Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

5x reward everywhere...Logix (obviously a catch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

https://www.logixbanking.com/banking...t-card-rewards

With $2.00 minimum and max to get 5x, can this be pumped through the roof? unlimited.
Trying to come up with easiest way to get a few hundred to thousand transactions a day with minimal effort... It's a lot easier to just buy a OV and be done...

Figured I would put this out there for fun and profit at the micro level. I usually don't bother at this level but maybe there are some good use cases.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:14 pm

my understanding is whether you spend $2 or 20k in one transaction, you get 10 cents....unless you want to spend all day placing $2 orders or send $2 to someone, I don't think this useful
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:25 pm

this is why evolve limits us to 4 debit payments per account per month. otherwise we would all be paying our mortgages $2.00 at a time.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:37 pm

Someone with some computer experience could create a macro to make purchases on Loyal3 is the best idea I can come up with. At some point I imagine Logix or Loyal3 would throw a fit however.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, AA Gold
Reminds me of a debit card that I used to have where I earned 20 miles per debit transaction. Bought a lot of vending machine sodas...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by hamhead
Someone with some computer experience could create a macro to make purchases on Loyal3 is the best idea I can come up with. At some point I imagine Logix or Loyal3 would throw a fit however.
There was a CC with an offer of 10 cents cb per purchase. Some guy wrote a program to make lots of penny purchases on ebay. He couldn't walk away with his profits and eventually got busted.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by silver4300
There was a CC with an offer of 10 cents cb per purchase. Some guy wrote a program to make lots of penny purchases on ebay. He couldn't walk away with his profits and eventually got busted.
Ahhh, the old Freedom 10&10. Good times.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:23 pm

since ebay was mentioned, maybe there's some here who availed of the Microsoft Live 30% CB up to $200 on certain items on ebay? DH and I bought coins that advertised the banner and got the maximum CB on each one. If only those type of deals would return....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by bribro
The old Freedom was better since there was no minimum at all. You could spend $0.01, and get 10 UR points worth $0.10!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by andres17
The old Freedom was better since there was no minimum at all. You could spend $0.01, and get 10 UR points worth $0.10!
Sad I missed this. I would have created an Automator script to buy a ton of $0.15 Amazon eGift cards for myself essentially giving me 50% CB on Amazon.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by bribro
I'm still on the 10/10 program.

What's the difference with this & Discover Cashback Checking?

Last edited by vagrants; Jul 29, 2014 at 7:07 am
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by hamhead
Since this is a debit card as opposed to a credit card, you have several options here. One idea I have about it is to do repeated $2 transactions of the following actions: load Bluebird or Serve online, AP, Square Cash, and Venmo. This alone would allow you to do $24K or $25K per month. Obviously, if you could have a computer automate the process, then this would be a lot easier than doing each transaction manually.

My idea isn't as scalable as the OP might have wanted it to be. But, this could be a good start.

Originally Posted by dfwgolfer1
Reminds me of a debit card that I used to have where I earned 20 miles per debit transaction. Bought a lot of vending machine sodas...
Buying a ton of vending machine sodas seems like too much work. I wonder if it's possible to send money to people in $2 increments on Google Wallet, Paypal, or with a similar service (and automate these transactions of course). Yes, there is about a 3% fee. However, you still would profit from it significantly, again, assuming there is no minimum per-transaction fee that I'm missing. If you scale it up, then only earning about a 2% profit per transaction wouldn't matter.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 29, 2014 at 11:49 am
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Not bad...
Perhaps something like http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chrome can assist.
Since BB more of a pain for me now, thinking it might be a good test bed for me to use.
I might choose to randomize payments between $2 and $2.50 or something to look "unique" and as you mention, if it can scale it's all gravy.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
They probably will shut you down before you can scale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.