FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   MO Purchases using OV @ WM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1581146-mo-purchases-using-ov-wm.html)

pier11 May 29, 2014 5:07 pm

You people are strange. Discussing OP financial situation on 6 pages. Not the point of the thread.
He reported system update overnight. And at least 1-2 reports in this thread confirm that.

Bill pay already works changed - split amount after swipe/pin, not before swipe as previously. (Some theory that the change is to accommodate cards with chip...)

newuser0 May 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by brero (Post 22946861)
WM was a bit different for me today than normal. I had to "change payment type" with every card I swiped.

Thanks for sharing this. Actually, this sometimes will be uncomfortable. In my WM, the CSR will take the Card, if it gets declined after I swipe from my side.

Then they will swipe from their end, and will return card immediately to me. Again, this transaction also fails. Then, I will have to swipe again from my side to make it success.

newuser0 May 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by pier11 (Post 22946896)
You people are strange. Discussing OP financial situation on 6 pages. Not the point of the thread.
He reported system update overnight. And at least 1-2 reports in this thread confirm that.

Bill pay already works changed - split amount after swipe/pin, not before swipe as previously. (Some theory that the change is to accommodate cards with chip...)

You looks right here. Even my CSR said they are now supporting chip cards.

Chris92128 May 29, 2014 5:14 pm

I want to get some clarification in this thread since it seems to have been muddled by side talk.

1. Can you still buy MOs with VGC at Wally World?

Nottafatslob May 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 22946021)
It has been the prediction of me and other MS lifers that the more this stuff gets blogged about, wiki'd about, and blabbed about all over, the more the following will take place:

Sure, debit pin will exist and all, but stores will stop letting ya use it. There will be things in place to prevent this over time

and here we are.

As long as Goof Ball looking Geeks stand in stores and post photos of signs and racks of cards and show stupid red arrows and charts and graphs this will continue to happen.

All they are worried about is getting those Tens of Thousands of Dollars in referral fees from links like Chase and other CC's pay them. Some CC Companies actually might give you a lower credit limit for using a bloggers link because they assume you might be a little bit ignorant to let him make all that money off of you.

Quit feeding them and like varmits they will leave your yards and areas and you will be able to remain harvesting

warpork May 29, 2014 5:22 pm

I just ran into the same issue at my wally. swipe the OV, went straight to a credit signature and fail. Never used to do this.

Rommie2k6 May 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Has OV changed? It automatically transacts as a credit card. I tried pressing cancel but nothing works

Marathon Man May 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob (Post 22946922)
As long as Goof Ball looking Geeks stand in stores and post photos of signs and racks of cards and show stupid red arrows and charts and graphs this will continue to happen.

All they are worried about is getting those Tens of Thousands of Dollars in referral fees from links like Chase and other CC's pay them. Some CC Companies actually might give you a lower credit limit for using a bloggers link because they assume you might be a little bit ignorant to let him make all that money off of you.

Quit feeding them and like varmits they will leave your yards and areas and you will be able to remain harvesting

hahah well said!

Well these goof balls aint gonna stop cuz no matter what they post, newbies are gonna flock to their site thinking they are the second coming and never lift a finger to work for themselves to find deals and do stuff on their own. Instead, the goof ball sites know the masses will blindly follow so it's a two way street and a perfect storm... one that eventually kills all of us.

Originally Posted by warpork (Post 22946954)
I just ran into the same issue at my wally. swipe the OV, went straight to a credit signature and fail. Never used to do this.

I recall in Rite Aid, when their stores used to do MOs to GCs, it was the Vanilla ones that could sometimes prompt the clerk to hit credit and if they did, of course they might get spoken to by the store manager. This could cause troubles for people. The other types of GCs did not prompt for credit. So you had to, as a customer, figure out and know how to make sure it said DEBIT and always select that no matter what.

I have not run into the problem where I am yet... so I dunno. But I am sure it will cause problems for many users and could escalate to the point where, like with Rite Aid, Wmt could make some new sets of policies that end up restricting what we do, or even go cash only on some levels of MO-dum.

Rite Aid went cash only on MOs in every store I know. :td:

spgbus May 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 22946973)
Has OV changed? It automatically transacts as a credit card. I tried pressing cancel but nothing works

It happened to me today... The workaround is to:
1. Swipe OV
2. Cancel
3. ATM/Debit
4. No Cash Back
5. Enter the PIN
6. Ask Cashier to hit blue color Debit button on the screen
7. Enter $500
8. Authorized ;)

Chris92128 May 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus (Post 22946993)
1. Swipe OV
2. Cancel
3. ATM/Debit
4. No Cash Back
5. Enter the PIN
7. Enter $500
8. Authorized ;)

Is this just for OV or does it apply to VGC as well?

spgbus May 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Chris92128 (Post 22947007)
Is this just for OV or does it apply to VGC as well?

I only tested OV...

hawkstravler May 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus (Post 22946993)
1. Swipe OV
2. Cancel
3. ATM/Debit
4. No Cash Back
5. Enter the PIN
7. Enter $500
8. Authorized ;)

I just tried this and it still rejected it saying payment form not accepted.

raccah May 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by hawkstravler (Post 22947022)

Yes - newuser0 said that as well - he had to do it a few times to get it to work - not sure why. Could be user/CSR/System issues but the overall idea here is that it should work, once all the ducks line up in a row

spgbus May 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by hawkstravler (Post 22947022)

This happened to me when cashier hit Debit before me entering PIN... Right after card swipe, it prompted 'Waiting for cashier'. At this time, do not ask Cashier to hit Debit or doing anything. After entering PIN, the register prompted 'Waiting for cashier' again. Then kindly ask her to press the blue color 'Debit' first, entering the amount... YMMV.

raccah May 29, 2014 5:46 pm

So now that we have closed out the discussion of newuser0 and his/her's financial life and the such - MOD PLEASE HELP!!! Can you move the pertinent two or three questions and spgbus's answer to the thread that works best. I recommend either:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...a-visa-gc.html

or

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

But of course I leave the final decision to your own domain knowledge!

Thanks we are already having cross pollination of this issue on these other threads!!!