Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:30 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by cdancer20
It's funny that I just posted this yesterday and then walked into Best Buy a couple hours later to just experience it all over again lol.

I was at the register buying $2800 worth of VGCs. (Last month of my unlimited cashback on Cash+ so trying to get a lot in. RIP unlimited Electronics cashback... anyways). I told the cashier (young boy probably no more than 20) that I wanted $200 on each. He was shocked and said "On all these?!?" I said yea and he replied that that's a lot of gift cards and whistled under his breath. It was too funny but I acted completely nonchalant about it. As you said, that's nothing to people like us anymore.
yeah its soo common now its kinda become 2nd nature... he's young? I thought you were around the same age too lol.

btw does BB also have bancorp/incomm VGCs or are they metabank etc like the ones at office/grocery stores?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
"Leech"? I assume you mean bloggers, but no one has to click on any links at their sites. It's entirely voluntary. It's also not unethical to gather publicly-available information and post it.

After getting the woman who threatened me with paperwork 3 of the last 6 times I was at WM, this morning I got two of the best cashiers at the MC as it was just opening. I had $5000 in GCs and I used them all. It went very quickly even though there was a change in the procedure since yesterday on their end. The one was instructing the other on the fly as she helped me. I didn't catch what the changes were, though.
Well, I don't mean the janitor. Nobody has to buy into giant scams such as hedge funds. How much easier it is for others to get pulled in by the smaller scams ...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:58 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
Is it OK to leave America for only 6 months a year using points and miles?
haha yep tho honestly speaking, these days I'd rather stay here and get a piece of all the CB ops out there in the land of the free, I mean 'free credit'

even tho it feels like work, it's kinda almost better than spending time in Europe/South-East Asia/South America using points & miles.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
Well, I don't mean the janitor. Nobody has to buy into giant scams such as hedge funds. How much easier it is for others to get pulled in by the smaller scams ...
Now you're getting ridiculous. It is in no way a scam to have CC links that pay the blogger. It is unethical not to tell readers that, but none of it is illegal like your hedge fund comparison. Your blanket hatred of bloggers goes far beyond reason.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Now you're getting ridiculous. It is in no way a scam to have CC links that pay the blogger. It is unethical not to tell readers that, but none of it is illegal like your hedge fund comparison. Your blanket hatred of bloggers goes far beyond reason.
This of course, is all in your opinion?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
If you're updating the wiki:
1. Proofread. Check your grammar and spelling.
2. Don't delete good information.
3. Learn netiquette. All caps is yelling.
4. Proofread.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FTRox87
yeah its soo common now its kinda become 2nd nature... he's young? I thought you were around the same age too lol.

btw does BB also have bancorp/incomm VGCs or are they metabank etc like the ones at office/grocery stores?
LOL. Yea I'm still young, late 20s to early 30s. The BB cards are metabank.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cdancer20
LOL. Yea I'm still young, late 20s to early 30s. The BB cards are metabank.
Your age fluctuates? Do you bathe in a Lazarus pit? (Bonus points to folks who know what I'm referencing.)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by xyion1
I think you need to wait for it to blink a couple times and show the virtual change payment button. Then you can hit the physical yellow button on the keypad.

For some reason yesterday the POS would not let me hit the change payment button, virtual or physical. We tried about 5 times, then actually changed registers (this was on the 4th of 4 cards for 2 BB loads)..not sure what changed, but I decided from then on to go with 2x $500 loads instead of 1x $1000. Eventually we got it to work, not sure if the cashier hit something different on his side. He was supremely patient, kudos to him, and the other people in line.
I agree. I'm doing separate loads for cards that need the workaround to minimize the risk of something going awry and having to wait for money to be credited.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Your age fluctuates? Do you bathe in a Lazarus pit? (Bonus points to folks who know what I'm referencing.)
LOL. Yep it does. One day I'm told that I look like a high schooler and the next, closer to my age. So in that aspect it fluctuates. In actuality, I just didn't want to give too much personal info on the web...ya know. However, I don't know what a Lazarus pit is...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by f0xx
This of course, is all in your opinion?
No, it's fact

It's not a "scam" to have paid CC links on a blog. A scam implies intend to defraud or trick someone. No blogger is attempting that with CC links and the immense naivety of some readers regarding payment for advertising referral doesn’t make it so.

No matter how much people may dislike bloggers, be it some or all (and I fall into that group sometimes as well), it's not a scam to put referral links on a page.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Stoughton
No matter how much people may dislike bloggers, be it some or all (and I fall into that group sometimes as well), it's not a scam to put referral links on a page.
This.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
No, it's fact

It's not a "scam" to have paid CC links on a blog. A scam implies intend to defraud or trick someone. No blogger is attempting that with CC links and the immense naivety of some readers regarding payment for advertising referral doesn’t make it so.

Where did I say it was a scam? I'm pretty sure I didn't...
The only trick/scam would be if they didn't tell their readers it was a referral and that they're compensated for it.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:01 pm

using VGC on Kate 80% good others get Funds Not Avail Error

Guys,

80% of my VGC I get from CVS load fine on to BB with Kate. 20% get an Funds Not Available error after I enter the pin on Kate. Any ideas around this?

I checked the funds via calling in and its fine. I can even load with CSR when they dont question the debit card.

Any ideas how to make it work with Kate? I dont want to cumulatively have a stack of kate-unfriendly cards that I need to exit with CSR.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f0xx
Where did I say it was a scam? I'm pretty sure I didn't...
The only trick/scam would be if they didn't tell their readers it was a referral and that they're compensated for it.
No, you just called it merely my opinion for writing that it wasn't, even though you've just agreed with what I wrote.

You need to consider if your desire to attack me justifies sidetracking threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.