Chime Card

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 8, 14, 10:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ericliujian
Wiki Link
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Old May 5, 15, 9:34 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I took advantage of the COX offer a few days ago. But now there's a 3% fee to load using Nationwide Visa Bxxx. Which means there's no good way to load the card. Then Friday, May 1, all the offers disappeared and are still gone.

Looks like it's bye-bye.
Old Aug 3, 15, 10:06 pm
Suspended

My experience with this card is that it has been quite useless for me. Does anyone know if there is a link to close the account? I've sent email to their "help" email and no reply.
Old Nov 15, 15, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
My experience with this card is that it has been quite useless for me. Does anyone know if there is a link to close the account? I've sent email to their "help" email and no reply.

I have the same problem. I simply turned off the card online.
Old Nov 16, 15, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sunspotzsz View Post
I have the same problem. I simply turned off the card online.
How did you do this? Also, do you know if your method will avoid the following fee:

Account Maintenance Fee (assessed after 180 days of no purchases, withdrawals, or deposits): $5.00 (per month)
Old Nov 17, 15, 5:31 pm

I haven't used mine in more than a year. Balance is still zero. So it doesn't appear that it can go negative.
Old Nov 17, 15, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I haven't used mine in more than a year. Balance is still zero. So it doesn't appear that it can go negative.
Same here. Remove any funding sources you have attached to the account and it'll sit dormant with a zero balance. My last transaction of any type was July '14 when I zero'd it out with a 7-11 BP.
Old Nov 28, 15, 9:34 pm

Anyone ever find a use for this thing???

I used it for some debit card loads and had a little space left over on a Serve. Loaded it at WM for $100 at the machine, received a text that I earned a dollar. Then drained the remaining $101. Made a few bucks between the bank and that, but otherwise the card is just sitting there.
Old Nov 29, 15, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by thisguyoverhere View Post
Anyone ever find a use for this thing???

I used it for some debit card loads and had a little space left over on a Serve. Loaded it at WM for $100 at the machine, received a text that I earned a dollar. Then drained the remaining $101. Made a few bucks between the bank and that, but otherwise the card is just sitting there.
I miss this card. I wwas using it hard ntis the DOC wrote about it. Then suddenly 3% funding for gift cards and I havent found a use yet.
Old Feb 2, 16, 10:28 pm

I just paid my Verizon Wireless bill via my Chime card and used the spend $50, get $5 cash back. Really nice! The $5 showed up instantly in my balance.
Old Aug 27, 19, 9:57 am

Do NOT use Chime

I urge you all to look at consumer reviews and the numerous complaints and lawsuits against this company. I am one of many many many victims. I never filed any disputes and have only used direct deposit to load from my employer. After 6 months, the closed my account with over $800 in it. Itís been a week and I still have no answers on receiving the remaining funds. I get the brush off and delay tactics. I should have read the reviews and complaints before using the card. I have even filed a complaint with the FBI, BBB, OCC and the FDIC. They are being investigated. The use enticement practices to get you to join with the early direct deposits. It appears to be a robbing Peter to pay Paul scheme and I suspect all these investigations will lead to changes there and higher regulations to prevent more victims.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:58 am

Egad, here I am rubbing my hands together ("someone's got a new angle with Chime cooking" why else would a 3 year old thread get a bump now?) But apparently you are lost. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. You are wasting your time with those other acronyms. File a CFPB complaint.
Old Sep 18, 19, 7:18 am

Do you hear a chime sound every time they take your money?
Old Sep 20, 19, 6:54 am

I use the chime card for ms

I use this to load gebits at the register at my local grocery store since it is on the GD network. 3.95 fee to load which works out to break even when they are running a $10 off vgc deal. May be worth a second look if you want to avoid WM

Search this Thread