MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 14, 7:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: prasha11
Wiki Link
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 9, 14, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
....., and even one cute one at WM.
Clean your glasses
Old Jun 9, 14, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by payeco View Post
Went back to the WM that gave me trouble yesterday. Had no problem loading one BB. Moved to another cashier line and women that I presume was a manager, and who I know has seen me there before, came over and whispered something in the cashier's ear and the cashier looked directly at me. I presume she telling her to check my ID or something like that. I didn't wait to find out and just left the store.
This screams of you being a fraudster.

Originally Posted by prasha11 View Post
If the title cannot be changed, open a new thread with proper title and ask the moderator to merge the old thread into the new one.
Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
as someone who has started many threads, I know for a fact that titles can be changed. unless there is something special about this subforum that blocks it (hey do we need a workaround for that? ) ... so the OP being a noob notwithstanding, dunno why the mods wont act on behalf of the members and edit the title like they do in other subforums.
So, the title has been changed & it's almost worse than before since it only references MOs.

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought View Post
I'd of said that I was the one driving, do you expect me to drive without a driver's license? I'd be rather pissy at that point.
WRONG. You should NOT get pissy over easily fixable mistakes. He actually gained more points in doing what he did.

Originally Posted by maddie5218 View Post
While I don't think they should be mean in what they're saying, you still should probably do it in a more discrete way. Any employee could be walking around and see that. Also, it's not wise to explain everything you do how you buy them at CVS to the WM employee as the person who saw you said. Just try not to stick out like a sore thumb is what people are saying.
This. PLEASE

Originally Posted by mxhjustin View Post
Today when I read these posts I guess the cashier who did the reload maybe pressed cash instead of debit. Should I just go back to that Walmart and explain the whole thing and give $500 back to them? I don't think I still have the receipt for that load so I don't know which cashier did it. Is there a specific way to find it out? I don't want the cashier who loaded my BB lose her job because of this...
Yes, please go back to the store and set it straight. The cashier was certainly short & is now likely on probation. You will gain credibility, the cashier/mgr will understand their error and hopefully not make it a hassle for you or anyone in the future for fear of future mistakes.
Old Jun 9, 14, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me View Post
Yes, please go back to the store and set it straight. The cashier was certainly short & is now likely on probation. You will gain credibility, the cashier/mgr will understand their error and hopefully not make it a hassle for you or anyone in the future for fear of future mistakes.
Yes, please do so. I know it seems great to get a free $500, but this harms the cashier who made the mistake and it probably matters more for their livelihood than yours. And yes, the discrepancy will be discovered as they tally the balances frequently. I know some of the WM cashiers can be difficult to deal with, but I try to be nice to the ones who make it possible for me to continue to benefit from this game.
Old Jun 9, 14, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte View Post
Yes, please do so. I know it seems great to get a free $500, but this harms the cashier who made the mistake and it probably matters more for their livelihood than yours. And yes, the discrepancy will be discovered as they tally the balances frequently. I know some of the WM cashiers can be difficult to deal with, but I try to be nice to the ones who make it possible for me to continue to benefit from this game.
Seems like they've been screwing up a lot lately.

I had to go back and return $1k the other day.
Old Jun 9, 14, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by hamhead View Post

Why aren't I getting the good mistakes!?
Old Jun 9, 14, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by maddie5218 View Post
I've never had an issue doing anything at WM until this system update. Not sure why you had an issue!
Same here. Never a problem at the Walmarts I frequent.
Old Jun 9, 14, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng View Post
Does this apply the kiosk, or in person?
The MoneyCenter Express works as per usual and is not affected by this change.
Old Jun 9, 14, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by ZzzzX View Post
Did you all see this? Stumbled on it via a google search.

http://travelwithgrant.com/2014/05/3...ads-difficult/
Squares? Where are the arrows? This guy is such a failure!
Old Jun 9, 14, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by sechs View Post
Squares? Where are the arrows? This guy is such a failure!
Sigh. Snitches everywhere.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:07 pm

($500 GC coupled with 15-20 grocery items looks a lot less odd than throwing down a couple GCs and nothing else) or making a run and hitting up a few stores for $500-1k at each.
Exactly. I pop one or two in the cart with the $150 of food. Some cards just code it all as grocery store.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
There are a couple of cute women at my CVS, and even one cute one at WM.
Which WM are YOU going to, cause it's certainly not the same one I'm going to.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Sorry dude but the OV and Vanilla VGCs are DEBIT cards..no IFs ANDs or BUTs about it. It says DEBIT on the front of the cards. If you go to any other store besides Walmart, the OV/Vanilla VGC defaults to the "debit" selection and prompts you to enter a PIN. Just because Walmart decided to implement some scheme (IMO) to fool the OV/Vanilla VGCs to show up as "credit" upon swipe is wrong. So no I don't think there is anything wrong with the workaround.

All your other mumbo jumbo about fraud is *yawn* because it is not. We all purchased these OV/VGCs with "legit" money so there is no funny business.
Agreed. The system also kicked out my bank debit card. I had to select "change payment" to conclude my transaction. No fraud here. I use debit cards. Next issue.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mxhjustin View Post
Something similar happened to me.

Around 2 weeks ago I went to Walmart to load $500 to my BB with paypal debit card. After the transaction, I realized that I didn't input any pin but still got a confirmation reciept. I was thinking though that the transaction maybe failed. When I arrived home, I found it didn't. I had $500 in my BB but no money was deducted from my paypal debit card. I thought later the $500 in BB would be returned to Walmart or Amex automatically. But it never happened.

Today when I read these posts I guess the cashier who did the reload maybe pressed cash instead of debit. Should I just go back to that Walmart and explain the whole thing and give $500 back to them? I don't think I still have the receipt for that load so I don't know which cashier did it. Is there a specific way to find it out? I don't want the cashier who loaded my BB lose her job because of this...

Dang. I hate to say this but they may have already fired the cashier.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought View Post
I can't remember a cashier that I'd want to hear such things from. *shudders*
This.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:34 pm

I used to wait tables (in my youthiness). It was a sick sick feeling when you knew you had drooped $100 or lost a few twenties--especially when rent was due. They cash out every time they work. I'm sure they have to balance.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: