Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vinhboy
UNDEAD - All Cards for Sale Online Were Pulled By MetaBank, But Some May Once Again Be Available (see #374)

Doctor of Credit has detailed write up here

Limits
MasterCard gift card: $1,000 limit, $4.95 activation fee
Travel MasterCard card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee
Reloadable Visa card: $3 monthly fee, loads every 7 days.
Youth card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee & $3 monthly fee

It looks like you can also do ATM withdrawals with the travel card (cost of $1.50 per withdrawal), this could come in handy if you have any owner/operator fee free ATMs near you. To view these cards follow these instructions:

Buy It
Go to https://www.metabank.com/personal/cards
Click “Buy MasterCard Gift Cards online”

PIN
- Yes you can set a pin

Cash Advance
- BOA, Chase, Barclay Arrival are purchases, No CA
- Citi and US Bank are Cash Advances, Yes CA
- Discover, No CA, ref (make sure you CA limit is not set to $0) ref

Features & Other
- Walmart billpay works with this card (Chase and Barclay confirmed)
- Evolve does not recognize the MC as debit
- Reloadable Visa works with Evolve
- Reloadable Visa works with BB.
- Temporary shutdowns have occurred.
- Once you have used the temp card, a card with your name will be sent to you about a week later.

***Contrary to Terms, 1k in loads are possible every 7+ days. Day 1, load. Next 7 days, loads are not possible due to "exceeding the limit in a 7 day period." After 7 days have passed, another online load is possible. Online myprepaidbalance.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover.***
Print Wikipost

Buying Metabank Gift Cards online

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
TWG said he's bought 4 cards over the past couple of months, so I assume it's been making the rounds on the private forums/PM communities for awhile now.

He also said the following:

Bank of America and Chase cards run as purchases.
Citi and US Bank run as cash advances.

Will be interesting to see how the whole thing plays out, I'm doing other things with MS at the moment. Really only did one test purchase so I had a hard data point. Another handy back up if it sticks around and something I might put into more regular rotation after experimenting with it a bit.

Don't hit it too hard guys and it'll stick around.
Thanks, didn't realize that. Interested in Barclay's then if anyone has datapoints.

I figured it was established since a poster wanted it to "die", but just thought it was an interesting method to get introduced to the larger public
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Great, it's all over:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/

This guy needs to be banned.
I take it these guys make more money from ads/clicks then what they would from keeping the ideas off their sites and doing the deals themselves (like HIGC...mint...) cause everything gets stopped right after it's posted.

Joke's on them though, I use .......
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Honestly, this isn't that lucrative. $5 for $1000 at best. TD bank is way better. USBUxx equivalent. This isn't a crazy steal, just another avenue. And, frankly$200 VGCs after visa edge discount from office stores is still cheaper (albeit more work, but also quicker magnified return). So, don't go jumping crazy on this b/c "people" are. Think about it.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:17 am
Suspended

Great, it's all over:

Wait, so it appears on Reddit, and then our own Doctor of Credit (as in the person who's discussing it in this thread) posts it and then View picks it up and THAT'S when you think it's all over the place?

Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:21 am

Great, it's all over:

Banned from? From FT?
I guess it's possible since he's no longer a Senior Moderator or the FT Talkboard President.

I hear he's trolling around Milepoint, too
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Honestly, this isn't that lucrative. $5 for $1000 at best. TD bank is way better. USBUxx equivalent. This isn't a crazy steal, just another avenue. And, frankly$200 VGCs after visa edge discount from office stores is still cheaper (albeit more work, but also quicker magnified return). So, don't go jumping crazy on this b/c "people" are. Think about it.
I agree 100%, this is why I didn't jump.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Amex are far more profitable for base 1x cards or 5x at drugstore, pass
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Fuerza

1k denomination is easier to liquidate, you can finish 5k~10k in a matter of 10,15 minutes. The same cannot be said for 25-50 $200 VGCs. It's up to what ppl prefer, less profit faster turnaround, or vice versa. TD and USB have limits.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:53 am
Suspended

For people unable to do split payments, this could be a big advantage.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
For people unable to do split payments, this could be a big advantage.
Sure, but even at 3x of a 500 dollar card you are ahead of this unless the fee for the unload is insane. It looks nice, and is the closest to the free days of Chase, but in the end the newer options are better IMHO. Another tool to use if other avenues close for sure.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by kenshinluo
1k denomination is easier to liquidate, you can finish 5k~10k in a matter of 10,15 minutes. The same cannot be said for 25-50 $200 VGCs. It's up to what ppl prefer, less profit faster turnaround, or vice versa. TD and USB have limits.
I'll take $504.95 at 5% over $1004.95 at a best 2 points any day. If you are using these cards to load BB or Serve it is a waste IMO. If MO's are you bag then by all means.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
suitable for a quick 'min spend' but for churning the CL not worth it, if U have Ink and AmEx old.
Last year Chase GCs were free!
This card has limitations to pick up large volumes. So, guys relax no worries.
When any new idea/program is picked up by bloggers, they get paid because some one wants to promote it. we are the marketing target, it does not die - but gets main stream popular, that's the intention.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by prasha11
suitable for a quick 'min spend' but for churning the CL not worth it, if U have Ink and AmEx old.
Last year Chase GCs were free!
This card has limitations to pick up large volumes. So, guys relax no worries.
When any new idea/program is picked up by bloggers, they get paid because some one wants to promote it. we are the marketing target, it does not die - but gets main stream popular, that's the intention.
You really think Metabank is paying the bloggers to post about this?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by steventravel
You really think Metabank is paying the bloggers to post about this?
He also thinks the Gov't in in cahoots with credit card issuers and the banking industry in order to steal money from people engaged in MS.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:28 am

The fact this isn't a fantastic deal is what gives me hope it can last being public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.