Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank Visa Debit Card Activation Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
I bought four $500 US bank gift cards at Kroger. Only 3 of the four were activated. When I called they confirmed that they are having activation issues at the moment.

Because they were all in the same transcation, shouldn't they have all been activated? Doesn't this indicate that the problem is on the Kroger side of things?
Nah, this issue has happened about a month ago. Shame it keeps happening though. My cards were all activated a 2-4 days later and I had to fax in info about the unactivated cards. They put the money back on those unfunded cards a few days after that fax.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:34 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Ugh... we're going on 4 days and they still aren't activated. I'll give them a call to see what the latest update is.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:43 pm

Bought two last night at a grocer and loaded fine to BB right after.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Ugh... we're going on 4 days and they still aren't activated. I'll give them a call to see what the latest update is.
Did you fax them all the info yet?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
Bought two last night at a grocer and loaded fine to BB right after.
Yes as most do. But this is a thread about how they DIDNT activate and the next steps.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:19 pm

For those of you that purchased your cards from a Kroger that have activation issues, call the number listed on the activation receipt that connects you to Kroger CSRs. They can resend the activation signal. I had them do this for me at the customer service desk last month when this same issue arose. If I had known that I could have called myself it would have saved me the hour in Kroger.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:20 pm
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Just an update... Tried again to look at the card online and it did not work. Called in and spoke with a CSR. They were able to activate it manually. After that I was able to set the pin and all is working fine now. Hopefully there are not any more issues.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:01 pm

US Bank Vis Debit Card Activation Issues

I faxed all info yesterday, funds available today!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:12 pm

Same issue with me, and has happened for the first time - bought a $500 MC and the receipt printed saying "manual activation required". Called the CS from the store itself and they asked for all the info faxed over and made no estimation as to how long will it take to sort out. Thinking of calling Amex and dispute the charge and be done. Thoughts?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by nutumiles
Same issue with me, and has happened for the first time - bought a $500 MC and the receipt printed saying "manual activation required". Called the CS from the store itself and they asked for all the info faxed over and made no estimation as to how long will it take to sort out. Thinking of calling Amex and dispute the charge and be done. Thoughts?
If you want to potentially kill your store's relationship that sells you these cards then feel free.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by nutumiles
This happened to me in June where they didn't activate. Faxed the info to them and two hours later I got a call they had been activated and were ready to use.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by XtraPerks
This happened to me in June where they didn't activate. Faxed the info to them and two hours later I got a call they had been activated and were ready to use.
Got it....thanks for another data point. Will take this route myself, I guess!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
I bought 3 $500 US Bank MC GCs at local Giant today. My credit card was charged but the store receipt next to each GC had a line saying “Not approved”. Also no GC activation slips were printed. CSR offered either to issue a refund or had me fax all supporting info to US Bank and have them activate cards manually. I chose a refund and will try another store tomorrow. CSR said that this was a first time he experienced such issue.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I bought 3 $500 US Bank MC GCs at local Giant today. My credit card was charged but the store receipt next to each GC had a line saying “Not approved”. Also no GC activation slips were printed. CSR offered either to issue a refund or had me fax all supporting info to US Bank and have them activate cards manually. I chose a refund and will try another store tomorrow. CSR said that this was a first time he experienced such issue.
I tried to buy some US Bank MC GCs at my local grocery store this morning and the receipt on the first 2 had the exact same line. I was pretty nervous too. Luckily, it was the store manger that knows me well ringing up my purchase and she noticed before even handing me the receipt (the register acted differently - no small 2nd receipt confirming activation, which probably tipped her off). I was hoping she would offer me a cash/check refund - instant MS! But, she was able to activate non-US Bank GCs for me.

So, I think there was a problem on US Bank's end with activations today.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:56 pm
XP1

Tried to buy 2 US Bank MasterCards at Acme today. Both activation failed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.