Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:17 pm

delete

Last edited by carpentry4thought; Jun 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm Reason: and it's back ...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:20 pm

I called Bluebird for this WM debit card loading issue and they suggested me to add Debit card into Bluebird as the funding source. ==> I got the same error message for not able to load OV debit card into Bluebird.

Is it a Bluebird issue?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
Is it wrong to feel good when this stuff happens?
no. it means you were right
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by adminds
So another plunge in CVS' sales, since most Vanilla VGCs and OVs are bought from CVS?
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Since they only make a couple $'s per card....not even a drop in the bucket
You are confusing Profit with Sales
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Bump. I got a $200 fixed value VISA gift card by Meta Bank from the Vons/Safeway deal.
Can I liquidate it at Walmart in one $200 transaction to buy a MO, or do I have to do two or more transactions like the OV's?

Also, for a Meta Bank card, the instructions say, "Your initial pin is the last 4 digits of your card number."

Do they mean the number on the front of the card, or the last four digits on the activation code receipt which looks something like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234? (not the actual number of course.)

Please be kind. I'm only doing MS'ing to meet a minimum spend, not compete with the money-making people.
Still working. Can do one transaction for $199.30 MO + $0.70 fee

Pin is last 4 of the card number on the front
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

stupid things of MS vol. 1:

--why does everybody insist on mentioning grocery stores in here? STOP IT! STOP IT!

--why do people go out and buy $10k in OVs and not have a contingency plan to burn those? Do people really actually rely on and solely plan on only one place and one way to burn stuff? And that much? I mean c'mon. I have carried large amts with me before but I always have more plans in play and more ways to burn and no I am not going to say here what those are.

--when will all the blogs start talking about this and then mentioning the other methods? You know, to help people (not to get readers who then click on their cc links)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie

Bump. I got a $200 fixed value VISA gift card by Meta Bank from the Vons/Safeway deal.
Can I liquidate it at Walmart in one $200 transaction to buy a MO, or do I have to do two or more transactions like the OV's?

Also, for a Meta Bank card, the instructions say, "Your initial pin is the last 4 digits of your card number."

Do they mean the number on the front of the card, or the last four digits on the activation code receipt which looks something like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234? (not the actual number of course.)

Please be kind. I'm only doing MS'ing to meet a minimum spend, not compete with the money-making people.
You should be fine for 1 transaction.

Last 4 on card itself.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by phsu
I called Bluebird for this WM debit card loading issue and they suggested me to add Debit card into Bluebird as the funding source. ==> I got the same error message for not able to load OV debit card into Bluebird.

Is it a Bluebird issue?
You do realize this is the Money Order thread right? And to answer your question it's a know fact you can't use prepaid card as an online funding source.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
stupid things of MS vol. 1:

--why does everybody insist on mentioning grocery stores in here? STOP IT! STOP IT!

--why do people go out and buy $10k in OVs and not have a contingency plan to burn those? Do people really actually rely on and solely plan on only one place and one way to burn stuff? And that much? I mean c'mon. I have carried large amts with me before but I always have more plans in play and more ways to burn and no I am not going to say here what those are.

--when will all the blogs start talking about this and then mentioning the other methods? You know, to help people (not to get readers who then click on their cc links)
I'm actually mildly entertained by the comments of I bought $10-$20k dollars worth of OV and now I'm stuck. Lol
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
You are confusing Profit with Sales
No I am not, the only figure counted in their SALES is the $4.95 fee
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza
You do realize this is the Money Order thread right? And to answer your question it's a know fact you can't use prepaid card as an online funding source.
BB folks told me wrong info. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fuerza
I'm actually mildly entertained by the comments of I bought $10-$20k dollars worth of OV and now I'm stuck. Lol
what is interesting to me is this:

Many of these people getting stuck with the OV...

I mean, had they been brought up in the MS world to think for themselves and go out and create and invent and test and try, they would by now likely have an answer as to how to best get rid of the GCs they are stuck with and they wouldn't be stuck! But no, many of them only latched on to the efforts of others, read the blogs, followed posts from other people and sat in their offices not going out into the field to toil and learn back when it should have mattered most.

I should say it serves them right but I am not that mean.

Still, we now see WHY it matters to know HOW to MS and think of MS, not just how to follow some circles and arrows and then buy a GC and blindly rely on just one method of burnation.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by phsu
BB folks told me wrong info. Thanks!
Indeed, here. BB thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

Take some time and learn the in and outs, things are changing daily. This stuff isn't for the faint of hearted.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:37 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by skibum7732
No I am not, the only figure counted in their SALES is the $4.95 fee
wrong. stores get a %age of the total value 'loaded' ... one of the reasons CVS raised their limits to $5k/day.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what is interesting to me is this:

Many of these people getting stuck with the OV...

I mean, had they been brought up in the MS world to think for themselves and go out and create and invent and test and try, they would by now likely have an answer as to how to best get rid of the GCs they are stuck with and they wouldn't be stuck! But no, many of them only latched on to the efforts of others, read the blogs, followed posts from other people and sat in their offices not going out into the field to toil and learn back when it should have mattered most.

I should say it serves them right but I am not that mean.

Still, we now see WHY it matters to know HOW to MS and think of MS, not just how to follow some circles and arrows and then buy a GC and blindly rely on just one method of burnation.
The demise of CVS should have been the first warning for everyone.

Walmart shutting down is a major blow! For the new kids Putting all you MS in one product is bad business, period. Depending on one outlet to clear your stock is really bad business. Good luck, and to be honest I hope those guys figure out a solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.