Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

WARNING THIS IS A SIlly/ withdraw money at atm with VGC

WARNING THIS IS A SIlly/ withdraw money at atm with VGC

Old May 31, 14, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Smile WARNING THIS IS A SIlly/ withdraw money at atm with VGC

I know this is silly but has anyone been silly enough to try and stick a VGC/MC into regular ATM machine enter pin just to see what happens?

I know it's silly but it's almost as silly to think that citi would be able to process payments with them over the phone.
But that actually works...
anyways

I gave fair warning this is almost an unreal scenario, BUT..

Last edited by rgAAFT; May 31, 14 at 1:18 pm
Old May 31, 14, 12:36 pm

What are these "Automatic Teller Machine Machines" that you speak of?

Bank of America's collections department will accept a debit card as well. A lot of collection agencies prefer a debit card because if the transaction is successful, they get their money, and it's easy for the consumer.
Old May 31, 14, 12:46 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
afaik I know citi cant process VGC payments over the phone.

and if you actually took the time to read the package or even the back of the card, you will see VGCs and similar cards have no atm/cash access... try em all you want at an atm, they wont work. unless you've found some kinda workaround.

mods plz lock and del thread.
Old May 31, 14, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
afaik I know citi cant process VGC payments over the phone.

and if you actually took the time to read the package or even the back of the card, you will see VGCs and similar cards have no atm/cash access... try em all you want at an atm, they wont work. unless you've found some kinda workaround.

mods plz lock and del thread.

Thats way to harsh
Why state the obvious
I know quite well what the capabilities are of these things are. I just wanted to know if somebody at one point did try (just for fun or otherwise) to withdraw money directly from ATM's such as WF just to see how the machine would react...
PS for your information I also know full well what citi loading capabilities are. For it was I with some help from KennyBSAT that initially reported that "some" prepaids work with citi

Last edited by rgAAFT; May 31, 14 at 9:49 pm
Old May 31, 14, 1:04 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by rgAAFT View Post
PS for your information I also know full well what citi loading capabilities are. For it was I with some help from kennybeast that initially reported that "some" prepaids work with citi
which prepaids did you discover work with Citi?
Old May 31, 14, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
which prepaids did you discover work with Citi?
Come on,

Now you are just being difficult because you want to be...
Go back to post #1 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bit-cards.html

and you may also want to re read the initial conversation on citi AA executive thread
Old May 31, 14, 1:22 pm

Yes, I tried it and I withdraw money every day. No fee either. Only works on certain, rare ATMs which I will not reveal unless you PM me your SSN.
Old May 31, 14, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jewsus View Post
Yes, I tried it and I withdraw money every day. No fee either. Only works on certain, rare ATMs which I will not reveal unless you PM me your SSN.
Old May 31, 14, 2:19 pm

Not funny at all. If they figure this one out heads will roll.
Old May 31, 14, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QL_714 View Post
Not funny at all. If they figure this one out heads will roll.

Now you have my attention...
PM requested
Old May 31, 14, 8:36 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
why would anyone try it when it says NO CASH BACK on the card packaging?
Old May 31, 14, 8:37 pm
jmw

When I was a kid, I tried to play 25 cent arcade machines for free and to get free sodas from vending machines. I didn't ask my parents for permission or tell my friends. I just did it. Later on, I experimented with skee ball machines, dave and buster games, IGT slot machines, Kate, etc. Take a real wild guess if I tried to ATM with VGC. I don't think it's silly to do it. I do think its silly if you only plan to do it once and not study the aftermath.
Old May 31, 14, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw View Post
When I was a kid, I tried to play 25 cent arcade machines for free and to get free sodas from vending machines. I didn't ask my parents for permission or tell my friends. I just did it. Later on, I experimented with skee ball machines, dave and buster games, IGT slot machines, Kate, etc. Take a real wild guess if I tried to ATM with VGC. I don't think it's silly to do it. I do think its silly if you only plan to do it once and not study the aftermath.
Interesting take
And may I ask, what were your findings?
Old May 31, 14, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Some people have been able to buy a candy or some other tiny item at some grocery stores and get cash back. ATM transactions should not work, good luck.
Old May 31, 14, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT View Post
Some people have been able to buy a candy or some other tiny item at some grocery stores and get cash back. ATM transactions should not work, good luck.
Even if that does work, how many times would you really want to buy a $0.99 pack of gum and ask for $499.01 back? That is hella suspicious. I'm sure the most a cashier typically ever sees in a request for cash back is $100 or so. You could get away with a few times saying you're trying to avoid the ATM fees but after that people are going to start taking notice because cashiers are going to have to start getting their drawers refilled more frequently.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: