Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optimizing my visa liquidations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum

Hi all,

I have a method to liquidate international visa cards for no fees, I have currently been using Simon Mall cards but the s+h/processing fees (from Simon's side) are adding up. I was wondering if there is a way to optimize this process? Are there any better visa cards that can be ordered / re-loaded online?

Maybe use TCB to get 1.5%cb on the $3k AGCs, then use the AGC's to order through Simon Mall?

Thoughts on?
- NetSpend
- GreenDot
- All Access

Last edited by queensgambit; Oct 1, 2014 at 5:54 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by queensgambit
Hi all,

I have a method to liquidate international visa cards for no fees, I have currently been using Simon Mall cards but the s+h/processing fees (from Simon's side) are adding up. I was wondering if there is a way to optimize this process? Are there any better visa cards that can be ordered / re-loaded online?

Maybe use TCB to get 1.5%cb on the $3k AGCs, then use the AGC's to order through Simon Mall?

Thoughts on?
- NetSpend
- GreenDot
- All Access
I think you can only pay with VISA or MC when purchasing VGCs at Simon.com.

How do I purchase a Simon Giftcard?
You can order Simon Giftcards by visiting www.simon.com or you can purchase at over 170 Simon Malls across the country. Please visit www.simon.com for the location of the nearest Simon Mall selling the Simon Giftcard. Simon Malls, Premium Outlet Centers®, and The Mills®, all accept cash, Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover for payment. For on-line purchases you can use your Visa, or MasterCard. If you would like to purchase a Simon Giftcard on-line you will need to supply the following information:

Your name, address, and telephone number.
The recipient's name, address, and telephone number.
Your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card number.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:53 pm

Did you mean you have a method to liquidate gift cards at international locations?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Kpoxa, thank you for that. Would a Simonmall online purchase fall into any CC's bonus categories?

If not, then the merchant that I use to liquidate VGCs says he can also accept:

- NetSpend
- GreenDot
- All Access

Would the purchasing and reloading of these fall into any of those bonus categories? Or can I use the AGC's to buy one of the 3 above, and then liquidate via my merchant?

Last edited by queensgambit; Oct 1, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agharaibeh
Did you mean you have a method to liquidate gift cards at international locations?
Nope, they are just an international merchant so the charges appear that way therefore the card must be capable of international charges. I am not sure whether that explanation makes sense, I only know that I am told I can only use Simonmall cards or any of the 3 mentioned above.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

I guess buying AGCs and then using those to load cards / buy cards isn't worth it if I can just hit 2x category bonus on buying the prepaids themselves, my math being:

$5,000 on AGCS at 1.5% = $75
----vs----
$5,000 on CVS = 10k miles at 2c per mile = $200

Last edited by queensgambit; Oct 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Simon Mall cards are costing me 1% (I bought 6k for $6,066 including shipping). Currently this is the best option, been reading the Greendot thread and haven't really found anything better than 1%. Am i wrong?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
BTW, Simon GC is sold through Giftcardmall. You can only buy one at a time.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:49 pm

with the shadyness I am sensing here, I may soon have an inmate to make deposits with... :-)
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
BTW, Simon GC is sold through Giftcardmall. You can only buy one at a time.
Did you read my post? I bought 12x$500. You can buy hundreds directly from Simon's Mall with corporate account.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

It appears Simon.com now accepts AMEX, FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.