Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
I purchased 5x$200 VGC in BB few days ago, splitting in 4 cards - everything went OK. Came today and the same cashier was working at the checkout. It seems she recognized me from that day (probably, not many people do split transactions in BB) and called manager over. General manager come and started to question me, why I'm buying this and according to him it's not normal. At the end (since cashier informed him that I purchased VGC before) he claimed that Bestbuy has a "unwritten" policy - they can sell only $1K/6 months.
I tried one BB today and when he saw that I wanted 5 cards he asked if I was splitting payment or using one card. I said split payment. He said new policy says they can't split payments for buying visa gift cards. So I'm going back later for another cashier, rethinking how I stack it up (visa + shell), or trying another BB.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Why not just get $250 in BP GC's? There is nowhere on the planet that you can find $250 in BP GC's for 10% off.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Why not just get $250 in BP GC's? There is nowhere on the planet that you can find $250 in BP GC's for 10% off.
Wrong.

I bough Texaco/Chevron and BP $100 ($600 total) cards for 12% off on eBay from eBay Gift Card Mall. As I carry a balance on my PP account I could not add points/miles/CB from my CC linked to PP account as some others did.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:55 pm

Tried 4 x $200 splitting over 3 cards and the cashier said I couldn't pay with more than one card. I said "Okay ring me up for 2 x $200 and I will pay with one card." Then she says she has to ring them up one at a time

I hate Best Buy. I'll try another store for 2 x $200 next time.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:18 pm

I went to BB a few days ago and successfully split payment with two credit cards across three gift cards. Today, I returned and tried to do the same, and the cashier tried telling me it was against store policy and that the point of service system wouldn't allow it. I told him that I did it the other day, and he said that person must have overridden the system and was breaking policy. When he asked me who did it, I described the manager (because it was), and he finally backed down and was willing to let me try.

He sees I'm paying with two Amex cards, and we start talking as he has to go on hold on the phone to activate the cards (this happened last time). I explain that it's because of the offer, and he looks really surprised. He shows me his Amex gold (in not familiar with it, so I don't know what kind specifically), and I tell him that the offer is available to everyone.

As he's ringing me up, he mentions how someone comes in and uses the cards to purchase money orders with the gift cards. I'm taken aback because these are such small gift card denominations ($200 max), and he mentions the recent article about Schlappig (spelling?). I actually start talking with him about MS and how hard it is to find anyone to talk to in real life about it because it appears like ML. I may have actually recruited him into MS and points. He also said he's thinking about getting a Serve card because he saw I was paying with one.

It's actually really refreshing to find someone into this stuff in my small town.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:53 am

I got 3x$200 split over 2 cards at the customer service desk at BBY on Friday. Cashier said that he couldn't do it due to their new system, but service desk could. CSR laughed and said cashier could, she would have to show him how. So, other than the wait, no issues at all for me.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Wrong.

I bough Texaco/Chevron and BP $100 ($600 total) cards for 12% off on eBay from eBay Gift Card Mall. As I carry a balance on my PP account I could not add points/miles/CB from my CC linked to PP account as some others did.
Wow! 12% is really good. I must've missed that one. I bought 12 once, then I got an email from Ebay saying that I violated their T&C's.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by pwd847
Wow! 12% is really good. I must've missed that one. I bought 12 once, then I got an email from Ebay saying that I violated their T&C's.
Yeah, I think the limit was 3x$100 per account.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:47 am

i tried at my bestbuy last week and the cashier had to call bestbuy support to figure out the limit per customer.. she came back and said 6000 per day per customer.. so i got 5x200 split over 4 cards.. and then 2x200 on another card since thats all i had..
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 am

I tried to buy $100 in Virgin Mobile pre paid cards and the taxes were $16.50. That had to some sort of error. Cook county IL.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:58 pm

Till sometime last year BestBuy allowed purchasing VGCs with BestBuy GC. I didn't know that the policy has changed and its hard coded int he system to not allow it. So I ordered $1500 (250 X 6) worth BestBuy GC and am now stuck with them. Any ideas on how to unload them without loosing too much value? I really can't use $1500 worth of Gas.

Any ideas on what I can buy and resell from Bestbuy, even if it is revenue neutral?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by cyclotron
Till sometime last year BestBuy allowed purchasing VGCs with BestBuy GC. I didn't know that the policy has changed and its hard coded int he system to not allow it. So I ordered $1500 (250 X 6) worth BestBuy GC and am now stuck with them. Any ideas on how to unload them without loosing too much value? I really can't use $1500 worth of Gas.

Any ideas on what I can buy and resell from Bestbuy, even if it is revenue neutral?
If you can float it for a few months, it might be worth it to hold on to them til Black Friday... you should be able to find something that you can flip fast and might even make a couple bucks. Last year they had some Galaxy tablets that were heavily discounted.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cyclotron

Don't know whether you can buy other GC using the BestBuy GC. Not allowed at my local BestBuy, but YMMV.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
$25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync

apple products are usually pretty easy to resell
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:20 am

I tried the same thing. I already felt grateful (yes...) when I actually found a full stack of bestbuy vgc on the shelf. With so many folks who can't even get them from the store, I have no problem just buying one vgc loaded with 195 + $4.95 fee + another $50 shell/bp or amazon or ebay to make a $250

less hassle in this way - truly do not want to make a scene in my local bb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.