Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Offers - $20 off $20 Amazon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

AMEX Offers - $20 off $20 Amazon

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $20 or more online at Amazon.com by 8/31/2014.

TERMS
Offer valid only for purchases on Amazon.com or smile.amazon.com. Amazon Payments are excluded. Not valid at non-US or non-English versions of Amazon.com or websites affiliated with or linked to Amazon.com. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Your transaction must be made directly with Amazon.com to qualify. Items ordered during the offer period but shipped after 8/31/14 may not count towards your qualifying purchases for the offer. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment is limited. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, transactions not made directly with the merchant will not qualify. Also, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit for transactions made with electronic wallets or via third parties. If you use Membership Rewards points for all or any portion of a transaction through the “Shop with Points at Amazon.com” program, the amount of that transaction that you cover with points will not qualify for the offer. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:10 am

Where do I go to get this? I obviously should take advantage of a free $20 item at Amazon.

It's rough to find an item that is sold directly by Amazon.com now days though.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
e-gift card
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:16 am
Original Poster

yup, egift card for $20, and hold it til youre ready to spend
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:17 am

Oh wow yeah it doesn't say don't use gift cards. I just remember having an Amazon credit once that I couldn't spend on anything except something sold by Amazon.com, and it included no purchase of gift cards.

So should this be showing up on my offers page? It's not there for my BC yet
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Not there for me. I shop on Amazon often.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
e-gift card
Just wondering if GC order posts as amazon purchase or not? In the checkout it said "sold by ACI Inc." Don't know what that means. Just wanted to check and see if anybody has ever bought Amazon GC from amazon and what the transaction posted as?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Ab Az
Just wondering if GC order posts as amazon purchase or not? In the checkout it said "sold by ACI Inc." Don't know what that means. Just wanted to check and see if anybody has ever bought Amazon GC from amazon and what the transaction posted as?
http://www.amazon.com/gift-cards

select email delivery
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:33 pm

For cards of mine that count Amazon purchases as CB, buying gift cards works.

I use that for third party sellers on Amazon who may not count for my CB.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:39 pm

From an AMEX - Amazon GC Purchase in March 2014. Used this for an e-gift card.

AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM/BILL WA $50.00
MERCHANDISE
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:40 pm

there are restaurant GCs for $20 that ships free with Prime membership in case you want an actual GC mailed to you.

This is a great promo, I hope amex does this every month
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:45 pm

btw, for those with amazon Prime membership and not aware, they can share their membership to 4 other people in 'same' household. just go to your prime membership account, scroll down and you will see where to invite someone for the membership. ONLY the primary acct holder has access to unlimited movie streaming, it is just the free 2 day shipping that gets shared with 4 'friends/family'.

I'm not sure if amex is still offering the FREE amex prime membership plus welcome bonus when you open a BCE account. call amex for details.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:55 pm

I don't see the Amazon offer in the Amex site under "Amex Offers For You".
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:38 pm

I have this offer on DH's and my account:

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200 or more on American Express Gift Cards at www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards by 7/30/2014.

TERMS
Offer valid online only. Offer only applies to online Gift Card or Business Gift Card order completed at https://www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards and excludes logo & gift cheque purchases. Merchant does not deliver/ship to HI or VT. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 7/30/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/30/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. xxxxxx

if we buy on the site, the purchase fee plus shipping with be greater than $10, so not a good offer?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Amex tells me that its a solicited/targeted offer - most of us won't see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.