Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

All my 6 swipes for a $500 MO today at my local WM has been declined. The system/pad seemed so fast today. Tried to load GB, it was success.

Not sure, if the software upgrade process is still continuing in phases, and causing some issues.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
The checkfreepay system is also down so I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch.
When the new CheckFreePay system comes on, they'll start requiring a facial recognition scan from you for each MO and Billpay transaction.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by silver4300
Open your mind a bit. The wm restrictions raise some larger issues in ms.
Wise words. We're about to enter a period where everyone will do a gut check to figure out if they're in or out. I suspect many will be out and ultimately that will be a very good thing.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Old May 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:18 am
Old May 31, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by amolkold
The checkfreepay system is also down so I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch.
I had the same issue this am. Hope that's all it is. If not, there's always Riverside...
Old May 31, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
Stop with the sars talk. Jesus christ just stop.
Gladly.

But first why?

Am I inaccurate? I don't think so based on it happening to me several times and discussing with the CSR while it was happening.

If I am accurate, what am I missing?

Not trying to be dense but I think it is important people are informed or at least pointed in the right direction.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Yes it is wishful thinking but anytime a workaround is required that adds more complexity to the current situation to me is a deterrent. Of course if WM really wanted to ban the use of all DCs on BB/Serve loading they would have just hard coded it but then again it screws the BB/Serve customers who truly fund their BB/Serve accounts with their bank DCs.
You're seriously overthinking this.

There's no reason for them to go to the effort of "deterring" it, when they could put that towards just stopping it. In fact, as pointed out repeatedly here, they could just ban the card numbers from the prepaid card issuers -- a much easier task.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by MsArbi
Gotta love the doom and gloom.
spoken by someone who joined in november and apparently has not been doing MS a # of years like myself and others. when there is smoke for a particular MS avenue there is nearly always fire soon after and then it's over and someone makes a youtube hitler video.

similar naive comments propagated the cvs thread early on (and every other major ms (mint, od, etc etc)...
Old May 31, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
If folks would stop editing the wiki to include a picture of the card reader from the MoneyCenter Express (Kate, kiosk, thing that doesn't have this issue), that'd be great.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Gladly.

But first why?

Am I inaccurate? I don't think so based on it happening to me several times and discussing with the CSR while it was happening.

If I am accurate, what am I missing?

Not trying to be dense but I think it is important people are informed or at least pointed in the right direction.
Your comment is speculation. A simpler explanation, also just speculation, is they want to know who they're selling a $1000 MO to. No need to bring up the SAR bogeyman.
Old May 31, 2014, 7:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton, BA, AA, SPG
Smile Everything back to normal at WM as of this evening

Everything is back to working as usual regarding MO purchases at WM as of this evening. This wasn't the case a day ago. As of tonight it worked just like it always has.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by moobearus
Everything is back to working as usual regarding MO purchases at WM as of this evening. This wasn't the case a day ago. As of tonight it worked just like it always has.
Same here as well..
Old May 31, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
Same here as well..
What do you guys mean in "back to normal"? As in OVs don't have issues?
Old May 31, 2014, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
OVs worked for you?

Son of a ....., I just wasted $20 in extra activation fees buying MetaBank VCGs specifically for Walmart.

On another note, a certain large cat based grocery chain is terrible at processing multiple MOs if they're for the same amount. Will probably only get one at a time from there except for the one closest to me which handled it OK and just did separate transactions for $499.50 + $0.46. I also hate leaving 4 cents on every card like that but I'm not going to ask for $499.54 every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.