Amazon's mobile payment system 1.75% fee

Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stackm
I am trying to swipe a AGC and see "This card can't be used for this transaction". Has anyone seen this before? I didn't register the AGC but I don't think that is needed.

I did a test transaction with a swipe from my arrival card and that worked fine.
This happens if you swipe for more than what is on the card (or what is available on the card).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by anime333
This happens if you swipe for more than what is on the card (or what is available on the card).
Amazon kept saying it could not read the card, so I swiped a few times. The AGC was never used before.

I checked balance of AGC and it shows Amazon Payments charge of $3000 and a zero balance. But the funds were never sent to Amazon Local. And I never got the screen where it asks you to sign.

I can probably dispute the charge and try it again. I'm sure it will get sorted, but others may run into this.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:19 pm

I am trying to swipe a AGC and see "This card can't be used for this transaction". Has anyone seen this before? I didn't register the AGC but I don't think that is needed.

I did a test transaction with a swipe from my arrival card and that worked fine.
It's your AGC that's problem. Check the website on AMEX website to see the balance.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:31 pm

sorry if this is already answered, what is AGC?

i am interested in using this for meeting some spend requirements, did anyone set this up with amex, and working fine? any feedback?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:45 pm

if i do some selling on ebay, what is the business type should i select when setting up local register account?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:24 pm

Amazon kept saying it could not read the card, so I swiped a few times. The AGC was never used before.

I checked balance of AGC and it shows Amazon Payments charge of $3000 and a zero balance. But the funds were never sent to Amazon Local. And I never got the screen where it asks you to sign.

I can probably dispute the charge and try it again. I'm sure it will get sorted, but others may run into this.
Maybe it went pending, pending transactions get automatically held for up to 8 days or until they become confirmed. Your card will say $0 available but you might have $3,000 just waiting to repopulate.

Happened to me, tested $900 but cancelled the txn at the last screen. Still went pending and had to wait 7 days to see my $900 balance back on the AGC check balance site.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by ChurnChop
Maybe it went pending, pending transactions get automatically held for up to 8 days or until they become confirmed. Your card will say $0 available but you might have $3,000 just waiting to repopulate.

Happened to me, tested $900 but cancelled the txn at the last screen. Still went pending and had to wait 7 days to see my $900 balance back on the AGC check balance site.
Called AMEX and you are correct, stuck in pending. No other option but to wait 7 days. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:33 pm

It was so easy to setup.
-registered for amazon local register account
-verified email address, setup bank and online verified it
-setup recurring transfers
-will get the reader thingy tomorrow
-start accepting payments
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:44 pm

Success here. I received my reader, set up my account, and immediately hit it for $1000 just to test it. I signed up as a sole prop / "Consultant" but I do own a couple of services corporations (software dev, legal services), so I might see about setting up a corporate account.

FWIW, the charge shows up on my statement under the following category: MANAGEMENT,CONSULTING / PUBLIC RELATIONS
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by compson
FWIW, the charge shows up on my statement under the following category: MANAGEMENT,CONSULTING / PUBLIC RELATIONS
I recall earlier in the thread people set it up under "transportation" and getting double points for that on chase. Any other data points available?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:03 pm

Is anyone hitting this really hard worrying that monies obtained from swipes is gonna be viewed as income by amazon? What are you going to do if they report like $300k to the IRS?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
No one knows. We'll all find out in February.

The assumption is to stay under 200 transactions AND $20K. In theory you could spend an ...-load of money, but stay under 200 tranx and be "okay".

YMMV
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
So is anyone just scanning their credit card? AGC seems to be a little finicky lately and keeps denying all attempts to purchase more cards.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:31 pm

I am still confused on what AGC is, can someone help?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
I am still confused on what AGC is, can someone help?
Aldi gift checks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.