Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Domat
lol at the newbies. Considering recent threads and common sense, newbies or oldbies are just as likely to make a commotion after 2k goes into limbo.
Oh I definitely would! Actually I have calmly made a big deal over $1k. The cashier & manager just gave me the store contact info and told me to call if it doesn't show up the next day.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by thexfactor
You can hit your head on the desk repeatedly, but it won't change the fact that some WMs do code the cashier's in and around groceries as such.

But, hey, knock yourself out.
That's the point. Everyone knows that it is YMMV...at least I thought...
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by commdiver
He is knocking his head on his desk because the information you mentioned is mentioned multiple times throughout this thread.
*high five*
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
That's the point. Everyone knows that it is YMMV...at least I thought...
On these threads, it's bad to assume that anyone knows anything...even when it's written clear as day in a wiki or 3 posts above. SMH.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by f0xx
Hmm.
Do you live in a "heavy MS" area?
Seems to me like the Wally is taking proactive steps on covering it's ....
I suppose. San Francisco Bay Area.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Domat
lol at the newbies. Considering recent threads and common sense, newbies or oldbies are just as likely to make a commotion after 2k goes into limbo.
I probably benefit by limits and/or identity checks, if the alternative is removing the GC option entirely. Not that I expect the company to monitor activity. It's often cheaper to shut it down, like CVS did with VRs.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
Anyone having problems today getting "Alternate form of payment required"?
I tried with two different cashiers at my usual WM, they are very experienced as they sell me MOs every day. First time this has happened.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by fjord
I tried with two different cashiers at my usual WM, they are very experienced as they sell me MOs every day. First time this has happened.
Yes - just made a similar inquiry on the WM BP thread. OVs did not work, but AN debit card did work.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:05 pm

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

I am having the same problem and can you tell me what is AN debit card? Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by oracles4444
I am having the same problem and can you tell me what is AN debit card? Thanks
AccountNow
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by fjord
Same here. Checked balances and everything.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by goblue77
Same here. Checked balances and everything.
Same here...went through entire process then BAM, tender not allowed.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmlsu
Same here...went through entire process then BAM, tender not allowed.
sh*t...
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:25 pm

So, something's not quite right here. For those who are reporting alternate tender screens, please let us know what type of debit cards you are using. Since my AN card did work, wondering whether WM may have finally figured out a way to exclude Vanillas.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:34 pm

Tried loading BB and got the same message. Was attempting to load with Vanilla GC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.