Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:13 am

I cleared my fund buying MO. Time to close the account as I do not see any value for keeping it alive.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I can confirm that it works in wm for 500 transaction.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
If it works, you are getting 500 skypesos for $2.50, which is the ATM fee. Plus the hassle of dealing with the cash from the ATM withdrawals. I guess it might be worth it if you are low on skypesos.
Did anyone actually figure out if Suntrust credits Delta miles for loads to our Chime Card?

I searched this thread and elsewhere and couldn't find an answer anywhere. I would try myself (and will if no one has an answer) but I won't be able to report back till January 4 given that it is now December 1.

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:14 am
jk2

Originally Posted by ZapperO
Did anyone actually figure out if Suntrust credits Delta miles for loads to our Chime Card?

I searched this thread and elsewhere and couldn't find an answer anywhere. I would try myself (and will if no one has an answer) but I won't be able to report back till January 4 given that it is now December 1.

Thanks!
Yes, so far my loads with ST earn miles.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:17 pm

Can this be unloaded using Serve debit card?

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
https://www.chimecard.com/

Looks like it can be loaded with debit card, money pak (somewhere I read walmart as well).. No bill pay.. May be a good one to consolidate small dcs and BP at walmart..?

https://chimecard.helpscoutdocs.com/...d-money-to-my-
chime-card-account

Bankcorp product, that's a huge downside..
Can someone please help me out - can you use the Serve website to load your serve account with this as a regular debit card without fees? If so, that is an easy way to unload any extra money on here.

Thanks very much.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by riclufe
Can someone please help me out - can you use the Serve website to load your serve account with this as a regular debit card without fees? If so, that is an easy way to unload any extra money on here.

Thanks very much.
Yes, as long as both cards are under the same name. Be prepared to provide Serve a picture of your ID and of the Chime card for verification. You can read more about that in the Serve thread.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:25 pm

Does anyone use chime card to load Serve/RedBird? I found that the transaction will show in both settled and pending transaction. You will have to call Chime support to manually clear the pending transaction. I have never seen this on other transaction or other cards.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:04 am

Yes. The double entry automaticaly drops off after a week. Be careful with Serve. I have been using chime to laod serve for 6 months. I changed my credit card funding source and they asked for a copy of both my credit and debit card. They approved the credit card but removed my debit card telling me that prepaid debit cards are not permited.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by chaser123
Yes. The double entry automaticaly drops off after a week. Be careful with Serve. I have been using chime to laod serve for 6 months. I changed my credit card funding source and they asked for a copy of both my credit and debit card. They approved the credit card but removed my debit card telling me that prepaid debit cards are not permited.
Thanks. I've been calling them to manually remove the pending transactions. Maybe I could just let it drop off automatically. Thanks for reminding about Serve.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:46 pm

any one tried Checkbook feature? Is it similar to bill pay like serve?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by dreamroar
any one tried Checkbook feature? Is it similar to bill pay like serve?
This looks new; I am sure it wasn't there when I last logged in three days ago. Judging by the verbiage on that page, they are not really promoting or encouraging the use of this feature. Apparently it's only check payments, not electronic transfers, so it's more similar to the bill pay functionality of T-Mobile Prepaid card than Serve, but it still looks promising. This card may be useful for something, after all.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:51 pm

So no one has been assessed an inactivity fee on this yet?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
So no one has been assessed an inactivity fee on this yet?
Inactivty fee!! I love this product! I push 200 a day, every day on multiple accounts.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by chaser123
Inactivty fee!! I love this product! I push 200 a day, every day on multiple accounts.
Really? Would you mind sharing what you use for loading?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by citynomad
Really? Would you mind sharing what you use for loading?
Sounds like, the answer turns outs to be: checks.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/paper-...it-card-spend/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.