Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:54 pm

Confirmed that they let you split payments in stores. Very quick and easy.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Lemma
Definitely not corp policy, and a nonsensical rule too. Try a different store. I believe corp policy limits you to 1k/day, or at least that's the limit at most stores, but that's enforced by the store personnel and not the registers, which will allow you to ring up more than 1k at a time, or at least did the last time they let me do it which was awhile ago. I've found many BB cashiers have no idea how to ring up VGC as employee turnover is high and not many people buy them. Unless this store has their own version of the register software, which seems unlikely,
Thanks. I'll try another store later...Unfortunately, the stores that are closer to me don't carry VGCs...I guess I'll keep an eye on BB stores when I'm out n about.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:39 am

I bought 2 $200 VGCs (issued by Metabank) with a $5.95 fee on each. They were locked up behind the counter so I had to ask about them.

I split the transaction and put $250 on my AmEx and the remainder on another card. Got an email last night from AmEx Sync confirming the purchase.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:37 am

Yes, split seems the way to go.

Suppose this offer were only on Old Blue. If you buy 2 $200 VGCs without split to cash this deal, it would be the equivalent of buying a $400 GC at grocery 5X and paying a $2.95 fee.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by dboston1
I bought 2 $200 VGCs (issued by Metabank) with a $5.95 fee on each. They were locked up behind the counter so I had to ask about them.

I split the transaction and put $250 on my AmEx and the remainder on another card. Got an email last night from AmEx Sync confirming the purchase.
^ on this strategy. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
No issues splitting payment on 3 VGC at BB tonight. Got my confirmations via email when I got to the car.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:55 am

$25 credit posted to my AmEx today for my purchase of VGCs
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dboston1
$25 credit posted to my AmEx today for my purchase of VGCs
$150 posted today; taking wife to BB this weekend to use her four cards!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
No Go for me.

BBY locally says no other GCs except their brand.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by msnut1
It's back again. I've done it twice before already, know the drill.

Bought 5 X $200 VGC and paid with 4 different Amex cards for an easy $100 bonus. (The BB elite bonus and my CC bonuses will wipe out the $5.95 purchase fee).

Already received Amex sync confirmation thanking me for using my cards. ^
I did the same.. hopefully points will post to BB elite account in a few days. It's nice they still allow you to earn points on GCs!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
No Go for me.

BBY locally says no other GCs except their brand.
Well, the VGC I bought has the word "BestBuy prepaid card" and underneath it says "can be used @ BestBuy or anywhere Visa Debit accepted".
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by DziVang
Well, the VGC I bought has the word "BestBuy prepaid card" and underneath it says "can be used @ BestBuy or anywhere Visa Debit accepted".
i bought 4 of these too. was able to split transaction on 3 of my cards. have not gotten any of the confirmation e-mails from Amex yet.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
i bought 4 of these too. was able to split transaction on 3 of my cards. have not gotten any of the confirmation e-mails from Amex yet.
Exact same here, Tofe. New to the game myself...the amex staples deal emails came within minutes of the order...wonder why this is different...
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by mreno43
Exact same here, Tofe. New to the game myself...the amex staples deal emails came within minutes of the order...wonder why this is different...
Not sure but most times I get the confirmation e-mail minutes after. I am not worried as it has always posted for me eventually.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
I assume these can be liquidated through Bluebird at Money Centers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.