$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyby01
So this was just today? I jumped on this the other day. One of those deals where one has to act quickly.
Yeah this round started around Nov 2nd from post upthread, and certainly maxed out by Nov 5th morning.

Didn't appear in Offers for any of my Amex cards, but tweeting #AmexBestBuy worked fine. Managing all these Twitter accounts is a pain though, I need to systematize the logins used for each so I can remember which account goes with which card.

Oh please let there be another of these before Christmas!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Yeah this round started around Nov 2nd from post upthread, and certainly maxed out by Nov 5th morning.

Didn't appear in Offers for any of my Amex cards, but tweeting #AmexBestBuy worked fine. Managing all these Twitter accounts is a pain though, I need to systematize the logins used for each so I can remember which account goes with which card.

Oh please let there be another of these before Christmas!
From looking at the historical record, Amex seems to do this twice per year, in the summer and in the fall/now. If they keep to that, they likely won't have another.

Also take into account the fact that these offers are good until 31/12/2015. It wouldn't make sense for them to put out another one.

To the issue of Twitter, I was lucky enough to have it on all of my first-party Amex cards, but it wouldn't take hold on two of them. I used Twitter to add those and a third-party card. I only have one Twitter account, so I just unlinked and relinked accordingly, and at the end, I switched it back to the card that's usually attached so that I wouldn't get confused.

Although there's no manual way to get all publicly available offers to appear as with Twitter, I'm fond of Facebook's sync tool. It has been consistent in showing all of the offers that are publicly available, and it even allows you to keep track of previously added offers, just as with the regular Amex site. It also shows the last five digits of the currently linked card.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:39 pm

Yes, Facebook works best for me with a third party card (FIA Amex for example) because there is no other way for those cards to check if offer was added and, as the above poster said, we can see now the last 4 digits of the card linked to Facebook.
Edit to add: and you can have the same card added to both facebook and twitter, so you add offers via twitter and check if they were added via facebook.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
It's back! $30 off $300 in a *single* purchase this time around
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
It's back! $30 off $300 in a *single* purchase this time around
thanks for the heads up! I didn't have this on any of my cards but was able to get it on all four with #amexbestbuy
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:13 am

Got it on 4 of 5 cards! Gonna hit BBY this week to do the laptop trade in deal as well, so between this and trading in 2 old doorstop laptops for $75 BBY GCs each, it should be nearly $230 in profit. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:14 pm

I hope I can still find the $200 VGCs so I can buy in sets of 3 pay and with two AXP cards.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:55 am

You know you are MS addicted, when you get upset because you realize you had not ever registered your wife's biz card for your business, so you only get to do this 11 times, instead of 12......
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:09 am

Found 200s at my local BB. No issue splitting payments over 6 amex cards for 9 VCGs. Cashier did have to ask manger, who said as long as its under 2K no problem.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by breauxdle
Found 200s at my local BB. No issue splitting payments over 6 amex cards for 9 VCGs. Cashier did have to ask manger, who said as long as its under 2K no problem.

Is there a link to what the current offer is? Is it $30 off $300 VGC purchase at BB? Only with Amex?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I hope I can still find the $200 VGCs so I can buy in sets of 3 pay and with two AXP cards.
Found them at my BBY, bought 9, paid with six AXPs and fees with 2%CC and got the emails acknowledging I used the offerS
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by carrie042882
Is there a link to what the current offer is? Is it $30 off $300 VGC purchase at BB? Only with Amex?
it's $30 off $300 purchase($30 back wyp $300 or more) @ BBY, NOT specific to VGC purchase BUT MUST purchase with AXP CC that has the offer saved to card.

AFAIK, the offer is dead as of yesterday afternoon, it got filled quickly. If you have already saved them, you can redeem offer till exp date.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:03 pm

Keep in mind that if you're doing this deal with an Amex prepaid card, unless you already have a balance on the account you won't be able to auto-load (from the linked debit card) more than $200/day so it won't work b/c the transaction will trigger a >$200 Amex prepaid to debit card transaction.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Dang it! Got it on 3 cards. 4 card is new, just went to sync with Twitter, got dreaded:

"Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexBestBuy offer."
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Added offer to 4 Amex cards, used 2, now other 2 unused offers have disappeared? Ugh the new Amex website is horrible...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.