Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Swipe reload reversal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Bluebird Swipe reload reversal

I need some advise, last Thursday I tried to load my bluebird card with two $500 simon visa cards. The kiosk was acting a little weird and on the first try with each card the transaction timed out. On the second try with each card the transaction went through, I got the conformation receipts and emails saying both reloads were successful. When I looked at my account it only showed one of the $500 card being applied and there was a transaction that said "Cash Reload Reversal WALMART SWIPE RELOAD" which deducted $500 from my account. I tried calling simon gift cards and they said both cards have been charged for the $500. I tried talking to bluebird and they basically read back my transactions and told me to talk to walmart. I tried talking to the guy at walmart and got no where. Any suggestions on how to get this taken care of so I do not have to eat the $500? Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Presto
I need some advise, last Thursday I tried to load my bluebird card with two $500 simon visa cards. The kiosk was acting a little weird and on the first try with each card the transaction timed out. On the second try with each card the transaction went through, I got the conformation receipts and emails saying both reloads were successful. When I looked at my account it only showed one of the $500 card being applied and there was a transaction that said "Cash Reload Reversal WALMART SWIPE RELOAD" which deducted $500 from my account. I tried calling simon gift cards and they said both cards have been charged for the $500. I tried talking to bluebird and they basically read back my transactions and told me to talk to walmart. I tried talking to the guy at walmart and got no where. Any suggestions on how to get this taken care of so I do not have to eat the $500? Thanks.
I would give it some time at least another day or 2 to verify that the $500 didn't truly get reversed. Sometimes it can take a day or 2 to reverse the funds. After another day or 2, try calling the number on the back of the Simon Visa cards to check your card balances for each of the 2 cards. Do not trash those 2 simon visa cards and definitely keep those 2 receipts until this is resolved.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wait.

Exact same thing happened to me. It may take up to 7 days for fund to be released from your Visa gift card.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK
Just wait.

Exact same thing happened to me. It may take up to 7 days for fund to be released from your Visa gift card.

Thanks that was what I was thinking. Did you have to call in to get the card reactivated or was it automatic?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:10 am

Just wait.

Did you ever get an explanation as to why this happened? Did you go over your $5K/limit? Was the reversal message a way to tell you that you went over the limit?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:11 am

My guess is you went over your limit, but normally that pops right away and disallows the transaction from happening. Anyway, wait and the money will come back
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:14 am

I have seen this before when I tried $1500 in a day...daily limit is $1000, not sure what I was thinking.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raccah
My guess is you went over your limit, but normally that pops right away and disallows the transaction from happening. Anyway, wait and the money will come back
I only tried to load $1000 for the day and I have only loaded $2500 for the month so far. It happened on June 5th so no way I could have hit the 5k monthly limit.

Last edited by Presto; Jun 10, 2014 at 9:34 am
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:27 am

I only tried to load $1000 for the day and I have only loaded $2500 for the month so far. It happened on June 4th so no way I could have hit the 5k monthly limit.
What time of day did you do the load? Sometimes we mistake the cutoff time, 8PM or 9PM on west coast and 12 at east coast
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raccah
What time of day did you do the load? Sometimes we mistake the cutoff time, 8PM or 9PM on west coast and 12 at east coast
6pm central time. I did not loaded anything on the 4th.

Here is what it looks like in the account.

Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks that was what I was thinking. Did you have to call in to get the card reactivated or was it automatic?
It was automatic. Just sit tight.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Did you ever get an explanation as to why this happened? Did you go over your $5K/limit? Was the reversal message a way to tell you that you went over the limit?
No. Nothing to do with limit. My guess is just a system glitch.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

It was automatic. Just sit tight.

Thanks. I appreciate all the advice.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Just wait.

I had cash reload reversal due to transaction time out while loading at the kiosk with 500 VGC. I went to another WM about 1 hour later and loaded successfully using the same BB and VGC. Only when I got home and checked my BB account I saw the first swipe reload and then corresponding reversal. So in my case the funds on my VGC either got returned pretty much immediately or were never deducted.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Ditch the hobby.
Especially if eating $500 is scary to you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.