go through and select the $20 promotion each time. Anyone know if this is an "automatic" deal or if I need to go back and do it again but select the offer each time? No biggie if I do.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by WhosYourFarmer
I switched to the iphone 6. I still have my old phone with isis/softcard.

Does anyone know if I can use a phone, unconnected to the cellular network to pay with softcard? What if the phone is connected via wifi but not the cellular network?
I was in the same situation, and couldn't get the ISIS app working on the iPhone 6. I've temporarily put the iPhone 6's SIM card into the 5 and it's happily letting me use the app, add cards, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.