Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover adds 5% CB on $1k from Oct-Nov

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I signed up last week thanks to jedinkel and received the email almost immediately. I went back in to the Discover site right away and it showed me as signed up for the 5% CB promo. I think if you get the email, you should be good to go.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I signed up last week thanks to jedinkel and received the email almost immediately. I went back in to the Discover site right away and it showed me as signed up for the 5% CB promo. I think if you get the email, you should be good to go.
I received the email. However, where at discover site does it show as signed up for the 5% CB promo? I cant see it anywhere
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaiice
I received the email. However, where at discover site does it show as signed up for the 5% CB promo? I cant see it anywhere
When I log in, I get a split page with card balance and other details on the left and "CASHBACK BONUS" on the right. Below that is the Cashback Bonus Balance and then below that is a header "5% CASHBACK BONUS" in orange with the current quarterly 5% bonus and the 5% at Walgreens bonus below the header. To the right of each of the bonuses it says "Signed Up".
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
When I log in, I get a split page with card balance and other details on the left and "CASHBACK BONUS" on the right. Below that is the Cashback Bonus Balance and then below that is a header "5% CASHBACK BONUS" in orange with the current quarterly 5% bonus and the 5% at Walgreens bonus below the header. To the right of each of the bonuses it says "Signed Up".
Thanks!

But my discover page shows nothing about CASHBACK BONUS (not even the quarterly 5% bonus). I just shows a link on the right for Shop Discover. I guess since their customer service is good and I received the email, I will use that if I dont get 5% for my Walgreens purchase.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
That is awesome, thank you!
Thanks and great work!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by jedinkel
I have the Discover IT Card and got it. Sign into your account and then open another window and paste this link. You can choose between Walgreens, Shell, Lowes, Olive Garden, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Up to $1000

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmem...ustomLP&tmclk=
Meant to thank you! Much appreciated.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:41 pm

So which are you guys picking? I dont know of any shells by me that carry VRs. Can you use CC to buy VGC at walgreens?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by NCianflone
Can you use CC to buy VGC at walgreens?
You can. I did that myself.
The people at the store almost had to call the CEO to allow them to do it, and they warned me several times that this was lots of money and VGCs are not returnable, but they can be bought.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mikex163
You can. I did that myself.
The people at the store almost had to call the CEO to allow them to do it, and they warned me several times that this was lots of money and VGCs are not returnable, but they can be bought.
are they $500 GC atleast? lol
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:43 pm

They are indeed.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
This didn't seem worthy of a new thread so I figured I post it here. Discover is offering checking account holders an extra $10 bucks if they make 10 debit card purchases between now and the end of the month. That's on top of the $0.10 they already give you for each purchase so $11 total. Not a great deal but it's still some free money.

Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:42 am

This is targeted, I chose Shell (I'm having second thoughts now)..

http://usa.visa.com/locators/get-a-c...lter=gift-card seems to tell me that I can buy VISA GCs at Shell, however they seem to only mention Coinstar locations for Shell. This probably means there's only a Coinstar kiosk there that's capable of selling GCs. Anybody know if I use my Discover CC at the Coinstar kiosk inside the Shell store would kick in the 5%? Would this also trigger a CA on my Discover CC?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by payeco
This didn't seem worthy of a new thread so I figured I post it here. Discover is offering checking account holders an extra $10 bucks if they make 10 debit card purchases between now and the end of the month. That's on top of the $0.10 they already give you for each purchase so $11 total. Not a great deal but it's still some free money.

it looks target payeco. is there a URL for the promo in the email?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:41 pm

What I got is even better. From USPS mails.

Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, HH, MR, Emirates
I just selected WG. I have several Duane reade around me, but the only WG a little far away. Since Duane reade is now part of WG, will the bonus work if I spend at DR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.