US Bank Visa Debit Card Activation Issues

Old Jun 20, 14, 5:19 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
US Bank Visa Debit Card Activation Issues

I just purchased a few U.S. Bank Visa Debit cards and tried to call to change pin... It couldn't verify my card info so I had to talk to a CS rep. I was informed that they are having a nationwide system issue and that I could take my card back to the store with receipt if it is not activated within 24 hours or have them (US Bank) manually activate it but they could not tell me how long that would take.

Anyone else having these issues?

Last edited by Dad to GO; Jun 20, 14 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 20, 14, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta
This is what happens when OVs don't work anymore. Everyone buys these things and overloads their system.
Old Jun 20, 14, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO View Post
I just purchased a few U.S. Bank Visa Debit cards and tried to call to change pin... It couldn't verify my card info so I had to talk to a CS rep. I was informed that they are having a nationwide system issue and that I could take my card back to the store with receipt if it is not activated within 24 hours or have them (US Bank) manually activate it but they could not tell me how long that would take.

Anyone else having these issues?
were the us bank VGC bought at a fashionable place?

i was thinking of making a trip tomorrow to see old simon but if there are issues from overload might be best to wait...
Old Jun 20, 14, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
First step in the immediate shutdown.
Old Jun 20, 14, 6:24 pm

Bought Simon Mall Visa Debit cards at a Simon mall today. Called just now and did not have any problem with changing the PINs.
Old Jun 20, 14, 6:34 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by bkiminfinity View Post
were the us bank VGC bought at a fashionable place?

i was thinking of making a trip tomorrow to see old simon but if there are issues from overload might be best to wait...
Nope mine were purchased at my local place that sells me food items. Hopefully it get's fixed soon.
Old Jun 20, 14, 6:42 pm

US Bank Vis Debit Card Activation Issues

Same issue on one that I purchased today. They just told me to fax in all the info and the copies of the card.

I purchase these cards all the time at the same location and this is my first issue.
Old Jun 20, 14, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Looks like two down, 1 to go..
Old Jun 20, 14, 10:15 pm

Tried to use Simon Visa Debit Card on Kate today. No go after entering my 4-digit pin as Kate kept asking me for a 9 digit pin. Walked a few steps to purchase MO. It all worked out.
Old Jun 21, 14, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by tommyhtown View Post
Tried to use Simon Visa Debit Card on Kate today. No go after entering my 4-digit pin as Kate kept asking me for a 9 digit pin. Walked a few steps to purchase MO. It all worked out.
I had that happen before (9 digit pin) at Kate. It was over a month ago, well before the recent systems "upgrade". Sounds like just a temp machine glitch. Went to cashier and loaded BB with no issues.
Old Jun 21, 14, 7:29 am

No problem here. yet....

loaded 2 two serve and two to bb yesterrday at wm atm
Old Jun 21, 14, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, BA, Delta, Hyatt Diamond, Jetblue Mosaic, Southwest Companion, SPG Plat, United
Had a horrible time getting about 8 US Bank MC GCs activated bought from two different stores (non mall location). Literally took over a month to get them activated. Had to send in documentation, call 4 times. Huge nightmare.
Old Jun 21, 14, 4:22 pm

I had this problem yesterday as well. I agree...this is the new thing that's gonna get killed. Not sharing more information until I know things stabilize.
Old Jun 21, 14, 5:18 pm

Went to my favorite grocer in texas to buy mo... no longer accept these cards today. Sounds like a bad omen?
Old Jun 22, 14, 2:36 pm

I bought four $500 US bank gift cards at Kroger. Only 3 of the four were activated. When I called they confirmed that they are having activation issues at the moment.

Because they were all in the same transcation, shouldn't they have all been activated? Doesn't this indicate that the problem is on the Kroger side of things?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: