Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vinhboy
UNDEAD - All Cards for Sale Online Were Pulled By MetaBank, But Some May Once Again Be Available (see #374)

Doctor of Credit has detailed write up here

Limits
MasterCard gift card: $1,000 limit, $4.95 activation fee
Travel MasterCard card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee
Reloadable Visa card: $3 monthly fee, loads every 7 days.
Youth card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee & $3 monthly fee

It looks like you can also do ATM withdrawals with the travel card (cost of $1.50 per withdrawal), this could come in handy if you have any owner/operator fee free ATMs near you. To view these cards follow these instructions:

Buy It
Go to https://www.metabank.com/personal/cards
Click “Buy MasterCard Gift Cards online”

PIN
- Yes you can set a pin

Cash Advance
- BOA, Chase, Barclay Arrival are purchases, No CA
- Citi and US Bank are Cash Advances, Yes CA
- Discover, No CA, ref (make sure you CA limit is not set to $0) ref

Features & Other
- Walmart billpay works with this card (Chase and Barclay confirmed)
- Evolve does not recognize the MC as debit
- Reloadable Visa works with Evolve
- Reloadable Visa works with BB.
- Temporary shutdowns have occurred.
- Once you have used the temp card, a card with your name will be sent to you about a week later.

***Contrary to Terms, 1k in loads are possible every 7+ days. Day 1, load. Next 7 days, loads are not possible due to "exceeding the limit in a 7 day period." After 7 days have passed, another online load is possible. Online myprepaidbalance.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover.***
Print Wikipost

Buying Metabank Gift Cards online

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mreno43
Thanks for the quick replies....giving me second thoughts....will have some spends to meet in Sept, but maybe it's just not worth it.
I still think it's worth it to me. Load with arrival fit 2.2% return and a 1% cost. Not the best ms method, but I'm doubling my money...
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Has anybody been shut down after they submitted all of their information? It seems like that wouldn't be worth it if you were going to quit. I submitted my information and only loaded and unloaded once since then. Then, I loaded once more and have yet to try to unload it, but will try tomorrow.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: SQ
Quick data point from a TC:

My card has been loaded at least 5 times and I've never been shut down.

I do travel a lot and have used the card for MO's in ATL and BOS.

I do also think that the reason it is still working perfectly is because I used it for ATMs in Lima and Bogota when I lost another debit card.

Maybe use this card for a MO when you are out of town and it will avoid the issues.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:38 pm

Is anyone still using these?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Is anyone still using these?
I am. It's not scalable and it's not much, but it sure is easy.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I am. It's not scalable and it's not much, but it sure is easy.
How much are you doing? I still have my reloadable and travel cards but they're collecting dust since I didn't think it was worth the hassle of having to deal with dragon lady?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
How much are you doing? I still have my reloadable and travel cards but they're collecting dust since I didn't think it was worth the hassle of having to deal with dragon lady?
I only have 1 travel card, which is why it isn't scalable. But, I can load $1k every 7 days. It costs $10 (1%) to load and I'm doing it on my Arrival and learning 2.2% (on the $1010). So, I'm earning $22.22 for a cost of $10.

Again, not much, but it gets me travel at less than 1/2 price.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Yeah, that's probably my only card I'd consider using it with. I guess I'll keep them active with a load every once and a while but for the time being I'd rather just add some more NW Buxx teens. Load is only $4 for the same amount.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:21 am

I only have 1 travel card, which is why it isn't scalable. But, I can load $1k every 7 days. It costs $10 (1%) to load and I'm doing it on my Arrival and learning 2.2% (on the $1010). So, I'm earning $22.22 for a cost of $10.

How are you draining the funds? ATM.

I had my card shut down twice and was a serious hassle to get it activated again. Sent in DL, card statements.

They seem to be more concerned with fraud rather than MS but wondering if they shut down again, how long it might take to get the loaded funds back.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by IWOL
How are you draining the funds? ATM.

I had my card shut down twice and was a serious hassle to get it activated again. Sent in DL, card statements.

They seem to be more concerned with fraud rather than MS but wondering if they shut down again, how long it might take to get the loaded funds back.
Bluebird or mo @ wm(which adds. 70 to my cost). Since i sent in dl, statement & ss#, i haven't been shut down again.

Also, forgot to include the .50 fee per transaction in my cost earlier.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by payeco
I have 1 from meta and 1 from a local credit union. Maybe if you only loaded once a month?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:06 am

But how are you unloading?? I tried this as well and got snagged.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:14 am

Bluebird or mo @ wm(which adds. 70 to my cost). Since i sent in dl, statement & ss#, i haven't been shut down again.

Also, forgot to include the .50 fee per transaction in my cost earlier.
This is tempting then. I sent in info then shopped and drained the rest of the card via BB. But it was such a hassle (time-consuming), I've avoided both cards since. I just don't have the time to d#*k around with The Dragon.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:26 pm

these cards are back from the dead but with lower load limit for initial order ($250 only now). Rest everything looks the same ($10 per 1000 after initial load). Good for meeting minimum spends I suppose ?

cheers
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:08 pm

Thanks a lot for posting this. In for one with my Arrival to add to the mix of manufactured spend. Every little bit helps.

Will update when/if I get to speak with Dragon Lady.

Originally Posted by coolblues
these cards are back from the dead but with lower load limit for initial order ($250 only now). Rest everything looks the same ($10 per 1000 after initial load). Good for meeting minimum spends I suppose ?

cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.