Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by gomsblue
I tried the same thing. I already felt grateful (yes...) when I actually found a full stack of bestbuy vgc on the shelf. With so many folks who can't even get them from the store, I have no problem just buying one vgc loaded with 195 + $4.95 fee + another $50 shell/bp or amazon or ebay to make a $250

less hassle in this way - truly do not want to make a scene in my local bb
Your Bestbuy store has Amazon and Ebay gift cards?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by cocobird
Don't know whether you can buy other GC using the BestBuy GC. Not allowed at my local BestBuy, but YMMV.
The system is hardcoded to not allow the purchase of VGCs with Bestbuy GCs. The other gift cards are allowed. I just bought two Shell gift cards using Bestbuy GCs and also using my reward redemption.

If you google you will come across a Bestbuy support page where a Bestbuy agent says that Open Loop gift cards (VGCs) are not allowed but closed loop (all other gift cards) are allowed.

Your store may be denying you outright without even trying the register.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Does buying VGCs still earn Best Buy rewards?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by WhoGoesThere
Does buying VGCs still earn Best Buy rewards?
Yes. I just got credited from the recent AMEX offer. It still takes about 15 days or so to show up. I'm still waiting for the reward from my other three purchases.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Flyby01
Yes. I just got credited from the recent AMEX offer. It still takes about 15 days or so to show up. I'm still waiting for the reward from my other three purchases.
no elite bonus right?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by jamesflyertalk
no elite bonus right?
I received elite status and bonus through GC purchasing
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by SDBK
I received elite status and bonus through GC purchasing
strange. i only got 1pt/dollar even though i'm elite
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:14 pm

My store recently restocked on VGC (new design) and has new POS. They could not figure out how to ring up these open loop gift cards. There is no more F2/F6 menu like in the old POS. When rung up in the general "gift cards" menu, it asks for amount and then throws an error. Their internal help desk (they have a name for it, Edge?) was no help either. Does anyone have recent experiences with the new POS?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Originally Posted by michael_v
My store recently restocked on VGC (new design) and has new POS. They could not figure out how to ring up these open loop gift cards. There is no more F2/F6 menu like in the old POS. When rung up in the general "gift cards" menu, it asks for amount and then throws an error. Their internal help desk (they have a name for it, Edge?) was no help either. Does anyone have recent experiences with the new POS?
I haven't tried with the new POS but I believe the support desk is called the "bridge." Also, to those reporting no luck with using GC to buy VGC, that's terrible! I used to do that all the time...I suppose I could try again to verify, but I hate getting denied.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by nmp0
Tried 4 x $200 splitting over 3 cards and the cashier said I couldn't pay with more than one card. I said "Okay ring me up for 2 x $200 and I will pay with one card." Then she says she has to ring them up one at a time

I hate Best Buy. I'll try another store for 2 x $200 next time.
Try another BB store. This is NOT Wally-mart where VGCs must be purchased as separate transaction each. The BB cashier is misinformed or jerking you around.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by nmp0
Tried 4 x $200 splitting over 3 cards and the cashier said I couldn't pay with more than one card. I said "Okay ring me up for 2 x $200 and I will pay with one card." Then she says she has to ring them up one at a time
Sounds like a cashier who just didn't know how to do it and unwilling to admit it. In situations like this, I just go to CS who are more knowledgeable. I've actually gotten more helpful CSRs at my local BBs than with the cashiers.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:23 pm

Do they sell Visa or MasterCard Gift Cards at store? I never saw that at any BB store...
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Atish Tanki
Do they sell Visa or MasterCard Gift Cards at store? I never saw that at any BB store...
Ask an employee. At my store, they're behind the counter for pick-up of online orders, where customers aren't even allowed. They're Visa cards.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
Ask an employee. At my store, they're behind the counter for pick-up of online orders, where customers aren't even allowed. They're Visa cards.
Wow, thanks! This is really good information because I've been to a few BBs in southern CA and in south FL and have never seen a VGC anywhere.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by markr33
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Wow, thanks! This is really good information because I've been to a few BBs in southern CA and in south FL and have never seen a VGC anywhere.
I have no luck finding these VGCs in SoCal. Been to all the BBs around me, and they all said they stopped receiving the cards for quite a while. Annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.