Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much do you make

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by agharaibeh
$40,000 per month!!!!! That's hilarious! Still, that's about $500 in cash back with lots and lots of work. I am not sure it is worth it.
Yeah all my MS is optimized for at least 5x-6x cash or points, so this is at least $2000, though usually more with some travel redemption.

I've learned to minimize time spend buying and unloading and pass on things with a low payoff/time-to-unload ratio. I don't go to WM since the closest one is 40 min away. I'm also willing to cut into profit if it means faster unloading time. You have to figure out which channels are best for unloading which types of MS and at which dollar amounts (i.e. certain methods are much faster when it comes to unloading small dollar gift cards vs others)

Once you figure out a system to buy/unload large amounts efficiently it is pretty effortless.

Also helps that every store I need to hit up is within a .5 mile radius of home or work
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
A Franklin stove?
No BBQ...

Hungry now
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:10 am
xp0

Exactly. It is even less time if you are able to weave this into your full time job's route.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by birdhands
That's one way. Listen, if you continue in this same vein you are going to get seriously flamed. Don't say you weren't warned.
care to elaborate? do you mean if I continue MSing I wil get seriously flamed?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa
...You can easily do $40k a month between a spousal unit, without ever touching a money order...
Let me guess... 10k BB + 10k AFT + 10K EM + 10k(+) TM + 8k PPC + ... you could run 100k+ per month without MO.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:23 pm

I'm up around 60k a month.

I don't do it in the most efficient way - to date, I haven't bothered with online purchases, portals, or any of that jazz. $15k through VR to Bluebird and about 45k through MO. Obviously do easy little things like AP.

I spread my spending around various cards and issuers even if that isn't the best point per dollar return as long as its profitable and worth my time to do so - I feel that is important to remaining under the radar. I pay off my balances several times each month and keep my reported utilization at 2-4%.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: CITI, Barclay, Fidelity Amex, CC
Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
care to elaborate? do you mean if I continue MSing I wil get seriously flamed?
Not at all. I noticed that you were asking a lot of newbie questions and was trying to help you avoid a brutal tonguelashing. Look up flamed.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by birdhands
Not at all. I noticed that you were asking a lot of newbie questions and was trying to help you avoid a brutal tonguelashing. Look up flamed.
i'm a newbie
still trying to find my way in this game
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:56 pm

I do $1500 a month through serve (just me) and $2000 through AP (my wife and myself).

So $42,000 a year of MS and that's it. If I have to leave the house or go to Walmart too much hassle for me. Everything else I spend goes on CC as well.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by slider34
I do $1500 a month through serve (just me) and $2000 through AP (my wife and myself).

So $42,000 a year of MS and that's it. If I have to leave the house or go to Walmart too much hassle for me. Everything else I spend goes on CC as well.
Nice, same for me. Except I do $1k Serve without ISIS.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 4:12 pm

I'm going to break the huge numbers trend here. $200 a month on $4000 spend.

I just pick up a $500 VGC every grocery trip, MO on the way out.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Consider yourself struck. You need to be in tight with your banksters.

It will strike me if one is to do this for more than a couple of years without being either shut down or having to answer to IRS or any other agency out there.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:45 pm

I save $1000 in gas a month just MS at my favorite gas stations. Which does not include the CB or MR profits from the regular MS.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
If it is a $100K per month, at 4% (5% less 1% fees)....that's about $4,000 per month. Obviously, when someone does this, they have to cycle $100,000 in cash deposits in various bank accounts PER MONTH. That's over a million dollars in incoming and outgoing wires. That's like a full time job to buy/liquidate to cash and then pay the credit cards with that cash! Not to mention all the bells and whistles that OFAC looks at along with other branchs from the government that looks at suspecious bank deposits along with suspecious wire transfers. It will strike me if one is to do this for more than a couple of years without being either shut down or having to answer to IRS or any other agency out there.
Watch for the lightining or you may get struck!
Wife and I are still going strong and we both easily surpass that each month. I spend ~1-2 hours per day on average. That is including all the bank runs, store runs, and the spreadsheet upkeep on transactions....more like a part-time hobby that pays very well. I am very anal and keep extremely detailed records, or it would not be that much time spent.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by spgbus
Let me guess... 10k BB + 10k AFT + 10K EM + 10k(+) TM + 8k PPC + ... you could run 100k+ per month without MO.
What does AFT and TM stand for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.