Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walmart Buck$ ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Walmart Buck$ ?

What the heck is this? It shows up in an e-mail after I transfer $ from a OV to my BB at WM:

You've successfully transferred your Walmart Savings Catcher Credit to the Walmart® Buck$ balance in your Bluebird Account.

Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:19 pm

I've been following the forum for the past few weeks, and made an account just to say that I got the same email after depositing some funds at Wal-Mart.

I've only used my BB twice so I thought this was normal.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

I maxed out my BBs the first week of May, so this is my first visit back to WM since then. I usually would just get the standard e-mails:

"The money you wanted to load from your Bluebird POS Reload to your Bluebird Account was deposited."

But today I am getting these new e-mails referring to "Walmart Buck$" ???
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:53 am

yup - saw that too, maybe a rebrand of bb???
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:59 am

I got those emails too....
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here today along with normal bb reload successful emails..
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by azepine00
Same here today along with normal bb reload successful emails..
+1
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:17 am

One, I would like you guys know you can call AMEX and ask these questions when something new happens and you weren't notified about it. It's what I just finished doing, although hold times are horrible sometimes. I also received this email and first thing I did this morning before getting ready to get breakfast is ask them about it. What the agent said is that it's some sort of new program for Wal-Mart, but he doesn't have the information yet.

He said to call back in two to three business days. From the way he is talking, it appears that this a new program that probably shouldn't have been rolled out and someone started it early. If I had to guess, it's a rewards program. You spend money at wal-mart, you get money back type of thing. If that's the case -- it's freaking awesome. We'll see I guess though.

Last edited by morbidgod; Jun 3, 2014 at 5:27 am Reason: Needed to give more info
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:23 am

Thank god for FT! You guys have given me more info than Bluebird cust. service! lol
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
At least in my case, I received the same Walmart Buck$ email yesterday, but not when I loaded on June 1st. I also received the standard reload email on Both days as usual.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
I received the same thing last night and decided to check my bb. The 1k was there and according to the email its some sort of walmart/bb cash program. As someone else stated earlier you can use it at walmart and walmart.com only but not sure exactly how it works.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:55 am

can you still pay bills, etc?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
When I googled it it appears to be a price dropper program if you buy something at walmart with bluebird and the price drops it adds a walmart only credit to bob then next time you shop at Walmart it uses that credit first then the bb balance so it will be of no interest to us just an added benefit to bb true targeted audience
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:30 am

Does the email come to the email associated with your Bluebird account?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Originally Posted by rabatt
Does the email come to the email associated with your Bluebird account?
Yes it comes to the email that is associated with your bb card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.