MO Purchases using OV @ WM

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 14, 7:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: prasha11
Wiki Link
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.



Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

Old May 29, 14, 2:46 pm
  #16  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
Originally Posted by raccah View Post
Really newuser0 - come on, use BB loads at WM, use AFT, use MO purely as debit, or use Bill pay at WM or 7-11, there are so many ways. Also, what does Visa Buxx have to do with OV??? WHY WOULD you load OV on Visa Buxx???

READ READ READ before you act!
I have READ READ READ READ READ A LOT

1. BB Completed my $5K long time.
2. BP at WM - my cashiers doesn't know how to do this. Tried 5 times, with different cashiers, they try a lot of things and say me that they have never done this before.
3. No Target withing 100 miles of me.

Some one said about Visa Buxx above, so I replied that, I was NOT able to apply for this card from US Bank.
Ofcourse, I NEVER SAID that Buxx is RELATED TO OV...
newuser0 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:46 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,034
Originally Posted by raccah View Post
Really newuser0 - come on, use BB loads at WM, use AFT, use MO purely as debit, or use Bill pay at WM or 7-11, there are so many ways. Also, what does Visa Buxx have to do with OV??? WHY WOULD you load OV on Visa Buxx???

READ READ READ before you act!
You should probably read what he posted. He already tried to buy MO at walmart and that was what the screen said. He also never mentioned anything about loading a Buxx card with OV. Someone else hinted at getting the buxx card as a supplement to WM.
ibleed0range is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:49 pm
  #18  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
Originally Posted by raccah View Post
OK that would be VERY new. Until now that occurred with MC GC and you had to hit cancel to change to debit, but it is possible that this has changed...
EXACTLY...
This is what I want to confirm with you guys here...
May be this had been implemented in my ONLY STORE or whole WM EVERYWHERE...
I did this just like 20 Mins Ago..
newuser0 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:49 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,044
Originally Posted by ibleed0range View Post
You should probably read what he posted. He already tried to buy MO at walmart and that was what the screen said. He also never mentioned anything about loading a Buxx card with OV. Someone else hinted at getting the buxx card as a supplement to WM.
The moment i wanted to apply for Visa Buxx. They stopped taking new applications.

I got $3K OV now. Thinking of a way to cashout
I did read what he wrote - that is above!! newuser0 made two statements side by side, how was I to know they were unrelated! However, he said BOTH.

Anyway, the main thrust of this either belongs in the BB thread or the PIN thread
raccah is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:50 pm
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
Originally Posted by ibleed0range View Post
You should probably read what he posted. He already tried to buy MO at walmart and that was what the screen said. He also never mentioned anything about loading a Buxx card with OV. Someone else hinted at getting the buxx card as a supplement to WM.
Thanks for understanding me
newuser0 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:50 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,044
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
EXACTLY...
This is what I want to confirm with you guys here...
May be this had been implemented in my ONLY STORE or whole WM EVERYWHERE...
I did this just like 20 Mins Ago..
newuser0 - I would close this thread - and post your concern/experience in either the PIN thread or the BB thread or the MO thread. That is where this belongs.
raccah is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:52 pm
  #22  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: ILG/PHL
Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Posts: 1,075
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
The moment i wanted to apply for Visa Buxx. They stopped taking new applications.

I got $3K OV now. Thinking of a way to cashout
You've already said you can't afford any float what-so-ever. Why do you still keep doing MS when you always seem to end up in situations like this?
payeco is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:53 pm
  #23  
Formerly known as FTRox87
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: TX
Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Posts: 1,428
another classic newuser0 thread ^

where are you located btw? I've had pushback from MC cashiers about using OVs but they allow it and no issues on the register, the transaction always goes thru. did one just yest.
FTR 787 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:54 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,942
Originally Posted by raccah View Post
I did read what he wrote - that is above!! newuser0 made two statements side by side, how was I to know they were unrelated! However, he said BOTH.
Well, "side by side" in the sense that one was post 1 and one was post 7? OK.
To see how they relate, you could have read the stuff in between to get what some call "context".

But it is easier to be patronizing. So well done!
silver6054 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:55 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MCO
Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Posts: 794
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
2. BP at WM - my cashiers doesn't know how to do this. Tried 5 times, with different cashiers, they try a lot of things and say me that they have never done this before.
..
Clearly they also don't know how to ring up a MO. /end of story
TTnC4me is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:57 pm
  #26  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all, now doing like $2-3K per 15 days. That's all.

I am worried that nextmonth 4th I need to cash out to pay my CC bills. Need to learn to do something before that time.

Any suggestions from you??

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
newuser0 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:59 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: a hotel room, somewhere...
Posts: 962
look, i'm kinda the first to jump on newbs when they post something stupid, BUT... you guys are jumping on him for reporting/asking about something new.

i have never seen that error message before. has anyone else? btw, if i see one more oh-so-in-the-know ft'er saying 'you need to evolve your...' i'm going to puke- note: it's not as clever as you think when you write it, and you sound like a doofus.

now, to the issue at hand, i'm speculating/hoping the cashier was hitting the wrong key and hit "Credit" instead of "Debit" on her terminal...

Last edited by uncommonsensical; May 29, 14 at 3:06 pm
uncommonsensical is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:59 pm
  #28  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
Originally Posted by FTRox87 View Post
another classic newuser0 thread ^

where are you located btw? I've had pushback from MC cashiers about using OVs but they allow it and no issues on the register, the transaction always goes thru. did one just yest.
LOL!!
I always use VISA Cards and never faced any issues of clicking cancel button.
Will try this on my next visit. Thank you..
newuser0 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 2:59 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,942
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all, now doing like $2-3K per 15 days. That's all.

I am worried that nextmonth 4th I need to cash out to pay my CC bills. Need to learn to do something before that time.

Any suggestions from you??

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
Try various big chain supermarkets. Many of them sell MOs with debit cards, fees might be higher than WM, I pay $1 per $500 MO at three of my local stores.
silver6054 is offline  
Old May 29, 14, 3:00 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,044
Originally Posted by newuser0 View Post
yeah this is the main problem buddy. I can't stop MS at all, now doing like $2-3K per 15 days. That's all.

I am worried that nextmonth 4th I need to cash out to pay my CC bills. Need to learn to do something before that time.

Any suggestions from you??

PS-I have floated the fees for Staples GC, OV , AGC etc. I don't have money to pay this. So I do $2-3K MS to rotate the money between my cards, so that, It will buy me some time till I get paid out by CB Portals.
If you do not have a target card already AFT will not work as you have to get a perm card from them which takes too long. You can pay your bill at 7-11 which could work. You can pay bills on evolve. You can go to another store to buy MO, there is an entire MO thread on what stores allow MO purchases - other than WM. You can load them on AP - which you could get without any wait time. That is just a FEW of the options...
raccah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: