Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
Anyone heard of the MO machine down for more than 2 days at a WMT?
asked the cashier whats wrong, she says 'I punch in and nothing happens' sounds strange to me.....

connection issues?
I ran into this multiple times. Can be anything from the line in or out,to a problem with the printer (usually the case) among others. If they cant get it fixed on their own (and usually it takes a mgr with the proper keys) then they have to wait for service to arrive

No different then a problem with your phone or cable , CSr will try and talk you thru a fix a few different ways if necessary and if nothing works sets up an apt for service to come to you, lucky if they get to you within a few days, so why is this any different
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by member7777
The part about someone following her isn't. My CCW license makes me feel a little better about kate squaking "$500" every 2.2 minutes.
You gotta love when the clerk at CVS loudly says "Your total comes to $2000."
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
You gotta love when the clerk at CVS loudly says "Your total comes to $2000."
I always worry someone is going to "pay me a visit" when I am in the parking lot unboxing the cards and getting ready to go get MOs.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I ran into this multiple times. Can be anything from the line in or out,to a problem with the printer (usually the case) among others. If they cant get it fixed on their own (and usually it takes a mgr with the proper keys) then they have to wait for service to arrive

No different then a problem with your phone or cable , CSr will try and talk you thru a fix a few different ways if necessary and if nothing works sets up an apt for service to come to you, lucky if they get to you within a few days, so why is this any different
Usually its out of paper issue, but this time is strange, connection problem...some kind of network issue?

My WF offer is ending next week, do not want to pre-buy the Gebits and sit on it for months to liquidate because thats the only MO store for me + BB (5k/month)....
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Usually its out of paper issue, but this time is strange, connection problem...some kind of network issue?

My WF offer is ending next week, do not want to pre-buy the Gebits and sit on it for months to liquidate because thats the only MO store for me + BB (5k/month)....
the only possible paper problem would be they ran out completely. 1 min do you get the MOs from a Kate? Where I am a few dz WMs and all are at the CS, which I prefer as its $1k for $.70 instead of per $500. But either way a paper problem should get it back up and running 1-2-3 once the mgr sees that.

All I ever hear is sorry the MOs are down and not working, never asked why, just left and drove to the next location
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:26 pm

Anyone heard of the MO machine down for more than 2 days at a WMT?
asked the cashier whats wrong, she says 'I punch in and nothing happens' sounds strange to me.....

connection issues?
Yes. MO machine was down for more than three months at one local WM. I submitted a complaint via WM's web site, but no action was taken until I called the number on WM's site to file another complaint.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Twist - MO limits to $500 a piece

At a super Wally today that has a MC. Cashier told me the maximum value on MO now is $500, though it is still $0.70 up to $1000.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
At a super Wally today that has a MC. Cashier told me the maximum value on MO now is $500, though it is still $0.70 up to $1000.

surprise, surprise.....probably that is being set up! printer has enough paper,

my only hope...other 2 wmt around me - no Gebit cards

so u get 4 MOs per receipt because 4x500 is max allowed!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

surprise, surprise.....probably that is being set up! printer has enough paper,

my only hope...other 2 wmt around me - no Gebit cards

so u get 4 MOs per receipt because 4x500 is max allowed!
Yup, instead of 2x $1000 it spit out 4x $500. Annoying as it took twice as long and twice the money orders.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have read through several of these posts. Could anyone provide me with info regarding what GC are eligible towards purchasing MO at Wally. I don't know of any other $500 that you are allowed to get with a CC purchase then OV. Generally I get VCG at Staples/OM but they are fixed at 200
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
I have read through several of these posts. Could anyone provide me with info regarding what GC are eligible towards purchasing MO at Wally. I don't know of any other $500 that you are allowed to get with a CC purchase then OV. Generally I get VCG at Staples/OM but they are fixed at 200
Not sure what "several" means, but it wasn't quite enough. Info is all spelled out way to easily in these forums...give it one more look see
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by PointSeeker07
check variable Visa debit cards issued by Sunrise bank sold at most WM.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had connection issues down here ALL THE TIME. No big deal.

Weather, construction nearby, anything that affects the internet connection of a particular area, can affect the Moneygram operation.

A nearby Wally is in the process to remodel to a Super Wally, while the store continues operating thru the project that has been going on for almost a year now. Their moneygram went down A LOT thanks to the construction. In fact they have someone monitor the downs, (because their internet connection or whatever else would also be down) Once it is back up an employee would go to the CS desk to inform the cashiers there now Moneygram is working.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
check variable Visa debit cards issued by Sunrise bank sold at most WM.
And all the WMs down here are Cash or Debit only. Hard-coded at registers. Just saying so before someone gets his hope up, he may not be able to buy it with CC at all at his locations.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Thread closure

This thread about buying Money Orders at Walmart using OneVanilla(OV) cards is over one year old. As OV (and all Vanilla cards) generally stopped working at Walmart to buy MO (or load bluebird/serve) almost a year ago (as indicated in the wiki), I think this thread has outlasted its usefulness. In fact most recent posts have been about topics other than buying MO with OV @ WM. Therefore I think it is time to close this thread.

If there is new information about using Vanilla cards at Walmart to buy Money Orders, please contact the mods to re-open the thread. Note that there are other threads for discussing other types of gift cards or other places where you can buy money orders besides Walmart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.