$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Old Nov 10, 14, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA AA SPG HILTON AMTRAK
Your customer pin has to be exactly the same with that printed on your receipt, including the space as well. For example, if it is 201 102 10201, then 20110210201 will generate error

Originally Posted by bar19900 View Post
anyone else having trouble reporting their missing points from this? Now that Best Buy discontinued mybestbuy.com and only use bestbuy.com I can no longer report missing points. I have tons of $$ now to report, but get an error telling me to check my information again every time.
Old Nov 10, 14, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by mxhjustin View Post
Your customer pin has to be exactly the same with that printed on your receipt, including the space as well. For example, if it is 201 102 10201, then 20110210201 will generate error
Bingo! Thanks. Was driving me nuts. I never had an issue before they merged the sites.
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:59 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
anyone else having trouble reporting their missing points from this? Now that Best Buy discontinued mybestbuy.com and only use bestbuy.com I can no longer report missing points. I have tons of $$ now to report, but get an error telling me to check my information again every time.

Me thinks this is a risky road to travel down
Old Nov 11, 14, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota View Post
Me thinks this is a risky road to travel down
Has there been problems with this? I figured they'd lock you out from reporting them if they didn't earn points.
Old Nov 11, 14, 11:30 am

Has there been problems with this? I figured they'd lock you out from reporting them if they didn't earn points.
I think you are missing the point that you are bringing human eyes to a potential oversight or "hey, we only make $5, on this but we are giving $6 in rewards, maybe we should stop that"
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:11 pm

Consider the following hypothetical scenario:

1. You submit a claim for missing bonus points
2. BB employee reviews your claim and looks at what you bought
3. Said person determines you're not entitled to any points and not only denies your bonus points, but your base points get recouped.
4. BB employee decides that they haven't had their coffee and are feint particularly vengeful and decides to go through your other account purchases
5. Your previous GC purchases are discovered, any remaining points are recouped, you're banned from opening another account again and the loophole is closed for everyone

The End
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:35 pm

Consider the following hypothetical scenario:

1. You submit a claim for missing bonus points
2. BB employee reviews your claim and looks at what you bought
3. Said person determines you're not entitled to any points and not only denies your bonus points, but your base points get recouped.
4. BB employee decides that they haven't had their coffee and are feint particularly vengeful and decides to go through your other account purchases
5. Your previous GC purchases are discovered, any remaining points are recouped, you're banned from opening another account again and the loophole is closed for everyone

The End
Understood. I was assuming this was handled by computer. I also have noticed that I'm only receiving best buy points "sometimes" when I enter my phone number upon purchase, but they ALWAYS post when I report missing.
Old Nov 12, 14, 9:49 pm

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

I've been paying trans fees with vgc's during the Amex promos for the past year, but just yesterday the system didn't allow it. Apparently they upgraded their software a month ago so the computer have a "tender not allowed" error when I tried to use my Bb GC to pay the visa fees. She showed me her screen. However, someone on another forum mentioned that they could use GC on vgc purchases recently. Wonder if it was just the store I was at (looked like new payment devices) or region-specific? I'll have to try again at another location.
Old Nov 14, 14, 4:39 am

Totally new to this forum and have been reading up on it for about a week or 2 now. I went and got 5x $200 vgc from BestBuy with this AMEX offer on 4 cards (split payment) and got the $25 credit for each card. Now though I'm not sure what to do with these vgcs. I was going to try and get a MO at Walmart ($800) but they were super quick to deny me because I wanted to split payment in $200s and then told me they don't accept PP debits to make MOs. I was going to try load onto my Serve and seems I'm out of luck there too as Kate does the 9 digit pin thing on me and cashiers / wmc check your debit card when loading. Anyone got any other ideas as to what I could do with these other than use them like a normal card to buy stuff (and lose out on points from CCs).
Old Nov 14, 14, 4:46 am

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tatsuya S View Post
Totally new to this forum and have been reading up on it for about a week or 2 now. I went and got 5x $200 vgc from BestBuy with this AMEX offer on 4 cards (split payment) and got the $25 credit for each card. Now though I'm not sure what to do with these vgcs. I was going to try and get a MO at Walmart ($800) but they were super quick to deny me because I wanted to split payment in $200s and then told me they don't accept PP debits to make MOs. I was going to try load onto my Serve and seems I'm out of luck there too as Kate does the 9 digit pin thing on me and cashiers / wmc check your debit card when loading. Anyone got any other ideas as to what I could do with these other than use them like a normal card to buy stuff (and lose out on points from CCs).
That's unfortunate.
Start with the "New to Manufactured Spending" sticky.
Old Nov 14, 14, 6:48 am

I bought 5 BBVGCs also on 4 amex CCs and on the way home, I passed by a WM with Kate. I was able to load them all to Serve in 5 transactions. I was pleasantly surprised this Kate was "mute" so it was so easy and I was out there in a few minutes.

I suggest to try another branch and if Kate still don't work, try the regular registers with the usual workaround and hope it works for you.
Old Nov 14, 14, 11:11 am

I went to BB the other day looking for VGC's and I only saw the Bestbuy branded cards, is that the cards you guys are loading and liquidating to Serve/BB or are they the regular unbranded Visa/MC ones?

If they are the BB branded ones, do those have any issues setting the pins or are they just like normal?
Old Nov 14, 14, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Twaffles View Post
I went to BB the other day looking for VGC's and I only saw the Bestbuy branded cards, is that the cards you guys are loading and liquidating to Serve/BB or are they the regular unbranded Visa/MC ones?

If they are the BB branded ones, do those have any issues setting the pins or are they just like normal?
BB branded. Pin is last 4 digits.
Old Nov 14, 14, 1:37 pm

...Drum Beat...
Old Nov 14, 14, 2:18 pm

...Drum Beat...
Very helpful thanks for your reply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: