Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

RIA Money Transfer: No fee to send money straight to a bank account using debit card

RIA Money Transfer: No fee to send money straight to a bank account using debit card

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 23, 14, 8:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: kingrat
Wiki Link
More or less DEAD - YMMV

http://riamoneytransfer.com/ allows you to send money to anyone (including yourself), using debit & credit cards, for no fee.

Per the FAQ ( https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/help/faq ), "You can send up to $2999.99 per money transfer, per day. However, please be advised that the max amount you can send in 30 days is $8,000.

* Please note, Oklahoma and Arizona residents are limited to send a max amount of $999.99 per user per calendar day.

Work
Suntrust Debit [source]
UFB Debit [source]
NW Buxx [source]
Wells Fargo Visa [source]
TD Buxx [source]
PP Debit [source]

Does not work
OneVanilla [source]
Chase SW Visa [source]
US BUXX [source]
MetaBank MC GC [source]

From experience, the status of "under review" lasts a day or two tops, but is perfectly usual [source]
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 22, 14, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Hi everybody,

Not sure if people are aware of this, but http://riamoneytransfer.com/ allows you to send money to anyone (including yourself), using debit & credit cards, for no fee.

Even better, the money can be sent straight to a bank account.

I have been using this service now for a little over a month, and this is what I have discovered so far:

1. None of my credit cards worked (BoA, Citi, Chase)
2. I have not tried any VGCs etc...
3. My Suntrust Debit card did work, and am getting miles for it
4. When I send money to myself (to my own bank account), it usually hits my bank account at least a couple of days before it gets debited from my ST account
5. At first I did a small transaction, but I did not wait for it to fully settle (i.e. have the money debited as well as credited), before doing a second transaction. This caused me some problems with RIA in that they disabled my card. But subsequent to that, I have had no problems

Per the FAQ ( https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/help/faq ), "You can send up to $2999.99 per money transfer, per day. However, please be advised that the max amount you can send in 30 days is $8,000.

* Please note, Oklahoma and Arizona residents are limited to send a max amount of $999.99 per user per calendar day. "

Enjoy!

[redacted referral link]

Last edited by cbn42; Jul 22, 14 at 9:01 pm Reason: remove referral link
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:43 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I can see this getting abused to the point of shut downs...but it's something new and we all like new?
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:48 pm

Tried with a OneVanilla... said couldn't process this payment method.
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Same result with OV.
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
I can see this getting abused to the point of shut downs...but it's something new and we all like new?
you're probably right, but I have enjoyed the fruits of others MS research for a bit, so it's nice to be able to contribute something that I found by myself
Old Jul 22, 14, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000 View Post
you're probably right, but I have enjoyed the fruits of others MS research for a bit, so it's nice to be able to contribute something that I found by myself
Thanks for the heads up ^
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:00 pm

Damn you excess rules in my state. Of course it's my state...

I guess if gift cards don't work then there's no use for me. If only AFT/T-Mobile/Serve were considered debit...
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:00 pm

Thank you for sharing. This will be great if it works with Buxx, T-Mobile, etc. Just out of curiosity, how did you find this? I have been looking for something like this for months. Maybe I am just bad at Googling...
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Will not work with VGC
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Didn't work with Chase SW Visa
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by commdiver View Post
Thank you for sharing. This will be great if it works with Buxx, T-Mobile, etc. Just out of curiosity, how did you find this? I have been looking for something like this for months. Maybe I am just bad at Googling...
I googled "send money with debit card", and it comes up as a sponsored link / ad at the top. I decided to peruse, thinking it wouldn't come to much as it had fees for sending money around the world, but when I selected United States, it set all fees to $0, which made me go, "hmmmm"
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:15 pm

They also have a refferal link to get $20 gift card for the referrer as well as the referred
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by thadeusd3 View Post
Didn't work with Chase SW Visa
Same error? Do you have your cash advance limit set to $0 or $100 or something?
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:20 pm
Original Member

Thanks for posting this. I just did a small transfer with my UFB Direct AA debit card.

The trouble with this card is that it takes two months for miles to post, so a person has to wait a long time to determine success or failure.

Has anyone gotten any credit card to work?
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:21 pm

I think T mobile will work. You may get shut down by tmobile real quick tho...
BUxx probably wont (it seems like buxx doesn't work on any CA type of transactions, such as 7-11 BP, USPS MO, but works fine for purchase like transactions, such as WM MO, grocery store MO).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: