Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
If you have to use hyperbole to make your point, your point is likely invalid.
+ 1
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:52 pm

I don't understand your big words, so I'm going to take them as a sign of disrespect.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by aGeist
"the trick" if you want the Kate removed from your local WM.

#havetobekiddingme
I don't think WM will remove Kate, since WM is going into banking now, they just have to make Kate more reliable, imagine a bank's ATM breaks every other day, and only 2 or 3 of them in town?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:56 pm

I don't understand your big words, so I'm going to take them as a sign of disrespect.
Antidisestablishmentarianism
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Brugge
+ 1
Boy if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black..X2
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
at least you are staying on topic....religion
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ZeroMile
I don't think WM will remove Kate, since WM is going into banking now, they just have to make Kate more reliable, imagine a bank's ATM breaks every other day, and only 2 or 3 of them in town?
Kate serves no purpose other than to reduce load on the CS/MC staff.

Every Walmart has an ATM, but very few have a multifunction kiosk. If the kiosk were a profit generating device for WM, they'd be in every store overnight and they would function as intended. The only reason they still exist in the stores where they are is because WM hasn't found reason the replace them out with a basic ATM yet.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have yet to see a Kate in any of the WMs in my area.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by jaiice
If Kate is available, all OVs go through with 1, 2 or max 3 swipes.
Usually my experience too, but yesterday I had a OV that just would not load. 5 swipes got me nowhere, so I switched to a different card, which loaded on the first swipe. The other 3 cards all loaded with 2 or 3 swipes. Then (I took a break of course) I went back to trying to load my problem card. Must have tried 25 swipes before I gave up. Called in, the card is activated and has $500 on it. So I brought it back home and used it on Evolve with no problems. Something about that card, first time ever, Kate just could not read it. From now on, I'm bringing one more card than I intend to load, just in case.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:58 am

I loaded 6 yesterday around 7am EST.

3 swipes
1 swipe
1 swipe
2 swipe
1 swipe
1 swipe

Was expecting much worse results given all the complaining in here (dont typically do OVs since I have much more profitable ventures and a myriad of cash out methods, but gave it a shot this time around and had backup cards if it didnt work)
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
I loaded 6 yesterday around 7am EST.

Was expecting much worse results given all the complaining in here (dont typically do OVs since I have much more profitable ventures and a myriad of cash out methods, but gave it a shot this time around and had backup cards if it didnt work)
Just loaded $4K to our BB accts at WM. 7 of the 8 cards loaded on the first or second swipe. One problem card took about 8 swipes, and I had visions of it never working like yesterday's problem card. But 5 swipes (break) 3 more swipes, and it loaded. All's well that ends well.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Floccinaucinihilipilification!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Usually my experience too, but yesterday I had a OV that just would not load. 5 swipes got me nowhere, so I switched to a different card, which loaded on the first swipe. The other 3 cards all loaded with 2 or 3 swipes. Then (I took a break of course) I went back to trying to load my problem card. Must have tried 25 swipes before I gave up. Called in, the card is activated and has $500 on it. So I brought it back home and used it on Evolve with no problems. Something about that card, first time ever, Kate just could not read it. From now on, I'm bringing one more card than I intend to load, just in case.
Some people just have no value for their time and lack any degree of discretion or _______.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:16 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G

Stay classy San Diego! Err wait this is from a diff movie, Kev Hart quote #JayTheBarber #40-40
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:42 am

I cannot wait for OV to totally stop working, since this last round of small loads and many swipes, kate is almost always sick and out of order, on Wednesday i stopped by WM in the afternoon, went to see kate to see her again with a system error and multiple receipts on the floor, at least pickup the receipts and don't make a mess when your trying your MSing. i am not having any luck where i live in the afternoons lately, my best bet now is to start going early in the morning when its suppose to be working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.