Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:25 am

Can Anyone tell me if the following Visa GC can be used to pay Citi bill and to buy MO at WM atm?
what else can you do with it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zbt0jor5v...601_111140.jpg
Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Can Anyone tell me if the following Visa GC can be used to pay Citi bill and to buy MO at WM atm?
what else can you do with it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zbt0jor5v...601_111140.jpg
Thanks
The mailbox in front of my house accepts such cards.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:35 am

Did a full round of experiments this morning hitting 2 different Walmarts while running errands. $1.5K loaded to BB from OV via Kate normally, $1.5K loaded to BB from OV via a different WM Money Center. $2k in MOs from OV purchased at WM Money Center. Still had to use the workaround for WM MC stuff, but the cashiers are well aware of how to handle it now.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:46 am

Loaded $1000 to BB, billpayed my WF Visa for $1998.12 and bought money orders worth $1998.60 this morning at Walmart, using 10 OVs.
I followed the instructions in the Wiki and they worked just fine, so thank you for that...

Yesterday I tried to do the Billpay with OVs at the same Walmart and failed, but I think I missed a step or the cashier was too fast on her side of the counter.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:04 pm

Use the WM kiosk to buy MO or reload BB with VGC or OV is fine for me.

However, today, one of the OV was not working, not sure why, first time to use that specific card. The system just did not take it as debit. Use another OV, and worked fine.

Anyone meet similar problem ? For some specific cards (not for specific type of cards), the system didn't work.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:20 pm

was unable to load BB with OVs using a cashier today. Had succes loading 6 BBs using Kate. Two OVs did not work for some reason. I just used different ones. Also twice, I had a message that said "invalid swipe" and asked me to hit OK. However, there was no option for "OK". It locked up the machine for a few minutes and then it went back to the main screen.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by mensday
was unable to load BB with OVs using a cashier today. Had succes loading 6 BBs using Kate. Two OVs did not work for some reason. I just used different ones. Also twice, I had a message that said "invalid swipe" and asked me to hit OK. However, there was no option for "OK". It locked up the machine for a few minutes and then it went back to the main screen.
6 BBs? You must have a big family.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mensday
Successful across 4 different cards today, just hit the cancel button quickly after swiping... same process that was in the wiki... this was on an older monochrome machine, in NJ
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:05 pm

Is the split transaction (more than one OV in same transaction) working using the workaround for MOs?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by RJ5929
Is the split transaction (more than one OV in same transaction) working using the workaround for MOs?
Yes, but you need to hit Change Payment after each swipe.

I was hoping that the US Bank Visa GiftCards would have an easier workaround than the VGCs fron CVS/Walgreens, but it was actually harder. I had to hit Change Payment twice on these. If I hit it one time, it got rejected at the end. But halfway through the process, the Yellow Change Payment icon occurred again, which allowed the green Debit icon to make an appearance. Once that Green Debit icon is pressed, these cards also work.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:34 pm

Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Andy2
I was hoping that the US Bank Visa GiftCards would have an easier workaround than the VGCs fron CVS/Walgreens, but it was actually harder.
Interesting because for me USB VCGs worked as before (no work around needed). OVs on the other did. This is to load BB at cashier. Color POS devices if that makes a difference.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Andy2
Yes, but you need to hit Change Payment after each swipe.

I was hoping that the US Bank Visa GiftCards would have an easier workaround than the VGCs fron CVS/Walgreens, but it was actually harder. I had to hit Change Payment twice on these. If I hit it one time, it got rejected at the end. But halfway through the process, the Yellow Change Payment icon occurred again, which allowed the green Debit icon to make an appearance. Once that Green Debit icon is pressed, these cards also work.
All the reports I've seen on here say USB VGCs work as they always have. No need to change the payment type. Did you actually try it without doing anything?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:41 pm

Do the metabank vgcs work as they always have? I saw one person mention that there was no work around needed for metabank.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:41 pm

Ugh.....yeah, first time I have ever had issues loading OV at my WM.
Kiosk works fine but both the money center and regular cashiers kept coming up as credit.
I knew there was supposed to be some trick to do with the keypad, though I've never done it before. I will be going back later this afternoon and will try to do the cancel trick. This is going to make thinks much more annoying however...even if it does work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.