Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
So he already did apologize.

What is it about some posters that they have to make personal attacks if anything they write is questioned?
Ummm... pot calling the kettle black? You call people paranoid just because they don't agree with how this guy wants to call all these stores.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:59 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
calling someone paranoid is not a personal attack.

tho, I do agree with eric's sentiments that this is one of things that you DO NOT call about.

do the legwork, put in the time and get results... or dont do it at all. besides results vary all the time, moreso than a call can tell you, say for ex there's a shift change by the time you get there....
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
Ummm... pot calling the kettle black? You call people paranoid just because they don't agree with how this guy wants to call all these stores.
No, I call the frantic attack on anyone who reveals information -- information that the poster does not own and cannot prove will cause a problem if revealed -- paranoid because it is.

My opinion is that this kind of irrational anger is based on selfishness and greed because in essence it is demanding that others cease giving out information that will help people not in the know in favor of preserving it for those who already know.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:45 pm

I think that you should all stop giving away secrets...In the future, please PM them to me first. I will let you know whether or not they are ok to post
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by commdiver
i think that you should all stop giving away secrets...in the future, please pm them to me first. I will let you know whether or not they are ok to post :d
^ rotflmao
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
I think that you should all stop giving away secrets...In the future, please PM them to me first. I will let you know whether or not they are ok to post
+1
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:58 pm

I had written of vanilla stuff, but I don't have redbird access and noting new deal that makes me want to be a kid again.

Based on the wiki, am i understanding that KATE still takes vanilla?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:09 pm

SURE! As long as you find a Kate that isn't located inside a Walmart.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
I had written of vanilla stuff, but I don't have redbird access and noting new deal that makes me want to be a kid again.

Based on the wiki, am i understanding that KATE still takes vanilla?
yes, she does in small feedings of less than $50
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:03 pm

I'm sure the people behind you will TOTALLY understand as you swipe the same card ten times. Definitely not behaviour to ever encourage.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by mbaker4096
I'm sure the people behind you will TOTALLY understand as you swipe the same card ten times. Definitely not behaviour to ever encourage.
For me, one OV gets me a$450 MO then 49.31 at Kate when I am there to make a bill pay.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by member7777
Because he said:

"I apologize if I've upset or annoyed anyone."

Now go home and get your shine box.
LOL we know what happened to the moron who said "Now go home and get your shine box"
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmyjackfunk
LOL we know what happened to the moron who said "Now go home and get your shine box"
Ah, you took all the joy out of it now lol
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mbaker4096
Geeze, it's bad enough that people stand there for half an hour loading 10 Staples GC, now people are swiping 10 times to load ONE GC? Come on people.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Tuppins
Geeze, it's bad enough that people stand there for half an hour loading 10 Staples GC, now people are swiping 10 times to load ONE GC? Come on people.
Then they are doing it wrong. I go through 10 staples gcs in just over 10 minutes. Not to mention its highly ymmv, at my wm the kiosk line is always empty and the mc line is always out the door. No one ever notices me at the kiosk, and whenever someone else comes up to use it, which is rare, I step aside into the long line to get my MOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.