MO Purchases using OV @ WM

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 14, 7:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: prasha11
Wiki Link
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.



Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 10, 14, 11:30 am
  #886  
Formerly known as FTRox87
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX
Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Posts: 1,428
Originally Posted by cdancer20 View Post
It's funny that I just posted this yesterday and then walked into Best Buy a couple hours later to just experience it all over again lol.

I was at the register buying $2800 worth of VGCs. (Last month of my unlimited cashback on Cash+ so trying to get a lot in. RIP unlimited Electronics cashback... anyways). I told the cashier (young boy probably no more than 20) that I wanted $200 on each. He was shocked and said "On all these?!?" I said yea and he replied that that's a lot of gift cards and whistled under his breath. It was too funny but I acted completely nonchalant about it. As you said, that's nothing to people like us anymore.
yeah its soo common now its kinda become 2nd nature... he's young? I thought you were around the same age too lol.

btw does BB also have bancorp/incomm VGCs or are they metabank etc like the ones at office/grocery stores?
FTR 787 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 11:46 am
  #887  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 571
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
"Leech"? I assume you mean bloggers, but no one has to click on any links at their sites. It's entirely voluntary. It's also not unethical to gather publicly-available information and post it.

After getting the woman who threatened me with paperwork 3 of the last 6 times I was at WM, this morning I got two of the best cashiers at the MC as it was just opening. I had $5000 in GCs and I used them all. It went very quickly even though there was a change in the procedure since yesterday on their end. The one was instructing the other on the fly as she helped me. I didn't catch what the changes were, though.
Well, I don't mean the janitor. Nobody has to buy into giant scams such as hedge funds. How much easier it is for others to get pulled in by the smaller scams ...
carpentry4thought is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 11:58 am
  #888  
Formerly known as FTRox87
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX
Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Posts: 1,428
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought View Post
Is it OK to leave America for only 6 months a year using points and miles?
haha yep tho honestly speaking, these days I'd rather stay here and get a piece of all the CB ops out there in the land of the free, I mean 'free credit'

even tho it feels like work, it's kinda almost better than spending time in Europe/South-East Asia/South America using points & miles.
FTR 787 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 12:56 pm
  #889  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 14,131
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought View Post
Well, I don't mean the janitor. Nobody has to buy into giant scams such as hedge funds. How much easier it is for others to get pulled in by the smaller scams ...
Now you're getting ridiculous. It is in no way a scam to have CC links that pay the blogger. It is unethical not to tell readers that, but none of it is illegal like your hedge fund comparison. Your blanket hatred of bloggers goes far beyond reason.
PaulMSN is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 12:57 pm
  #890  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WAS
Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Posts: 2,576
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
Now you're getting ridiculous. It is in no way a scam to have CC links that pay the blogger. It is unethical not to tell readers that, but none of it is illegal like your hedge fund comparison. Your blanket hatred of bloggers goes far beyond reason.
This of course, is all in your opinion?
f0xx is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:03 pm
  #891  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ATL
Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Posts: 955
If you're updating the wiki:
1. Proofread. Check your grammar and spelling.
2. Don't delete good information.
3. Learn netiquette. All caps is yelling.
4. Proofread.
sechs is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:07 pm
  #892  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,369
Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
yeah its soo common now its kinda become 2nd nature... he's young? I thought you were around the same age too lol.

btw does BB also have bancorp/incomm VGCs or are they metabank etc like the ones at office/grocery stores?
LOL. Yea I'm still young, late 20s to early 30s. The BB cards are metabank.
cdancer20 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:25 pm
  #893  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down South, The Desert
Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by cdancer20 View Post
LOL. Yea I'm still young, late 20s to early 30s. The BB cards are metabank.
Your age fluctuates? Do you bathe in a Lazarus pit? (Bonus points to folks who know what I'm referencing.)
TheDapperDon is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:27 pm
  #894  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down South, The Desert
Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by xyion1 View Post
I think you need to wait for it to blink a couple times and show the virtual change payment button. Then you can hit the physical yellow button on the keypad.

For some reason yesterday the POS would not let me hit the change payment button, virtual or physical. We tried about 5 times, then actually changed registers (this was on the 4th of 4 cards for 2 BB loads)..not sure what changed, but I decided from then on to go with 2x $500 loads instead of 1x $1000. Eventually we got it to work, not sure if the cashier hit something different on his side. He was supremely patient, kudos to him, and the other people in line.
I agree. I'm doing separate loads for cards that need the workaround to minimize the risk of something going awry and having to wait for money to be credited.
TheDapperDon is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:30 pm
  #895  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,369
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon View Post
Your age fluctuates? Do you bathe in a Lazarus pit? (Bonus points to folks who know what I'm referencing.)
LOL. Yep it does. One day I'm told that I look like a high schooler and the next, closer to my age. So in that aspect it fluctuates. In actuality, I just didn't want to give too much personal info on the web...ya know. However, I don't know what a Lazarus pit is...
cdancer20 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:34 pm
  #896  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,996
Originally Posted by f0xx View Post
This of course, is all in your opinion?
No, it's fact

It's not a "scam" to have paid CC links on a blog. A scam implies intend to defraud or trick someone. No blogger is attempting that with CC links and the immense naivety of some readers regarding payment for advertising referral doesn’t make it so.

No matter how much people may dislike bloggers, be it some or all (and I fall into that group sometimes as well), it's not a scam to put referral links on a page.
Stoughton is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:50 pm
  #897  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UES/MWC
Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
No matter how much people may dislike bloggers, be it some or all (and I fall into that group sometimes as well), it's not a scam to put referral links on a page.
This.
Electroman is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 1:52 pm
  #898  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WAS
Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Posts: 2,576
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
No, it's fact

It's not a "scam" to have paid CC links on a blog. A scam implies intend to defraud or trick someone. No blogger is attempting that with CC links and the immense naivety of some readers regarding payment for advertising referral doesn’t make it so.

No matter how much people may dislike bloggers, be it some or all (and I fall into that group sometimes as well), it's not a scam to put referral links on a page.
Where did I say it was a scam? I'm pretty sure I didn't...
The only trick/scam would be if they didn't tell their readers it was a referral and that they're compensated for it.
f0xx is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 2:01 pm
  #899  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 254
using VGC on Kate 80% good others get Funds Not Avail Error

Guys,

80% of my VGC I get from CVS load fine on to BB with Kate. 20% get an Funds Not Available error after I enter the pin on Kate. Any ideas around this?

I checked the funds via calling in and its fine. I can even load with CSR when they dont question the debit card.

Any ideas how to make it work with Kate? I dont want to cumulatively have a stack of kate-unfriendly cards that I need to exit with CSR.
ddavid1101 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 14, 2:23 pm
  #900  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 14,131
Originally Posted by f0xx View Post
Where did I say it was a scam? I'm pretty sure I didn't...
The only trick/scam would be if they didn't tell their readers it was a referral and that they're compensated for it.
No, you just called it merely my opinion for writing that it wasn't, even though you've just agreed with what I wrote.

You need to consider if your desire to attack me justifies sidetracking threads.
PaulMSN is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: