MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 14, 7:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: prasha11
Wiki Link
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

Old May 29, 14, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
o rly?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...n-reasons.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-purchase.html

and I wont even bother mentioning your posts from the Staples, Paypal and other running threads since we've all read your problems there
I really quite did not get your point here or what you want to convey.

1. I will not consider AGC rejection reasons as failure of MS. I will consider, this as failure only if I fail to liquidate these cards. I have never ever had any problem till no to get OV from them. So it's still success. Also, if a store doesn't accept OV we can go to another store, If Amex rejects order, we can't do much anything to get it successful (Means it's not in my hand)

2. I really not sure, what's the point in saying about my TV purchase here. I just asked experts here, if they have any suggestions to double dip the purchase.
One thing that would have been useful in that thread was that "Foxx said he got a TV for $400 . That's really a deal, I would have got this too, if I knew this. Any how, in short, this was for my friend and he paid me cash, I paid my CC card. Done, what's wrong did you find here?

3. When PP closed, I did not even knew about MS, this forum at all. All I really tried that time was to get cash to a card called "Paypal prepaid Master Card". They diidnot like it, closed. Even, that account would have been, one of the two things would have happened
a) I would have never used that account anything other than MS purposes
b) After seeing my only MS activities, they would have anyhow closed my account in a later date. No big deal. Also, this is really not profitable to me.
Old May 29, 14, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff View Post
Calling BS on a MO for $1999.02
".49*2"

if you're going to be jumping on someone, at least make sure you don't have a reading comprehension problem of your own that makes you look silly and incompetent .
Old May 29, 14, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibleed0range View Post
C'mon Man! I wouldn't call giftcard fees debt although technically they are if you don't pay them off. Don't you have the Bluecash card? How are you not MSing on that card and making money? How are you not able to pay a couple hundred in fees a month? As others have pointed out your in way over your head. How are you buying thousands in GC but can't even pay back the GC fees? I mean are you using 1% cards to MS?
Hey buddy you really understood my situation well.
To answer your questions, unfortunately, I am MSing on 1% Cards. This is the only reason, I asked many ppl here, what is the fee free methods to get MS. Experts suggested AGC and staples, so me struck only to these.

2. Yes, I have BC Card. Amex unfortunately tied my hands here. Amex gave me like $20K on my other revolver card, and upto $35K spend ability on my charge card. and JUST $1K on my BC Card.
I got BC card with ONLY intention of making fees money. I am doing 2X on my card now. But still, it is of not much use because
a) I am still under 6.5K threshold currently
b) Can't request any CLI because, I need to wait 6 months to get a CLI from amex.

Any how, I am hoping to get paid by CB Portals soon so that, I can clear and be debt free YaYYYYYY
Old May 29, 14, 5:08 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
No big deal. Also, this is really not profitable to me.
Hey buddy you really understood my situation well.
To answer your questions, unfortunately, I am MSing on 1% Cards.
then why do you MS at all?! you earn a net 0% after GC fees and maybe even lose money taking into consideration MO fees, gas, non-paying portals, time lost/opportunity cost every wk running around all over town -- multiple times to the same store in a day like today.

2. Yes, I have BC Card. Amex unfortunately tied my hands here. JUST $1K on my BC Card.
Amex identified you correctly as a risky consumer

Last edited by FTR 787; May 29, 14 at 5:15 pm
Old May 29, 14, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

I am doing this with the hope to learn and be profitable in future.
Old May 29, 14, 5:16 pm

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
No more MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Kudos to all who suggested that I need to press cancel button after swipe. This process worked for me. Thank you all very much!

Sorry, If I panicked anyone here. My MS life was going smooth till now and all of a sudden this happened and I have no money to pay, so got scared a bit. In life all things will not go as we expect and we need to take this. Anyhow lessons learned. Thanks all again for suggestions.
I sent an alert to a mod to retitle this thread to [FALSE ALARM] and to lock this thread.
Old May 29, 14, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Amex identified you correctly as a risky consumer
Yes you are right, $20K on a revolver card & $35K on another card is usually given to risky customers, especially from a lenders like Amex.
Old May 29, 14, 5:20 pm

The problem with no $$ cushion is that everything becomes so tight after a couple months. Thin windows of time to make payments and you can't have any funds sitting around. Quick loads/unloads then raises the risk of shutdown. Anxious questions like "how long until the MO clears and I get access? I need it by tomorrow!" raises suspicion. Its not just the GC fees, its also late payments, perish the thought. The main problem, however, is there is no cushion. When (not if) a $500-$1000 problem occurs, the MSer starts to get in financial trouble. A card is not activated, a card is lost, a prepaid shuts ya down and holds the funds etc.

I started MS slow with little savings and found it very stressful. I was always worrying about the next shoe to drop. I was anxious at each transaction because I needed this to go through. I decided to save save save to the point I have a cushion of about 10% of my monthly MS. MSing is now a lot more enjoyable. Going 4 for 7 on a day is now just a bit annoying. I live in a semi-rural area and my route takes me through some beautiful country. Its a great drive and I rock out to my favorite tunes. I know most cashiers and we are all friendly. Most of the time, MS is actually enjoyable now.

Do an excel chart of MS monetary assets - MS monetary liability. If you come out even you are skating on thin ice - imo. If you come out negative you are out of control.

Last edited by silver4300; May 29, 14 at 11:07 pm
Old May 29, 14, 5:23 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Yes you are right, $20K on a revolver card & $35K on another card is usually given to risky customers, especially from a lenders like Amex.
spoken like a true nOOb... you cant even float fees, you take out cash from one CC to cover the other CC and think you're not an at-risk for credit default? lol

yeah, keep going the way you are ^ no chance of a FR for you in the near future at all

p.s. since BC is your latest app/card, that CL of $1k shows exactly how much faith Amex has in you recently. I'm sure their algos have picked up on your erratic usage patterns.
Old May 29, 14, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

spoken like a true nOOb... you cant even float fees and think you're not an at-risk for credit default? lol

yeah, keep going the way you are ^ no chance of a FR for you in the near future at all

p.s. since BC is your latest app/card, that CL of $1k shows exactly how much faith Amex has in you recently.
Noob?? this must be the funniest comment in FT ever. All your comments show that you covering up your non-sense statements.

1. No fear of FR. Nothing will happen after FR.
2. I did NOT Said that, I am NOT ABLE TO Float the fees. I have lots of funds invested in properties, stocks, which are always cashable. It's just that my current commintments not allowing me to pay them. This is not a big deal.

If amex loses faith in anybody they will do something called FR. They approved my card, because only they trust me. Or else I would have got FR. Your statement does not makes any sense at all. Please don't troll here. If you have anything use full for me or any one in forum then post.
Old May 29, 14, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silver4300 View Post
The problem with $$ cushion is that everything becomes so tight after a couple months. Thin windows of time to make payments and you can't have any funds sitting around. Quick loads/unloads then raises the risk of shutdown. Anxious questions like "how long until the MO clears and I get access? I need it by tomorrow!" raises suspicion. Its not just the GC fees, its also late payments, perish the thought. The main problem, however, is there is no cushion. When (not if) a $500-$1000 problem occurs, the MSer starts to get in financial trouble. A card is not activated, a card is lost, a prepaid shuts ya down and holds the funds etc.

I started MS slow with little savings and found it very stressful. I was always worrying about the next shoe to drop. I was anxious at each transaction because I needed this to go through. I decided to save save save to the point I have a cushion of about 10% of my monthly MS. MSing is now a lot more enjoyable. Going 4 for 7 on a day is now just a bit annoying. I live in a semi-rural area and my route takes me through some beautiful country. Its a great drive and I rock out to my favorite tunes. I know most cashiers and we are all friendly. Most of the time, MS is actually enjoyable now.

Do an excel chart of MS monetary assets - MS monetary liability. If you come out even you are skating on thin ice - imo. If you come out negative you are out of control.
I am pretty much same in your situation too. Even I started with low investment and hoping to gradually get well in this game. Even, I live in rural area, and it's pretty much enjoyable to MS here especially when I see, no competition for OV cards, MO (Most of the time my WM MO will be empty, no time wasting in queue) . I any how need to go to walmart for groceries, so it's not that I am going for only MS purposes. Also friendly advises from this forum adds up & makes this a lot of enjoyable experience.
Old May 29, 14, 5:39 pm

Dump the 1% cards man. Stop MSing with 1% cards its unprofitable. Your breaking even at best. If CVS is your place try for the US Bank Cash Plus, you will at least get 2% at drug stores. Better yet try for the wells fargo 5% or td rewards 5%(groceries not pharmacies). You aren't learning anything. This game isn't played in hopes to someday be profitable, you should be making money from day 1. If your not your doing something wrong.
Old May 29, 14, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibleed0range View Post
Dump the 1% cards man. Stop MSing with 1% cards its unprofitable. Your breaking even at best. If CVS is your place try for the US Bank Cash Plus, you will at least get 2% at drug stores. Better yet try for the wells fargo 5% or td rewards 5%(groceries not pharmacies). You aren't learning anything. This game isn't played in hopes to someday be profitable, you should be making money from day 1. If your not your doing something wrong.
You are 100% right buddy. If MS is a game, CC are right tools for it.I have accumulated lots of Hard pulls in my credit report. All your suggestions will be incorporated shortly, after they fall off my report.
Old May 29, 14, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Receipt

If any one wants to see the receipt I got form WM today initially. Please use this link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6qdoa0xw8k2bd9/im.jpg
Old May 29, 14, 5:59 pm

Programs: 1&2
WM was a bit different for me today than normal. I had to "change payment type" with every card I swiped.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: