Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:37 am

If you guys have the current offer for best buy in your chime account, I would just buy a 200 visa gc at BB and it would be a money maker. My offer was something like spend 100 and get 10 back in your chime account.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
My account just got suspended. I've been loading consistently pretty much every day. Balance is less than 2K. Will update once their support line is open.

Update: Called their support line (opens @ 7am Central) and after a brief hold while they looked over the transactions. I was told by the CSR that "corporate" is concerned with the amount/number of loads but there's no spend yet (guess they don't count the test PP and BB transactions as spending). I told them because of the daily load limit, I was saving up the amount for a big spending transaction later on (true). That seems to satisfy the CSR and she puts in the request to unlock the account. Bad news is that she says it would takes 1-3 hours for that to be done. My guess is she can't unlock it herself but have to pass it on to another team.

Update 2 (~3 hours from last update): Received a voice mail from the same CSR earlier letting me know that the issue has been resolved. Checked online, still no go with 'account suspended' message. Called in and after punching in the card number, I was able to hear my account balance when I couldn't earlier. Spoke to another friendly CSR and she couldn't figure out why only card access was restored but not online access. She said she escalated to "higher ups" and I should be receiving a call back later today.

Update 3 (30 mins from last update): Got another voice mail ('Unknown' number), online access restored. Case closed.

Last edited by lad2; Jul 10, 2014 at 10:44 am
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:52 am

Thanks for the info lad2
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by lad2
My account just got suspended. I've been loading consistently pretty much every day. Balance is less than 2K. Will update once their support line is open.

Update: Called their support line (opens @ 7am Central) and after a brief hold while they looked over the transactions. I was told by the CSR that "corporate" is concerned with the amount/number of loads but there's no spend yet (guess they don't count the test PP and BB transactions as spending). I told them because of the daily load limit, I was saving up the amount for a big spending transaction later on (true). That seems to satisfy the CSR and she puts in the request to unlock the account. Bad news is that she says it would takes 1-3 hours for that to be done. My guess is she can't unlock it herself but have to pass it on to another team.
Well, I guess I can consider this card useless for the most part then. If they lock your account for $2K in loads why botherwith it? Even T-Mo doesn't do that. I guess I'll drain the single $500 MP I loaded and put this in the sock drawer.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Account access fully restored.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:51 am

Account access fully restored.
Glad to know that.

Do you load $100 or $200 every day?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Glad to know that.

Do you load $100 or $200 every day?
Loaded the max they allow every day, which was either $100 or $200 for a short period of time earlier this week.
Going forward, I'll be unloading every 3 days or so.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:02 am

Loaded the max they allow every day, which was either $100 or $200 for a short period of time earlier this week.
Going forward, I'll be unloading every 3 days or so.
I think I will do similarly.

Load every day, unload every 4 to 5 days.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:47 pm

Some new data points.

A friend of mine has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Close and reopen?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Close and reopen?
works all the time ... at-least it did with two of the cards reported here at FT
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
signed up on july/6, still no chime card in mail.

When should I expect to get the card?

It seems the offers are expiring.

thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:31 am

Doesn't look like you can ACH out from this. Tried pulling various amounts, lowest $200, doesn't work.
Pretty useless for me. Cashed out via WM MOs.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
how long did it take for you guys to receive the card?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:00 am

It took me 7 days to get the card, but I signed up a day or two after this was posted. I tried to sign my wife up when I got my card and it's been almost 10 days and no card for her. Maybe they are extremely backlogged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.