Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 2:01 pm

No change here this morning. Hit two Walmarts and had no issue getting MOs.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
look, i'm kinda the first to jump on newbs when they post something stupid, BUT... you guys are jumping on him for reporting/asking about something new.

i have never seen that error message before. has anyone else? btw, if i see one more oh-so-in-the-know ft'er saying 'you need to evolve youf...' i'm going to puke- note: it's not as clever as you think when you write it, and you sound like a doofus.

now, to the issue at hand, i'm speculating/hoping the cashier was hitting the wrong key and hit "Credit" instead of "Debit" on her terminal...
Right, some of the responses remind me of the last-ditch "This is only regional" with VRs with CC at CVS. Hopefully, as you say, this is cashier error, but about two weeks ago a clerk asked her supervisor "Are we still allowed to take these prepaid debits" so maybe a change is coming.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Clearly they also don't know how to ring up a MO. /end of story
Thy are experts in printing MO.
One cashier even has the talent to print MO with closed eyes (few steps of the process) .Imagine, the level of experience in printing MO they have..

A lot of workers here either take MO/ do Wire transfer.

2. The cashier knows me well and is always helpful. Of course, I have taken a lot of MO from her before. She sincerely tried her best and could not understand why system is rejected my order.
I believe only I understood the rejection reason
Old May 29, 2014, 2:03 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by newuser0
yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all
why in good god's name, why?!

hilarity always ensues with this guy
Old May 29, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
At the Walmart MC I've never been given the option to use credit. On the pin pad it says debit or you would hand cash to the cashier. The only issue I've ever has is not being able to drain the full $500 off a card, had to do $499. I don't do MO anymore I've moved to other already know Ave's.

I'd try it again or switch your M$ technique.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all, now doing like $2-3K per 15 days. That's all.

I am worried that nextmonth 4th I need to cash out to pay my CC bills. Need to learn to do something before that time.

Any suggestions from you??

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
Just give up. This is clearly way over your head.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
One cashier even has the talent to print MO with closed eyes (few steps of the process) .Imagine, the level of experience in printing MO they have..

2. The cashier knows me well and is always helpful. Of course, I have taken a lot of MO from her before. She sincerely tried her best and could not understand why system is rejected my order.
ok I get it... you're back to trolling us today arent you

keep going tho daily dose of expected entertainment from NU0
Old May 29, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

When you swiped your card, did you immediately hit the 'change payment' or 'cancel' button on the screen and then 'debit'? If you have read all the wiki's and threads, you will know you only have a second or two to do this before it registers as 'credit' in some cases. You have to be real quick. I know it is only supposed to be necessary for M/C and certain types of Visa GC's but I do it every time I use a GC to buy a M/O regardless of type. Never failed me yet. If you didn't hit 'change payment' then give that a try. If you did and it still didn't work, then I have no clue what the problem was as it worked for me this morning at my WM.
Suspended

Worst troll ever

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
look, i'm kinda the first to jump on newbs when they post something stupid, BUT... you guys are jumping on him for reporting/asking about something new.

i have never seen that error message before. has anyone else? btw, if i see one more oh-so-in-the-know ft'er saying 'you need to evolve your...' i'm going to puke- note: it's not as clever as you think when you write it, and you sound like a doofus.

now, to the issue at hand, i'm speculating/hoping the cashier was hitting the wrong key and hit "Credit" instead of "Debit" on her terminal...
I have ran in to that issue a few weeks ago with a wm csr that doesn't want to do anything. The small sheet says tender not allow or something like that. Just go back to a different Csr later.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:10 pm

yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all, now doing like $2-3K per 15 days. That's all.

I am worried that nextmonth 4th I need to cash out to pay my CC bills. Need to learn to do something before that time.

Any suggestions from you??

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
You need to buildup a bankroll man.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions.

Two things unique about my WM is that
1. The kisok always works here. (Never broken)
2. MO fees is 0.49 not 0.70 as most of you guys pay.

But some times, Kisok will not allow MO. I guess this may be due no MO paper available inside the kisok.

These are my current plans -

1. Will go there again and see if it goes well with another cashier ( I doubt this)
2. Load GB Card with Kisok. - By doing this I can CONFIRM you all if my Wally has changed the way they process OV Cards.
3. Try another WM we have here.

Today is kinda bad day. FIRST TIME EVER, my CVS store WROTE down my DL# & SCANNED in system for a $1.5 Purchase.

All he said was " We have to do some paperwork for you". I did not spoke any word after this, just left the store. It looked like he may be the Manager of that CVS Store.
Old May 29, 2014, 2:13 pm

Today is kinda bad day. FIRST TIME EVER, my CVS store WROTE down my DL# & SCANNED in system for a $1.5 Purchase.

All he said was " We have to do some paperwork for you". I did not spoke any word after this, just left the store. It looked like he may be the Manager of that CVS Store.
yeah no doubt you're the first person to ever experience something like that

the sky is falling man when they scan your license for a dollar and 50c purchase
Old May 29, 2014, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
When you swiped your card, did you immediately hit the 'change payment' or 'cancel' button on the screen and then 'debit'? If you have read all the wiki's and threads, you will know you only have a second or two to do this before it registers as 'credit' in some cases. You have to be real quick. I know it is only supposed to be necessary for M/C and certain types of Visa GC's but I do it every time I use a GC to buy a M/O regardless of type. Never failed me yet. If you didn't hit 'change payment' then give that a try. If you did and it still didn't work, then I have no clue what the problem was as it worked for me this morning at my WM.
Thanks for the suggestions. I knew about this and all my transactions till now have been approved. Never ever done this even once.

May be I should TRY this once and see.
But I really HOPE that Cashier hit the wrong button. I can confirm this if, I will be successful in loading my GB with Kisok or NOT...
Old May 29, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
OV work still...
The error message you got - that prints out everytime you get a money order at least in my area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.