Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

The best cash-back portal?? which one u like it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

I tried couple cash-back portals, and all has some issues. I am just wondering which cash-back portal is the most reliable.
I made a list and my opinions, anyone can help me to update the list and give us the best way to get our real cashback.

1. Shop Discover , Chase Ultimate Mall and other Bank Portal
So far, this is the only shopping portal I feel most reliable. I got 80 percent of cashback in the next statement. They do not has the best cashback offer, but they always get my money back to my pocket.

Disadvantages: any one can share some personal experiences about the bank portals ?

2. Ebates
I did more than 10 transactions through their link. I got some money from them. I am not really care about the pending time if all the right amount can show on my account.
But, I made a 1000 dollar purchase on ashford.com through them one month ago. Nothing show up. I cant find a way to contact them about my transactions.

3. Topcashback
They offered a free Blu ray movie couple months ago. I did couple transactions through them. At least all my cashback is pending on the account now. It just taking forever.....

4. BigCrumbs
I did one amex gift card transactions . Two months passed, nothing showing on my account. I hate them!!!! Waste my money. I spend extra money to liquidate the amex card too.

Questions:
Which shopping portal allow user to use a merchandise gift card to make a purchase and get cashback ?
I do some gift card purchase to earn my grocery store gas points. I know topcashback do not give cashback if I am using a gift card to purchase. Which portals allows me to use the gift card to make a purchase and get cashback at the same time ??
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:30 pm

I have found lots of helpful portal info at Frequent Miler's laboratory.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
I have found lots of helpful portal info at Frequent Miler's laboratory.
^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Many rip on bloggers, yet this a way miler has really contributed to the art of this as you needed a repository for this stuff.....
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:33 pm

bigcrumbs is my current favorite since it gave me > $120 on an AGC order that was denied. Doesn't seem too repeatable though!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I like the one paying the most. I've only ever had issue not tracking with ShopDiscover. I have used BeFrugal, TCB, BigCrumbs, SD, Chase, Delta, and Lucky Rewards. But with private browsing, I've always tracked.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
I like the one paying the most. I've only ever had issue not tracking with ShopDiscover.
Agree on both counts. Overall, my top three seem to be ShopDiscover, Chase, and Ebates.

I have had some problems with things posting to SD, but I have found their customer service extremely responsive. (Essentially, I've always ended up getting credit.)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:32 am

I keep a record of all my portal transactions, have used all listed above, so far only have problem with shopathome, I used them 3 times, had to email them every darn time to get the right cash back amount.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:47 am

My personal favorite cash back sites :

1- PandaCashBack : This is the site i usually go to when i want to shop online, have made over 100 transaction with them. They have a good support team, since most of my transactions through the site are big, I am getting support from the site admin who tend to reply to my concerns with 12 hours on average.

2- Mr.Rebates : I use them often as well whenever i can't find a store on panda. I never reached out to their support nor did they. Since I am getting my checks from them I can't complaint

3- Fatwallet : this site tend to be my # 3, and i use them only if i am shopping at Amazon or eBay since the other two don't have them. Although site seems more of a deal sites, i feel the number of item menus are overwhelming (at least for me it is)

Now with this being said, i doubt any cash back site offer rebate when you use a gift card ( because this tend to be a store policy not a rebate website policy ).
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by onegoodman25
My personal favorite cash back sites :

1- PandaCashBack : This is the site i usually go to when i want to shop online, have made over 100 transaction with them. They have a good support team, since most of my transactions through the site are big, I am getting support from the site admin who tend to reply to my concerns with 12 hours on average.

2- Mr.Rebates : I use them often as well whenever i can't find a store on panda. I never reached out to their support nor did they. Since I am getting my checks from them I can't complaint

3- Fatwallet : this site tend to be my # 3, and i use them only if i am shopping at Amazon or eBay since the other two don't have them. Although site seems more of a deal sites, i feel the number of item menus are overwhelming (at least for me it is)

Now with this being said, i doubt any cash back site offer rebate when you use a gift card ( because this tend to be a store policy not a rebate website policy ).
Does Amazon only count for home goods and clothes purchases for FatWallet?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Shop Discover is awesome. I freaking love it.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:04 pm

I can't answer your question about which portal allows you to use a gift card and still get cash back, however I use Mr Rebates and have been happy with them. Their support is good too - I had an instance where I made a large ticket purchase which didn't get credited properly, and after providing the receipt screenshot they credited the full % back to my account.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by fwoomp
Agree on both counts. Overall, my top three seem to be ShopDiscover, Chase, and Ebates.

I have had some problems with things posting to SD, but I have found their customer service extremely responsive. (Essentially, I've always ended up getting credit.)
Thanks for this -- it heartens me to try to reclaim some money. Was your purchase thru the portal made with Discover? All or part?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by AveApostle
Thanks for this -- it heartens me to try to reclaim some money. Was your purchase thru the portal made with Discover? All or part?
Yes, I pay entirely with Discover on SD--I was under the impression that you need to, but I'm not entirely sure anymore. The first time credit went missing, it was a small purchase, I sent in the form explaining that I couldn't find some of the information they needed for that vendor. They wrote back explaining in very precise detail how to find the additional information they needed. I found it, submitted it (and thanked them for the excellent instructions), and got the credit.

Next time with the same vendor, no problems--immediate credit. Third time, same vendor, substantial purchase (over $1k), didn't process. Filled out the form, knowing where to find all the info that time, got credited, no questions asked.

They do require you to wait the two statement cycles or whatever (the specific amount of time is on their site somewhere).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
For me, I like whichever has the best cashback for that store. There are websites like cashbackportal.com or cashbackmonitor.com that show the cashback rate for several stores and you can just choose one.

Personally, I do like ShopDiscover because they tend to have the best rates. I also love ShopAtHome. If they participate with that store and you find another rate at a non-paid portal (i.e. no ShopDiscover or credit card portal or even Upromise), they will match it 110%. I have had little issue with them giving me my 110% and the few times that I have, I just email them and they quickly fixed.

I also like Upromise for the 10% yearly bonus. I signed up for their High Yield Savings acct due to this reason and that I have the Sallie Mae MasterCard. This makes all my grocery, gas, and Amazon purchases 5.5% cashback. Well close to it since the 10% is added as interest.

Last edited by cdancer20; Jun 11, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:55 pm

shop discover question

I just received my Discover card. Do I need to pay for the purchase with my Discover card to get the extra cash back by shopping through the Shop Discover portal, or can I use any credit card?

Also, to add to the comments on the different portals, Upromise seems to consistently have the best percentage rebate but the lowest chance of your purchase being reported.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.