Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much do you make

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:19 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
amex for target... and tmobile prepaid... EM = evolve money... PPC = paypal mycash?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, UA Prem1K, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Watch for the lightining or you may get struck!
Wife and I are still going strong and we both easily surpass that each month. I spend ~1-2 hours per day on average. That is including all the bank runs, store runs, and the spreadsheet upkeep on transactions....more like a part-time hobby that pays very well. I am very anal and keep extremely detailed records, or it would not be that much time spent.
Thanks for a pretty good an honest answer. Q: at that rate any issues with FR or shutdowns/ bans?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:39 pm

Watch for the lightining or you may get struck!
Wife and I are still going strong and we both easily surpass that each month. I spend ~1-2 hours per day on average. That is including all the bank runs, store runs, and the spreadsheet upkeep on transactions....more like a part-time hobby that pays very well. I am very anal and keep extremely detailed records, or it would not be that much time spent.
I am the exact same way. But my gf won't get credit cards or sign up for anything for me, so I do everything solo. I spend a lot of useless time on spreadsheet upkeep because I need to make sure it is all accounted for. At the same time I do this mostly during the day at my full time job that pays me to do nothing all day
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:43 pm

I could be making millions per month if I stopped dithering around reading blogs and websites about MS thinking there's just one more "secret" I have to discover. The secret probably is to get up off my arse, do more and find my comfort level. Maybe because I usually channel Joe Btfsplk, I'm skittish.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I am the exact same way. But my gf won't get credit cards or sign up for anything for me, so I do everything solo. I spend a lot of useless time on spreadsheet upkeep because I need to make sure it is all accounted for. At the same time I do this mostly during the day at my full time job that pays me to do nothing all day
lol nice whats your day job?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
simple solution to the gf problem...leave her at home when you travel or make her pay her own way and then let her see how little you spent compared to her
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
simple solution to the gf problem...leave her at home when you travel or make her pay her own way and then let her see how little you spent compared to her
I'd get a new one, but that's just me.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by lad2
ditto
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Doing spreadsheet upkeep may seem like useless time, but I promise, it is not.

I find when I did not do my spreadsheet, the amount of ms suffered greatly, then you spend even more time trying to figure out what all gets paid.... Especially if you charge to multiple credit cards and deposit to multiple bank accounts.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
Might be hard, at least at first. Going on a date, then you just have to make a detour to two CVSs to buy large amounts of gift cards, asking is she minds stopping at some walmarts on the way there and back, going to a Target, and then explaining in great detail why this is so wonderful. Some people, strangely, don't see this as attractive.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
Might be hard, at least at first. Going on a date, then you just have to make a detour to two CVSs to buy large amounts of gift cards, asking is she minds stopping at some walmarts on the way there and back, going to a Target, and then explaining in great detail why this is so wonderful. Some people, strangely, don't see this as attractive.
what are you talking about bro? if she aint MSin on the first date, she's gettin kicked to the curb. aint nobody got time fo dat gotta roll efficient.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by calvn911
Thanks for a pretty good an honest answer. Q: at that rate any issues with FR or shutdowns/ bans?
not yet...knock on wood
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Doing spreadsheet upkeep may seem like useless time, but I promise, it is not.

I find when I did not do my spreadsheet, the amount of ms suffered greatly, then you spend even more time trying to figure out what all gets paid.... Especially if you charge to multiple credit cards and deposit to multiple bank accounts.
spreadsheets are good.

except when I put it in, I tend to forget all about it.

for me checking expenses and balances is way more useful.

but to each their own.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MaineCoon
spreadsheets are good.

except when I put it in, I tend to forget all about it.

for me checking expenses and balances is way more useful.

but to each their own.
Spreadsheets are mandatory if you are running any kind of serious #'s. If you are ever audited...you will wish you had detailed spreadsheets showing where all the $ is coming from/going to.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: Several dozen
Gotta have those spreadsheets with volume. And not just for auditing, as you heed to keep a handle on the business - credit line utilization, payment due dates, account names and passwords, etc. For those passwords do not record the password but record a reference to the password that might help you recall it.

Spreadsheets are mandatory if you are running any kind of serious #'s. If you are ever audited...you will wish you had detailed spreadsheets showing where all the $ is coming from/going to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.